[06-07-2023] Tuolumne County, CA – One Person Severely Injured After Two-Vehicle Collision in Sonora

[06-07-2023] One Person Severely Injured After Two-Vehicle Collision in SonoraOne person was severely injured after a two-vehicle collision on South Washington Street in Sonora on Wednesday afternoon, June 7, 2023.

The California Highway Patrol said the incident occurred at 4:05 p.m. at Lime Kiln Road and South Washington Street.

According to the report, the accident resulted in a head-on collision between a Chevy Silverado and a GMC Canyon, causing the wreckage to obstruct the highway partially.

As a result, firefighters had to rescue someone trapped in one of the trucks, and an ambulance was called because the person suffered serious injuries.

According to the CHP, the debris has been removed from the road, and as of 6:05 p.m., traffic is flowing smoothly on Highway 108.

The investigation into the collision is still underway, and authorities are determining the cause of the accident.

arash law - free police report - desktop 2

Car Accident Lawyers in Sonora, Tuolumne County

Suppose a person sustains severe injuries or dies due to a driver’s careless behavior. The victim’s family can initiate a legal lawsuit against the accountable driver in that case. If you or someone you are acquainted with has been involved in a car accident caused by another individual’s negligence, seeking advice from a personal injury lawyer can be advantageous.

Our team of experienced legal experts is ready to provide a free consultation to assess your specific circumstances, explain the legal procedures involved, and consider various factors that could impact the potential compensation you may be entitled to.

You can rely on our most trusted Tuolumne County car accident lawyers at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 million for California clients.

If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.

What to Do After a Car Accident

Experiencing a car accident resulting in losing a loved one can be incredibly difficult. The victim’s family must be prepared and take necessary precautions to protect their legal rights. This guide will outline the key steps following a car accident, guiding you in such challenging situations.

  1. Stay calm and prioritize safety above all else.
  2. Move to a secure location and wait for the arrival of law enforcement authorities.
  3. Dial 911 to report the collision and exchange contact and insurance information with all parties involved.
  4. Refrain from admitting fault, even when speaking to the police or other individuals involved.
  5. Seek immediate medical attention for injuries sustained and promptly inform your insurance company about the accident.
  6. While engaging with insurance adjusters, it is advisable to consult a lawyer before accepting any settlement offers or providing recorded statements.
  7. Create a comprehensive file and gather all relevant paperwork related to the incident, such as accident reports, medical records, and insurance documents.
  8. Without delay, seek professional legal counsel from a reputable car accident lawyer in California who can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights during this challenging time.

I HAD AN ACCIDENT

Car Accident Statistics

Vehicle collisions have become a significant cause of unintentional injuries and deaths nationwide. According to the National Safety Council, there was an 8.3% rise in traffic-related fatalities in 2020, resulting in 46,980 deaths.

Specifically, car accidents claimed the lives of 42,338 individuals, surpassing the previous year’s recorded deaths of 39,107. In California alone, there were 3,847 fatalities from traffic incidents in 2020.

Among these incidents, single-car accidents accounted for 59% of the total, while multi-vehicle collisions made up the remaining 41%. Side collisions within these accidents proved to be the most fatal, causing the highest number of injuries, with approximately 8,000 incidents reported in 2020.

Related News
Request a Free Police Report
Check More From Our Award-Winning Law Firm
Suggest a Correction

REQUEST A POLICE REPORT