According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash involving at least four vehicles happened along the northbound lane of Highway 41.
Authorities stated that It is currently unknown how many individuals were involved in the collision, but some reportedly sustained minor injuries.
Further details on the crash have yet to be released by the authorities. Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the authorities immediately.
The investigation into the collision continues.
Trustworthy Car Accident Lawyers in Fresno
If another driver’s carelessness harmed you or a loved one, you may be able to sue for damages. Speak with a personal injury lawyer if you suffered injuries in a car accident in Fresno because of a negligent driver.
During our free consultation, one of our experienced lawyers will review your case, discuss the next steps, and examine all the variables that could affect the settlement amount.
You can count on our trustworthy Fresno car accident lawyers, headed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., at Arash Law. Our legal team has well-established careers and accolades in advocating for accident victims. The clients we have worked with have been awarded compensation totaling $500 Million.
Set up a free consultation with one of our lawyers by calling (888) 488-1391 or completing our “Do I Have a Case?” form.
Five Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
A car accident could happen anywhere and at any time. This is why it is advised to be prepared for the unexpected. If you sustained injuries or your loved one was killed in a crash, you must understand how important it is to protect your rights and theirs. Here are the steps that you must follow:
- Remain calm and check yourself for injuries before checking on others. After that, look for a secure location near the scene of the accident.
- Contact 911 and other authorities to inform them about the collision. They will create an official report, which will be helpful for your claim.
- Obtain the contact details of everyone involved in the collision, including the witnesses. Make sure to include their names, phone numbers, and insurance information, and do not forget to photograph the license plates, vehicles, and other potential evidence.
- Contact your insurer and make a report. There are statutes of limitations that will affect your claim if it’s not made as soon as possible.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. They will make sure to process your claim smoothly and quickly.
Multi-Vehicle Accident Statistics
In the US, car crashes cause the most accidental deaths and injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there is still a high number of accidents despite a decrease of 0.3% in 2021. There is an estimated total of 42,795 fatalities in 2022 alone.
In 2020, 3,847 people reportedly died in car accidents in California. There were 1,587 fatalities from collisions involving multiple vehicles or 41% of all crashes. On the other hand, single-vehicle accidents caused the most fatalities (59%) in traffic accidents.
In Fresno, 1,113 victims were injured or killed in a crash. With a population of 542,720 people, it is advisable to exercise caution when driving around the city.