According to the San Francisco Police Department, the incident occurred at around 6:15 p.m. next to the El Capitan Theatre on Mission Street, between 19th and 20th Streets.
The authorities said that the motorcyclist was struck by a silver Toyota. The windshield of the Toyota was smashed, and the front of the car had considerable damage.
The rider was transported to a local hospital with significant but non-fatal injuries. The motorist showed no visible injuries.
No further details were available. An investigation is being conducted to determine what caused the crash.
Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in San Francisco, CA
If you or a loved one was injured or wrongfully killed in a motorcycle accident, you and your family may be entitled to compensation. In these circumstances, the settlement sum is chosen with lawyers’ aid in the corresponding state’s civil courts.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers will assess you or your loved one’s situation during your free initial consultation with us. We will help you with the necessary procedures and consider any additional details affecting the settlement offer.
Seek the advice of our reputable San Francisco motorcycle accident attorneys at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 Million for California clients.
8 Steps to Take After A Motorcycle Accident
The recklessness of another driver can cause severe damage and affect the lives of others. If you or someone you know has been involved in a major vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence, the following steps may help you:
- Check yourself for injuries before checking on others. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Pull over to the side of the road or another safe area, if possible, while waiting for authorities.
- Stay calm, and do not admit fault.
- Do not settle your case with the other driver. It is essential to report your accident to the police so that there will be an official record.
- Collect as much relevant information as possible, such as the other driver’s name and insurer.
- Take photos of any relevant evidence that can help build your case
- Organize all accident-related documents and information in a folder.
- Discuss your vehicle accident with one of our reliable California motorcycle accident lawyers. Please contact us at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Safety Council, motorcycles account for less than 3% of all vehicles registered in the U.S. and less than 0.6% of miles traveled. In 2021, they were responsible for 14% of all traffic fatalities, 17% of occupant fatality rates, and 3% of all occupant injuries.
In 2021, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported an average of 8% more motorcycle-related deaths from 2020 to 2021, despite its 2% decline in the rate per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
Over the past decade, motorcycle-related deaths have increased by 19%, while vehicle death rates have increased by 29%.