According to the authorities, the collision occurred at around 9:20 p.m. on Bear Valley Road at the northbound Interstate 15 offramp.
The pedestrian was struck by an unidentified vehicle, leaving the victim with unknown injuries. The victim was transported to Loma Linda University Medical Center, but the victim’s current condition was not reported.
At this time, there is no information about the cause of the crash or the factors that contributed to it.
Reputable Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Victorville, San Bernardino County
It is beneficial and ideal to seek legal counsel from a personal injury attorney if you or someone you know has been involved in an accident due to another person’s negligence.
Our experienced pedestrian accident lawyers provide free initial consultations where we assess the specific circumstances of your case, explain the legal procedures involved, and consider essential factors that could impact the potential compensation you may receive.
Seek legal advice from our award-winning Victorville pedestrian accident lawyers at Arash Law, under Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to help you with the insurance claim or effectively represent you in court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 Million for clients and is widely acknowledged for its success and reputation as one of California’s leading personal injury law firms.
9 Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident
It is tough to think clearly after being hit by a vehicle, let alone if you are injured. But what you say and do at the crash scene can significantly affect the outcome of a subsequent claim you file against the party at fault. The following tips may help you avoid doing something that could reduce the value of your personal injury claim:
- Call the police as soon as the accident occurs and ensure an officer creates an accident report.
- Take photos of your injuries, the accident scene, property damage, the weather conditions, the road conditions, and the vehicle that hit you.
- Take pictures of the at-fault driver’s license, insurance card, and license plate.
- Get all eyewitnesses’ names, contact information, or anyone who may have seen anything.
- See a doctor or other healthcare professional immediately, and tell them about every affected part of your body.
- Keep a journal about your injuries and the recovery process, detailing how you feel, the treatment you receive, and what costs you pay.
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster or accept a settlement offer until you talk to an experienced lawyer.
- Stay off social media and avoid posting about being in an accident or the circumstances of your accident.
- Discuss your accident with one of our reliable California pedestrian accident lawyers. Please contact us at (888) 488-1391.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
According to a study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, hit-and-run accidents caused 24% of pedestrian fatalities in 2020. Deaths from pedestrians increased by 46.2% between 2011 and 2020, while deaths from other traffic increased by 14.4%.
There has been an increase of 3.9% in pedestrian deaths between 2019 and 2020 despite the number of vehicles on the road decreased by 13.2% in the same period.
A total of 7,388 pedestrians and 961 bicyclists were killed, and approximately 60,000 pedestrians and 41,000 bicyclists were injured in motor vehicle crashes in 2021. Bicyclists made up 2% of crash deaths, and pedestrians made up about 17%.