A driver was killed, and several people were hospitalized after a pursuit led to a reckless collision in Buena Park late Monday evening, November 20, 2023.
According to the Buena Park Police Department, the fatal collision happened around 11:45 p.m. near WildWater Express Carwash between La Palma Avenue and Knott Avenue.
A stolen black Mercedes Benz was found in the 7800 block of Beach Boulevard, and police pursued the vehicle until it collided with a white Mercedes Benz.
The 24-year-old male driver of the black sedan was declared dead at the scene, while his passenger was hospitalized for moderate injuries.
The white sedan had two adults and two to three children who were all hospitalized for unknown injuries, together with a bicyclist who sustained minor injuries after being struck.
The condition of all hospitalized victims remains unknown, while the authorities are currently conducting an investigation into the fatal collision.
Award-winning Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers in Buena Park, Orange County
If you or a loved one was harmed or wrongfully killed as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Fight for your rights and seek justice with the help of an accident attorney in Buena Park.
During our free consultation, one of our experienced attorneys will review your case, discuss the next steps, and examine all the variables that could affect the settlement amount.
Obtain the legal advice of our award-winning Buena Park reckless driving accident lawyers at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., who have years of experience advocating for accident victims, resulting in a total of $500 Million in compensation.
What Should You Do in Case of a Car Accident?
Since car accidents are unexpected, it can be confusing to know exactly what to do after being involved in one. First, you should check on all passengers, drivers, and pedestrians involved. If they need medical help, call for an ambulance immediately. Make sure that you don’t move anyone who is unconscious or reports back or neck pain unless their life is in imminent danger, for example, from a fire or oncoming traffic. You also need to do the following:
- Call the police to report any deaths, injuries, or substantial property damage. Get the names and badge numbers of the officers who are at the scene of the accident. Later, you need to call the police department and request the accident report.
- Take pictures of all parties involved, including their driver’s licenses and insurance cards.
- Take pictures of all vehicles involved, including their license plates, any visible damages, and points of rest of the automobiles.
- Take pictures of street names, traffic lights, and signs.
- Take pictures of all skid marks.
- Take pictures of witnesses and obtain their phone numbers and addresses.
- Preserve evidence by taking pictures of your injuries.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel like your injuries are minor.
- Call our firm’s California reckless driving accident lawyer for a free case review.
You should also get the names, drivers’ license numbers, telephone numbers, and addresses of anyone involved. Get their license plates and insurance information. Be sure to get passengers’ names, addresses, and phone numbers. If there are any eyewitnesses, have them jot down their version of what happened and their contact information.
Fatal Reckless Driving Accident Statistics
Automobile crashes are the leading cause of unintentional deaths and injuries in the US. Every year, car accidents claim the lives of two million people and injure ten million more.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines reckless driving as “willful disregard” for the safety of other road users. The NHTSA also recorded 11,258 fatalities caused by speeding in 2020.
The AAA estimated that between 2003 and 2007, 56% of all traffic accidents were caused by reckless driving.
In Buena Park, 1,509 victims were either injured or killed because of crashes, based on California Office of Traffic Safety data.