According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident occurred on Mariposa Road, just south of Joshua Street, around 8:30 p.m.
Based on the CHP incident reports, a husband and wife were riding separate motorcycles when the vehicle struck the woman, knocking her to the ground. The incident caused both directions of traffic to back up on Mariposa Road.
The female victim suffered from road rash and could not get up. As a result of the injuries to her left arm and face, she was transported via ambulance to Desert Valley Hospital for treatment.
No information was released regarding the vehicle’s driver. An investigation is underway to determine what caused the accident.
Respected Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Hesperia, CA
Motorcycle accidents cause emotional and financial distress for riders and their families. Serious injuries and high recovery costs are usually associated with these types of accidents.
Motorcycle accident victims and their families are entitled to compensation for their injuries or deaths. Our seasoned legal team will thoroughly examine your case before pursuing legal action.
You can rely on our dedicated Hesperia motorcycle accident lawyers at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to help you with the insurance claim or effectively represent you in court proceedings.
Our firm has recovered over $500 Million for California clients and is widely acknowledged for its experience and success as one of California’s leading personal injury law firms.
If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.
What to Do After A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents are traumatic and can permanently alter a person’s life in a negative way. You should seek legal counsel if you are injured as a motorcyclist or have lost a loved one due to an accident. The following steps will help you protect your interests:
- Keep calm and do not admit fault.
- Check your body for injuries. Examine the condition of the other individuals involved.
- Wait on the side of the road or in a safe place until the authorities arrive.
- Do not try to resolve the conflict with the other driver. Inform the police of the collision and request a copy of the official report.
- Gather information such as the other driver’s name and insurance provider.
- Take pictures of everything you think is essential, including the scene, the road, your injuries, the other car, and your motorcycle.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Keep a file with all accident-related paperwork and information.
- Discuss your accident with an experienced California motorcycle accident lawyer.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle crashes accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities and 17% of all occupant deaths in 2021. Motorcycle accidents also caused 3% of occupant injuries.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were over 5,500 reported motorcycle fatalities in the United States in 2020 alone. Furthermore, more than 180,000 motorcycle accidents resulted in injuries requiring emergency department treatment.
Between 2020 and 2021, motorcyclist fatalities increased by 8%. Over the past decade, motorcycle-related deaths have risen by 19%, and the death rate has increased by 29%. The death rate is 5,932, translating into 30.05 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles.