According to the Brentwood Police Department, the crash occurred at Brentwood Boulevard at Sand Creek Road at around 9:30 p.m.
The pedestrian was reportedly walking southbound in a crosswalk when an unidentified driver in an unknown vehicle struck them. The victim sustained major injuries and was transported to the hospital in stable condition.
The driver of the vehicle continued driving and fled the scene.
The authorities are looking for the driver. Further information regarding the crash was not immediately available.
Reputable Hit-and-Run Accident Attorneys in Brentwood, CA
Victims of hit-and-run accidents in California may file a lawsuit or an insurance claim to seek compensation. If you were injured or a loved one died due to someone else’s negligence, please do not hesitate to contact our renowned California hit-and-run accident attorneys.
In a free consultation, one of our experienced Brentwood hit-and-run accident attorneys will review your case, outline the following steps, and discuss the factors affecting the final settlement amount.
Our attorneys at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, have helped accident victims recover more than $500 million in compensation. If you have any questions, please let us know. Call (888) 488-1391 to schedule your free consultation or complete our “Do I Have a Case?” form.
What Should You Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
If the at-fault driver fails to stop following the collision, they may be liable for your losses. You can strengthen your compensation claim by assisting law enforcement in locating and apprehending the driver of a hit-and-run accident. Follow these steps:
- After an accident, gathering as much information as possible is critical. Take note of the vehicle’s color, license plate, make, and model.
- Accidents must be reported to the authorities as soon as possible. It is critical to obtain a copy of the accident report from the local police department or the California DMV as soon as possible. It can be used to back up your claim.
- Obtain the names and contact details of any potential witnesses.
- Inform your insurers of the collision as soon as possible. Do not accept a settlement offer before consulting with a hit-and-run accident lawyer.
- Call (888) 488-1391 to speak with one of our knowledgeable hit-and-run accident attorneys about the collision.
Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics
It is illegal in the United States to leave the scene of an accident without assisting the victim or calling the authorities. Both leaving the scene of an accident and causing one are crimes.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 737,100 hit-and-run accidents in the United States in 2015.
A hit-and-run occurs every 43 seconds in the United States. In 2016, a total of 2,049 people were killed in hit-and-run accidents.
Between 2010 and 2019, 2,948 hit-and-run crashes in California killed 3,056 people. California has one of the highest rates of this type of accident compared to other states.