[05-30-2023] Fresno County, CA – Two Elderly Killed, Three Others Injured After Car Collision near Huron

[05-30-2023] Two Elderly Killed, Three Others Injured After Car Collision near HuronA man and woman, both 67, died, and three other people were injured in a two-vehicle crash near Huron, Fresno County, on Tuesday afternoon, May 30, 2023.

The California Highway Patrol said the incident occurred east on Laurel Avenue, Avenal Cutoff Road.

According to the report, the accident occurred when Pedro R., 50, driving a Dodge Ram, attempted to turn and collided with a Honda driven by Jesus A, 28.

Despite Arrellano’s attempt to avoid the collision, the two vehicles crashed. The Honda passengers, both elderlies, lost their lives at the scene.

The 62-year-old woman, also a passenger in the Honda, suffered severe injuries and was taken to a nearby medical center. At the same time, a 77-year-old male passenger in the Honda was transported to Kaweah Delta Medical Center with unspecified injuries.

Rosas, the driver of the Dodge pickup, was also transported to Adventist Medical Center in Hanford with injuries that have not been specified.

The investigation is ongoing.

arash law - free police report - desktop 2

Car Accident Lawyers in Huron, Fresno County

Suppose a person is seriously injured or killed due to a driver’s careless actions. In that case, the victim’s family can file a legal lawsuit against the responsible driver. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer can be beneficial if you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence.

Our knowledgeable legal professionals are prepared to offer a complimentary consultation to evaluate your unique situation, clarify the legal processes involved, and consider various factors that could affect the potential compensation you may be eligible for.

You can rely on our most trusted Fresno County car accident lawyers at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 million for California clients.

If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.

What to Do After a Car Accident

In a car accident resulting in losing a loved one, the victim’s family must be prepared and take necessary precautions. While car accidents can happen unexpectedly, individuals can proactively protect their legal rights by following a prepared checklist stored in the glove compartment of their vehicle. The following steps should be taken in the aftermath of a car accident:

  • Stay calm and prioritize safety above all else.
  • Move to a secure location and wait for the arrival of law enforcement authorities.
  • Dial 911 to report the collision and exchange contact and insurance information with all parties involved.
  • Refrain from admitting fault, even when speaking to the police or other individuals involved.
  • Seek immediate medical attention for injuries sustained and promptly inform your insurance company about the accident.
  • While engaging with insurance adjusters, it is advisable to consult a lawyer before accepting any settlement offers or providing recorded statements.
  • Create a comprehensive file and gather all relevant paperwork related to the incident, such as accident reports, medical records, and insurance documents.
  • Without delay, seek professional legal counsel from a reputable car accident lawyer in California who can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights during this challenging time.


Fatal Car Accident Statistics

Car crashes have become a major cause of unintentional injuries and deaths nationwide. According to the National Safety Council, there has been a troubling 8.3% rise in traffic-related fatalities in 2020, reaching 46,980 deaths.

Specifically, car accidents claimed the lives of 42,338 individuals, surpassing the 39,107 deaths recorded in 2019. In California alone, there were 3,847 fatalities from traffic incidents in 2020. Out of these incidents, single-car accidents accounted for 59% of the total, while multi-vehicle collisions made up the remaining 41%.

Among these accidents, side collisions proved to be the most fatal and caused the highest number of injuries, with approximately 8,000 side collision incidents reported in 2020.

Related News
Request a Free Police Report
Check More From Our Award-Winning Law Firm
Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who struck and killed a pedestrian in the Hyde Park neighborhood, Los Angeles, on Sunday night, December 25, 2022. The fatal collision reportedly transpired around 9:00 p.m. near Crenshaw Boulevard and West Florence Avenue intersection.
Suggest a Correction