[06-01-2023] Santa Barbara County, CA – Three Injured, Two Severely After Multiple-Car Collision on Mahoney Road in Santa Maria

[06-01-2023] Three Injured, Two Severely After Multiple-Car Collision on Mahoney Road in Santa MariaThree people were injured in a multiple-vehicle collision in Santa Maria on Thursday afternoon, June 1, 2023.

The Santa Barbara County Fire Department officials said the incident occurred around 1 p.m. in the 2600 block of Mahoney Road, west of Santa Maria.

According to the report, the three-car collision resulted in two individuals sustaining major injuries and one with minor injuries.

Among the injured were two women in the first vehicle; one was airlifted to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital due to major injuries, while the second woman was taken by ambulance to Marian Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.

The male driver of the second vehicle also suffered major injuries and was transported by ambulance to Marian.

Despite her vehicle going over the side of the roadway by 10 feet, the female driver of the third vehicle remained uninjured and was taken to Marian for evaluation.

The investigation is ongoing.

arash law - free police report - desktop 2

Car Accident Lawyers in Santa Maria, Santa Barbara County

Suppose a victim suffers serious injuries or a fatality due to a driver’s negligent actions. In that case, the victim’s family can pursue a legal lawsuit against the responsible driver. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, seeking guidance from a personal injury attorney can be beneficial.

Our team of skilled legal professionals is prepared to offer a complimentary consultation to evaluate your unique situation, clarify the legal processes involved, and consider various factors that could affect the potential compensation you may be eligible for.

You can rely on our most trusted Santa Maria car accident lawyers at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 million for California clients.

If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.

What to Do After a Car Accident

In a car accident resulting in losing a loved one, the victim’s family must be prepared and take necessary precautions. While car accidents can happen unexpectedly, individuals can proactively protect their legal rights by following a prepared checklist stored in the glove compartment of their vehicle. The following steps should be taken in the aftermath of a car accident:

  1. Stay calm and prioritize safety above all else.
  2. Move to a secure location and wait for the arrival of law enforcement authorities.
  3. Dial 911 to report the collision and exchange contact and insurance information with all parties involved.
  4. Refrain from admitting fault, even when speaking to the police or other individuals involved.
  5. Seek immediate medical attention for injuries sustained and promptly inform your insurance company about the accident.
  6. While engaging with insurance adjusters, it is advisable to consult a lawyer before accepting any settlement offers or providing recorded statements.
  7. Create a comprehensive file and gather all relevant paperwork related to the incident, such as accident reports, medical records, and insurance documents.
  8. Without delay, seek professional legal counsel from a reputable car accident lawyer in California who can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights during this challenging time.


Car Accident Statistics

Vehicle collisions have emerged as a significant contributor to unintentional injuries and fatalities across the country. According to the National Safety Council, there has been an 8.3% increase in traffic-related deaths in 2020, resulting in 46,980 fatalities.

Specifically, car accidents claimed the lives of 42,338 individuals, surpassing the previous year’s recorded deaths of 39,107. In California alone, there were 3,847 fatalities from traffic incidents in 2020.

Among these incidents, single-car accidents accounted for 59% of the total, while multi-vehicle collisions comprised the remaining 41%. Side collisions within these accidents proved to be the most fatal, causing the highest number of injuries, with approximately 8,000 incidents reported in 2020.

Related News
Request a Free Police Report
Check More From Our Award-Winning Law Firm
Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who struck and killed a pedestrian in the Hyde Park neighborhood, Los Angeles, on Sunday night, December 25, 2022. The fatal collision reportedly transpired around 9:00 p.m. near Crenshaw Boulevard and West Florence Avenue intersection.
Suggest a Correction