Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- What Is Personal Injury?
- What Types of Accidents Occur
- What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- How Are Personal Injury Cases Settled in The LBC?
- Hazardous Road Conditions and Traffic
- The Largest Employers Located
- Motorcycle Accidents
- How Our Firm Can Help You With Your Personal Injury Case
- What Is the Statute of Limitations Period for Personal Injury Cases?
An accident can occur without notice, and in mere seconds an injury victim’s entire future can be altered. The future is uncertain, and no one can predict the outcome of human affairs. Risks are present no matter how we prepare and attempt to avoid injurious accidents. Contacting a personal injury lawyer in Long Beach can help you find answers to the following questions:
- Must I sign certain documents?
- What if I don’t accept an offer made by the insurance company?
- Can I file a lawsuit?
- How can I receive financial compensation for lost wages and medical bills?
Our client was driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines, causing a head-on collision that claimed the life of a loving wife and mother.– Arash Khorsandi
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury law is related to the general subject of negligence. Tort law is the broader legal category encompassing negligence. A personal injury case can arise through different circumstances:
- Strict liability – This term refers to the liability imposed on a defendant no matter the degree of reasonable care exercised by the defendant. Examples of strict liability include products liability, animal attacks, and accidents caused by unreasonably hazardous conditions.
- Negligence – A party can act negligently (or fail to exercise reasonable care), which can lead to serious bodily injury.
- Intentional torts – These torts occur when a party intends to harm someone and causes serious bodily injury.
The topics above provide a general outline for understanding the different types of personal injury cases. A personal injury case may arise whether a party intended to harm another person or not. Injured victims can pursue financial compensation for their injuries. Dog bites, car accidents, and slip-and-fall accidents may all concern a negligent party who breached their duty to exercise reasonable care.
Injured victims who suffer workplace injuries also may bring a personal injury action against the person or entity that was negligent. Employees often commit negligent acts that lead to their employers being liable for the injuries suffered by the victim. Construction sites, department stores, and restaurants are common places where accidents leading to serious bodily injury occur.
Also, an injured victim may suffer personal injuries due to acts of God, such as earthquakes and hurricanes. Products liability is also a major topic within the subject of negligence. Products may contain manufacturing defects or design defects that cause a user to suffer serious bodily injury.
What Types of Accidents Occur in Long Beach?
Long Beach is an urban area that is home to the Port of Long Beach. The following accident types are common in Long Beach:
What Should I Do After
an Automobile Accident?
The following list is not comprehensive. However, the actions listed below are general guidelines to follow before you file a lawsuit or seek legal representation:
- Seek advice from a personal injury lawyer – A Long Beach personal injury lawyer can set your mind at ease after the stress and horror of a car accident. Speaking with a personal injury lawyer will help you determine how to develop a case strategy and seek monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Document your injuries and damages – Keep records of any medical treatment you receive from your injuries. Also, retain all records of any MRIs or other medical tests you undergo as part of your medical treatment. Do not throw away the documents or receipts you receive from medical professionals and their staff.
- Receive medical treatment – You must seek medical treatment for your injuries regardless of their severity or discernible symptoms. If you do not obtain medical treatment for your injuries, you may suffer more severe symptoms at a later date. Also, by documenting your medical treatment, you have records that can establish proof of your injuries.
- Document the accident scene – Use your mobile phone to take videos and photographs of the accident scene, any property damage, and your injuries. You should also document the other driver’s property damage. If any eyewitnesses saw the accident, obtain their contact information.
- Call law enforcement – You need to make sure the law enforcement officers who respond to the accident scene produce a traffic collision report. This type of report will prove useful for establishing the liability of the negligent driver.
The Long Beach personal injury lawyers at Arash Law led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq. have decades of experience working on personal injury cases. We know how devastating it can be to suffer financial losses caused by personal injuries. The personal injury lawyers at our award-winning law firm have recovered more than $500 million for clients in California. Contact us today at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation. We will work on your case on a contingency basis.
How Are Personal Injury Cases Settled in The LBC?
Personal injury actions are commonly filed throughout the United States. In fact, civil lawsuits are the most numerous kinds of cases in the country. However, the majority of civil cases settle. Both parties reach a settlement agreement before litigation occurs.
If the insurance company representing the liable party offers you a settlement agreement, you need to make sure that you contact a Long Beach personal injury lawyer. Our experienced personal injury lawyer can help you pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
If a settlement offer is not scrutinized by an experienced lawyer, it may seem like a reasonable settlement amount. But most of these settlement offers do not compensate the victim for their injuries. An unfair settlement offer may not include the costs associated with physical therapy, ongoing inpatient treatment, and rehab.
Low settlement offers often exclude non-economic damages such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship. An experienced personal injury lawyer at our trusted law firm can help you determine if a settlement is reasonable or not. You deserve an opportunity to have a skilled personal injury lawyer by your side as you seek financial compensation for your injuries. Do not accept a low settlement amount because you feel that it will be fruitless to pressure the insurance company.
A knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyer can help you negotiate with recalcitrant insurance companies. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases. We understand how to negotiate with the insurance companies to obtain the monetary compensation you deserve. It may be necessary for your case to proceed to trial if the settlement process stalemates.
The personal injury lawyers at Arash Law managed and operated by Arash Khorsandi are prepared to fight for you inside and outside the courtroom. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing clients throughout Southern California. We have recovered over $500 million for clients in California. Contact us in Long Beach today if you have suffered injuries during an accident caused by another party’s negligence.
Do not lose your chance to seek monetary compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation. Contact us any day of the week, day or night. We are available twenty-four hours a day to assist with case evaluation and intake.
Suffering injuries during an automobile accident can be physically, financially, and emotionally devastating. You must face insurance companies, mounting medical bills, and lost wages. While you recover from your injuries, you can allow a Long Beach personal injury lawyer to face these problems for you. You can devote yourself to healing while a personal injury lawyer can seek financial compensation for your injuries.
The Long Beach branch of Arash Law run by the talented team of Arash Khorsandi, Esq. will provide you with the guidance you need to understand the stages of your personal injury case. The following are some of the benefits of retaining legal counsel.
Establishing Liability and Proving Damages
Personal injury claims are all different. No two cases are exactly alike because all cases concern a unique set of facts. When you are a party in a personal injury case, you must prove the injuries you suffered from as well as the pain and suffering you experienced. Thoroughly proving your injuries will help you develop a stronger case.
Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers will examine the following factors when establishing the liability of the other party:
- Property damage – Property damages refer to any vehicle damage caused by the accident, as well as damage to any items of personal property.
- Lost earnings – Severe financial stress can arise after a car accident. You may have to take time off work to recover from your injuries. These lost earnings need to be proven through documents such as pay stubs, W-2 forms, and bank account information.
- Pain and suffering – It is vital that you consider the nature of the pain and suffering you endured during the traffic collision in which you suffered bodily injury. Emotional distress can occur in waves, and some car accident victims suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Depression, insomnia, and anxiety may all occur during the post-accident recovery phase. Our personal injury attorneys will ensure that you seek monetary compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Medical treatment – Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers will obtain copies of your medical records to determine the cost of your past, present, and future medical bills. These records are used to establish the damages amounts associated with your personal injury case.
Confronting Insurance Companies
The Long Beach personal injury attorneys at Arash Law led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq. know how to deal with insurance companies and the tactics they use to delay payment of claims and settlements. After filing an insurance claim, an insurance claim adjuster will attempt to offer you a low settlement amount to compensate you for your injuries. Also, insurance claims adjusters will state that you were responsible for the car accident.
Knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyers do not fall for the tactics used by insurance companies. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers understand how to fight for injured victims who are seeking monetary compensation for their injuries. By retaining a personal injury lawyer, you are demonstrating to the insurance companies that you will not back down.
Recovering Financial Compensation
Largest motorcycle settlement in Tulare County in 2021; client suffered spinal and wrist injuries.– Judd Ross Allen
Hazardous Road Conditions and Traffic
Long Beach is a popular city in Los Angeles County. Home to the Port of Long Beach, this part of Los Angeles County experiences severe traffic congestion along major freeways and busy intersections. Car accidents are common everywhere in Los Angeles County. What follows are some of the most dangerous intersections in Long Beach:
- Martin Luther King Ave. and 7th Street
- East Los Coyotes Diagonal and East Stearns Street
- Pacific Coast Highway and 7th Street
- East 4th Street and Redondo Avenue
- West 27th Street and Daisy Avenue
- 54th Place and East Ocean Boulevard
- Bay Shore Avenue and East Second Street
- East Stearns Street and Palo Verde Avenue
- East 7th Street and Palo Verde Avenue
The Long Beach personal injury lawyers at Arash Law headed by Arash Khorsandi have decades of experience representing Los Angeles residents in personal injury cases. We represent clients and help them pursue financial compensation for their injuries. Millions of people reside in Los Angeles County, and traffic accidents are inevitable. But our Long Beach personal injury lawyers can help you obtain financial compensation for the injuries you suffer during a car accident.
We serve clients in San Francisco, Riverside, Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sherman Oaks, and throughout California. We have collected over $500 million for clients throughout California. Car accidents may begin with bodily injuries and property damage, but that is not where they end. Physical recovery can require months of convalescence. Medical bills add up quickly, and physical rehabilitation can require months of sessions.
