According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the collision occurred at 7:45 p.m. between G Street and George De La Torre Jr. Avenue.
Reports indicate the woman was struck by a vehicle going westbound. The unidentified victim was transported to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
A warrant was issued for the arrest of the driver for driving under the influence. Authorities urge anyone with information regarding the crash to contact them.
Top Los Angeles DUI Accident Attorneys Specializing in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Whenever a negligent driver on the road injures or kills a victim or a family member, the victim may be entitled to monetary compensation. The assistance of a personal injury attorney can prove invaluable when investigating car accidents involving unintentional injuries.
Contact one of our DUI accident lawyers or pedestrian accident lawyers for a consultation. Your free appointment with our team of attorneys will provide you with a summary of your case, a possible settlement, and an explanation of the insurance claims procedure.
Seek legal assistance from our Los Angeles DUI accident attorneys at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., who have the recognition and experience to represent victims. Throughout California, we have recovered over $500 Million in compensation for our clients, demonstrating our commitment to justice and financial compensation for our clients.
Contact us or complete the “Do I Have a Case?” form on our website to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers.
Top 5 Ways to Protect Yourself After Being a Victim of a DUI
No one can predict a car accident, but you can prepare for one. A DUI accident checklist in your glove box can help you stay calm and organized after a car crash. It can tell you what to do and what not to do, and how best to protect your rights.
When in doubt, give us a call. Keep our phone number, (888) 488-1391, in your phone or written down if the worst occurs. You aren’t alone after a serious collision.
Whether you are the injured victim or the family of a killed loved one, here’s what to do after a DUI accident:
- Never Admit or Accept the Blame. Insurance companies often try to shift some blame onto the injured victim after DUI accidents. By doing so, they reduce their liability. This means money comes directly from them. If you have been in a DUI accident, never admit fault. Drunk drivers should be held responsible for their actions. Direct conversations with insurance adjusters about faults are not recommended.
- Do Not Make a Statement. After an accident, you don’t have to give the insurance company a recorded statement. An insurance adjuster will call many times, asking for your statement. This is because they seek information against you in the claims process. Ensure that you communicate with the insurance company through your lawyer so that your words are not misinterpreted or twisted.
- Avoid Early Settlement Negotiations. Insurance companies have a hard time avoiding liability in DUI accidents. That’s why they changed their strategy. It is common for insurers to limit the amount of a settlement for an injured victim in cases in which liability is clearly evident. The most common tactic used to compensate victims of DUI accidents is to offer a quick, lowball settlement to the victims. Do not settle your claim for less than what you are entitled to. If you are involved in a DUI accident, ensure your attorney handles the settlement negotiations.
- Do Not Sign Any Documents. A lawyer should be consulted before signing any documents from an insurance company. Insurance companies often require injured victims to sign a release of their medical records. Do not believe them when they claim a particular document is standard procedure. They are simply seeking information to reduce your compensation. You may not be required to give them full access to your records. By hiring a lawyer, you can ensure that your rights are protected.
- Consult a DUI Accident Lawyer. There is no reason why you should compete with a large insurance company on your own. DUI accident injury claims involve a great deal of risk. Insurers will spend considerable resources to reduce your settlement. A California DUI accident lawyer or pedestrian accident lawyer can best protect your rights and interests by dealing with the insurance company exclusively.
Fatal DUI Accident Statistics
Driving under the influence of prescription drugs, alcohol, illicit drugs, or marijuana can have serious financial and legal consequences. In California, first-time offenders are estimated to pay almost $13,500 for an infraction.
Based on data collected by the California Department of Motor Vehicles in 2021, there were 455 DUI arrests per 100,000 drivers in 2019. There were 124,121 arrests reported during that year alone. Approximately 27,333 accidents are caused by alcohol, while drugs cause 2,998.
According to the 2020 OTS ranking of the California Office of Traffic and Safety, Los Angeles had 2,282 alcohol-involved fatalities and injuries, 2,616 pedestrian accident cases, and 4,180 DUI arrests. With an average population of 3,853,323 in the same year, 26,132 were victims of different accidents.