At least one person was injured after a three-vehicle crash on Pomona 60 Freeway in Jurupa Valley Tuesday evening, September 5, 2023.
Initial investigations revealed that the crash involved a big rig, a pickup with a horse trailer, and a Hyundai Genesis. The three vehicles then came in contact along the two lanes close to the right-side shoulder of the freeway and left the pickup going over the guard rail.
The severity of the injuries sustained by the Hyundai driver was not specified. Still, it was reported that the driver crawled out of the car and was immediately rushed to the hospital. It was not indicated whether the big rig and pickup occupants were injured.
Two lanes were closed, and two were left open following the crash. The cause of the accident and factors involving it are still under investigation.
Our Top Car Accident Lawyers in Jurupa Valley, Riverside County
It is beneficial and ideal to seek legal counsel from a personal injury attorney if you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident due to another person’s negligence.
Our experienced car accident attorneys provide free initial consultations where we assess the specific circumstances of your case, explain the legal procedures involved, and consider essential factors that could impact the potential compensation you may be eligible to receive.
You can rely on our most trusted Riverside County car accident lawyers at Arash Law, under Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to help you with the insurance claim or effectively represent you in court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 Million for California clients.
If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.
7 Steps to Take Following Car Accident
A driver’s recklessness can cause severe damage and affect the lives of others. If you or someone you know has been invovled in a major vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence, the following steps may help you.
- Contact emergency respondents and authorities and inform them about the collision. Authorities will create an official report based on accident-related data.
- Inspect yourself for injuries and prioritize yourself.
- Obtain necessary information from the other involved motorist’s name, phone number, and insurance information. Photograph license plates, automobiles, and other potential evidence.
- Complete reports following the instructions given by California insurance firms. There are deadlines for these reports, so file them as soon as possible.
- Provide the necessary information to your claims adjustor. Consult an attorney before recording comments or accepting compensation offers from insurance companies.
- Keep all necessary documents, such as the police report, medical bills, driver’s ID of those involved, and injury treatment plans.
- Discuss your vehicle accident with one of our reliable California car accident lawyers. Please contact us at (888) 488-1391 immediately.
Car Accident Fatality Statistics
Unintentional injuries and fatalities caused by vehicles have slightly decreased nationwide since 2021. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, despite a decrease of 0.3% in accidents from 2021, the numbers are still around the 40,000s, with 42,795 total fatalities by 2022. Compared to the number of fatalities in 2020 of 46,980, the numbers have been on a relatively positive and steady decrease.
According to the National Safety Council, in 2020, automobile accidents were the cause of 42,338 fatalities, exceeding the 39,107 recorded the year before. 3,847 fatalities in California alone were attributable to traffic-related events.
Single-car crashes accounted for 59% of these incidences, while multi-vehicle collisions comprised 41%. Side impacts were the most fatal of these crashes, which also caused many injuries. There were approximately 8,000 side crash reports made in 2020.