According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident occurred on Skyway near Lambert Lane, north of Magalia, just after midnight.
CHP officials reported that the collision between a sedan and a motorcycle resulted in the death of one person; it is unclear whether the victim was a vehicle occupant or a motorcycle rider.
No further information was released regarding the accident or the identities of the people involved. An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the crash.
Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in DeSabla, Butte County, CA
For riders and their families, motorcycle accidents are traumatic experiences that can change a person’s lives and those around them. These types of accidents usually result in serious injuries, which increases the recovery cost.
Motorcycle accident victims and their families may be entitled to compensation for their injuries or deaths. Our seasoned legal team will thoroughly evaluate your case before taking legal action.
You can rely on our dedicated Butte County motorcycle accident lawyers at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to help you with the insurance claim or effectively represent you in court proceedings.
Our firm has recovered over $500 Million for California clients and is widely acknowledged for its expertise and success as one of California’s leading personal injury law firms.
If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcyclist accidents are traumatic and can change a person’s life forever. You should seek legal counsel if you are injured as a motorcyclist or have lost a loved one due to an accident. The following steps will help you protect your interests:
- Keep calm and do not admit fault.
- Check your body for injuries. Examine the condition of the other individuals involved.
- Wait on the side of the road or in a safe place until the authorities arrive.
- Do not try to resolve the conflict with the other driver. Inform the police of the collision and request a copy of the official report.
- Gather information such as the other driver’s name and insurance provider.
- Take pictures of everything you think is essential, including the scene, the road, your injuries, the other car, and your motorcycle.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Keep a file with all accident-related paperwork and information.
- Discuss your accident with an experienced California motorcycle accident lawyer.
Fatal Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle crashes accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities and 17% of all occupant deaths in 2021. Motorcycle accidents also caused 3% of occupant injuries.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were over 5,500 reported motorcycle fatalities in the United States in 2020 alone. Furthermore, more than 180,000 motorcycle accidents resulted in injuries requiring emergency department treatment.
There was an 8% increase in motorcycle fatalities between 2020 and 2021. Over the past decade, motorcycle-related deaths have risen by 19%, and the death rate has increased by 29%. The death rate is 5,932, translating to 30.05 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles.