According to the authorities, the collision occurred at 9:30 p.m. at the intersection of Blackstone Avenue and Ashlan Avenue.
The pedestrian was reportedly struck by a black car while she was navigating a crosswalk. The driver shortly fled the scene, and the victim was taken to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries, but she was expected to recover.
Neither the type nor model of the suspected vehicle is known. Authorities are investigating the incident, and anyone with information should contact them.
Top Fresno Hit-And-Run Accident Attorneys Specializing in Pedestrian Accident Cases
If you have suffered damages as a result of the negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation. It is best to seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer after being injured in a hit-and-run accident.
Contact one of our hit-and-run accident lawyers or pedestrian accident lawyers for consultation. We will provide you with an overview of your case, a discussion of the settlement, and a guide to filing an insurance claim to prepare you for future legal proceedings.
Obtain quality legal representation from our Fresno hit-and-run accident attorneys at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., who are prepared to help you submit your insurance claim or effectively represent you in court. We have recovered more than $500 Million for California clients and have earned a reputation as one of the best law firms in the state.
Top 5 Things To Do After a Hit-and-Run Crash
If you are involved in a crash with a driver who flees the scene, you can take particular steps to protect your ability to recover a settlement. The steps you choose can help authorities catch the driver, and they can help establish your claim for damages. Those actions consist of:
- Collect as much information as possible while at the scene of the accident. You must get the car’s license plate number and the vehicle’s make, model, and color depending on your condition. If you cannot, you need to at least attempt to snap a few photos of the car using your cell phone.
- Call the police as soon as possible. The quicker you report the accident to authorities, the faster they can act to arrest the driver. Also, when you call the police, you develop a record of the accident. Within a few days, you can order a collision report from the police station that took it or through the California DMV. This record will assist you later when you submit a claim.
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses. You need to remember that individuals who witness an accident may stay to check on your condition, but after the cops and ambulance show up, they may quickly leave. You should get their names and phone numbers as soon as possible. Witnesses could play a crucial role. For example, a witness might verify that another vehicle collided with your car.
- Get immediate medical attention. You need to see a doctor as soon as possible for your well-being and get examined for injuries. Furthermore, if you see a doctor, it produces a record of your injuries. You must stick to your medical professional’s treatment plan as you improve.
- Report the crash to your own insurance company. While you ought to do this as fast as possible, you must stick with the facts. You do not have to admit or designate any fault. You should not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement agreement until you have talked about your case to California hit-and-run accident attorneys or pedestrian accident lawyers.
Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics
The United States has a specific law prohibiting the leaving of the scene of an accident without providing first aid and contacting the authorities immediately after the accident if any injuries have been sustained.
Between 2010 and 2019, 3,056 fatal hit-and-run accidents in California resulted in 2,948 deaths. As a result of the high number of automobile accidents in California, the state is known to have a high death rate.
According to the 2020 OTS ranking of the California Office of Traffic and Safety, Fresno had 121 hit-and-run fatalities and injuries and 117 pedestrian cases. With an average population of 542,720 in the same year, 1,113 were victims of different accidents.