According to the Colton Police Department, the fatal collision occurred around 2:49 a.m. in the 1600 block of East Washington Street.
Authorities stated that the victim was identified as Lauri H., a resident of Riverside, who was declared dead at the scene.
Information about the driver involved remains unavailable, and further details about the fatal collision have yet to be released.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Colton, San Bernardino County
Pedestrians have the same right to safety as drivers and motorcyclists in San Bernardino County. If a driver’s negligence caused the death of your loved one as a pedestrian, they could be eligible for financial compensation.
You can file a claim on their behalf with the help of our notable San Bernardino County pedestrian accident attorneys at Arash Law, supervised by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., who will assist you in obtaining the maximum compensation for your deceased loved one. Our clients have been awarded compensation totaling $500 Million.
Contact us at (888) 488-1391 or fill up our “Do I Have a Case?” form to set up a free consultation with one of our lawyers.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The news of your loved one’s accident may have left you devastated. However, you can still obtain justice by protecting their rights for proper compensation. The following tips may help you avoid reducing their personal injury claim value:
- Contact the police after the accident: You need the official report of the fatal collision involving your loved one to support your claim.
- Obtain all the vital information: You need to gather the eyewitnesses’ names and contact information and the information of the other parties involved.
- Submit a claim to the insurance company: You need only to state the facts about the accident and avoid exaggerating any details when speaking with insurers.
- Stay off social media: You must avoid posting anything related to the fatal collision because insurers can use your statements and activities online to minimize the compensation for your claim.
- Retain legal assistance: You should consult a good pedestrian accident lawyer before accepting a settlement offer from an insurance adjuster.
Fatal Pedestrian Accident Statistics
According to the data provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 7,388 pedestrians were killed in 2021. These numbers comprised about 17 percent of the total crash deaths in the US.
Most pedestrian fatalities happen on major roads, with 4,464 recorded deaths. Based on the data provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety, 15 victims were either killed or injured in pedestrian-related crashes in Colton.
Most pedestrian accidents happen when drivers fail to yield to pedestrians or stop suddenly. If you take your loved one’s case to court, you should speak with a lawyer who focuses on these situations.