A 10-year-old pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in Pasadena on Monday morning, May 8, 2023.
According to Pasadena Police Department, the collision happened around 7:24 p.m. on Sierra Bonita Avenue at E. Colorado Boulevard.
Authorities stated that a 35-year-old man was driving northbound on Sierra Bonita Avenue when he struck a boy crossing the westbound roadway.
The boy had head injuries and was brought to a hospital in the area for treatment; it is currently unknown what his current state is.
The driver stayed at the scene of the accident. It is not known whether or not he was cited for the offense.
The authorities have not yet released any further information.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Pasadena, Los Angeles County
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an automobile accident, you may be entitled to seek restitution in court or through an insurance settlement. You should talk with our attorneys to avoid excessive compensation.
During this free consultation, one of our attorneys will examine your case, plan the following steps, and discuss anything that may influence the settlement offer.
Our reliable Los Angeles County pedestrian accident lawyers at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., have received recognition and awards for his work for accident victims, including $400 million in settlements.
If you want a free consultation with our legal team, call us today at (888) 488-1391 or complete our “Do I Have a Case?” form online.
What to Do Following a Pedestrian Accident
Death or injuries in a car accident can be terrible, but we are here to help.
The form on this page is easy to use. It will help us prepare for your claim and plan the following steps during your free consultation with our experienced lawyer.
Please refer to this advice for the most effective ways to defend your rights.
- Keep calm and focus.
- Contact the police immediately and ask for an accident report.
- Keep precise records of everything that happened, including your injuries, the weather, the road conditions, and the vehicle that hit you.
- Gather potential witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Keep a notebook to track your injuries and recovery. Describe your symptoms, the therapies you’re undergoing, and the costs.
- Avoid negotiating with an insurance company or accepting a settlement offer before talking to a lawyer.
- Avoid publishing about accidents or how they occurred on social media.
- Contact an experienced California pedestrian accident attorney immediately.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, traffic deaths decreased by 14% between 2007 and 2016, whereas pedestrian deaths increased by 27%.
At least 137,000 pedestrian injuries were handled in hospital emergency departments in 2017. In 2016, 5,977 pedestrians died.
In 2012, California had the highest rate of pedestrian fatalities and injuries. Over 14,000 people have been badly hurt, with 893 people who died.
Pedestrians are more vulnerable than drivers; failure to yield almost always ends in injury.