According to the California Highway Patrol, the fatal collision happened around 7:00 p.m. between Herndon Avenue and Locan Avenue.
A bicyclist whose identity remains undisclosed was struck by a drunk 36-year-old truck driver who left the scene without rendering aid to the victim.
The victim later died while the driver was located at his home, where the authorities arrested him and later booked him into the Fresno County Jail for DUI, hit-and-run, and vehicular manslaughter.
Renowned Hit-and-Run Accident Attorneys in Clovis, Fresno County
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries or was killed due to someone else’s negligence, you should immediately speak with a California hit-and-run attorney. Our knowledgeable attorneys will evaluate your case, outline the following steps, and look into any variables that might affect the settlement offer during our free initial consultation.
You can rely on our renowned Fresno County hit-and-run accident attorneys at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 million for California clients.
If you want to speak with one of our attorneys, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident
Although the other driver fled the scene, collecting damages from them may still be possible. Here are the steps to follow after a hit-and-run accident:
- Gather accident scene data: Collect as much information as possible from the accident scene, including the license plate number, make, model, and color of the vehicle involved.
- Report to the police: Immediately report the details to the police and obtain a copy of the accident report from the police station or the California DMV.
- Obtain witness information: Gather potential witnesses’ contact information (names and numbers) and gather this information quickly.
- Notify the victim’s insurance company: Notify the private insurance company promptly about the hit-and-run accident.
- Please consult with an attorney: Before accepting settlement offers from other insurance providers, consult a hit-and-run accident attorney.
Fatal Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics
Causing an accident while refusing to assist the victims is illegal in the United States. Leaving an accident scene in this way is against the law.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 737,100 reported hit-and-run accidents in the United States in 2015. This data indicates that a hit-and-run occurs approximately every 43 seconds. Shockingly, hit-and-run accidents reached a record high in 2016, claiming the lives of 2,049 individuals.
In the state of California, between 2010 and 2019, there were 2,948 hit-and-run accidents, resulting in 3,056 fatalities. California experiences many hit-and-run accidents, surpassing many other states in this regard.