Do not attempt to fight the insurance companies on your own. Focus on your recovery and allow our Long Beach personal injury lawyers the chance to pursue financial compensation for your bodily injuries. We have recovered over $500 million for personal injury clients. Our experienced and knowledgeable team of personal injury lawyers will help you understand every aspect of your personal injury case.
The Largest Employers Located in Long Beach
San Pedro and Long Beach both benefit from the vigorous economic activity in this area of Los Angeles County. The employers in Long Beach enable residents to experience the benefits of economic growth. Yet many workers commute to work every morning and return home every evening. Traffic congestion can cause accidents. Those who are injured must take time off from work and lose the wages they would have earned if they had not suffered injuries.
Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers know how to help you maintain composure while you are dealing with wage loss. We can help you pursue financial compensation that will offset the burden caused by a car accident. The following are some of the largest employers in Long Beach:
- Long Beach City College
- California State University in Long Beach
- California State University’s Long Beach Foundation
- Mary Medical Center
- VA Long Beach Healthcare System
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Long Beach Unified School District
- City of Long Beach
- Port of Long Beach
Practice Areas That Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Long Beach Handle
Car accidents in Long Beach can create traffic jams and congested freeway lanes. Do you know who is liable for the injuries you suffered during a car accident? Which individuals or entities will compensate you for the costs of the property damage and medical treatment? Almost every area of your life is altered after suffering a bodily injury during a car accident. You may be facing rising medical bills and lost wages.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers can help you determine which individual or legal entity may be liable for your injuries. We focus on seeking financial compensation on your behalf. We work for you. The most common personal injury practice areas include the following:
- Maritime accidents
- Utility worker injuries
- Power linemen injuries
- Machinery injuries
- Heavy equipment injuries
- Logging injuries
- Gas drilling injuries
- Fracking worker injuries
- Construction worker injuries
- Coal mining injuries
- Wrongful deaths
- Trucking accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Animal attacks
- Biking accidents
- Automobile accidents
Suffering personal injuries during a car accident can affect your life for years. Contact the Long Beach personal injury lawyers at our acclaimed law firm today for a free consultation. We can review the facts of your case and discuss how we might pursue financial compensation for your injuries. Losing a friend or family member in a car accident is emotionally overwhelming.
If their death was caused by another party’s negligence, contact us today to learn more about how an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you with a wrongful death case. It is impossible to measure the value of a single human life with money, but monetary compensation can provide you with financial relief if you are facing numerous medical bills and funeral expenses. An acclaimed Long Beach personal injury lawyer can help you understand the differences between personal injury cases and wrongful death cases.
Long Beach Motorcycle Accidents
Many residents enjoy riding their motorcycles along the freeways and roads in Long Beach. Motorcycle riders can travel the roads of Los Angeles every day of the year due to the warm weather in Southern California. California is the most populous state in the country, and it is also home to many types of traffic collisions.
Also, approximately 700,000 motorcycles are registered in California. The vast number of registered vehicles in California makes it more likely that car accidents and motorcycle accidents will occur.
Many riders involved in motorcycle accidents suffer fractured bones, traumatic brain injuries, and severe road rash. Motorcyclists are also at greater risk of dying after being struck by a car or truck.
The statistics demonstrate that motorcyclists are at risk of serious bodily injury while traveling on the freeways and streets of California. Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers have decades of experience representing clients who were injured while riding motorcycles. Motorcycle accidents are capable of causing temporary and permanent disability.
Our reliable Long Beach personal injury lawyers can help you seek financial compensation for your injuries. We have decades of experience representing clients who were injured in car accidents and motorcycle accidents. Facing financial stress while recovering from serious bodily injury can feel overwhelming. We are here to help you move on with your life by obtaining the monetary compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation.
How Our Firm Can Help You With Your Personal Injury Case in Long Beach
You need to make sure that you retain a personal injury lawyer who will zealously represent your interests. Our experienced and aggressive personal injury lawyers in Long Beach are knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled.
We understand how to stand up to insurance companies and seek financial compensation for your injuries. Our award-winning law firm can help you by offering the following services:
- We work for you on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we do not charge you any fees for legal representation. We will only charge a fee after recovering financial compensation on your behalf. We deduct our fee from the overall financial award.
- We will work on every element of your personal injury case all the way through trial.
- We can provide expert witnesses, professional associates, and technological resources.
What Is the Statute of Limitations Period for Personal Injury Cases in California?
The statute of limitations period in California for personal injury actions is two years from the date of the injury. Every jurisdiction or state in the country has a set time barrier for filing personal injury lawsuits against the parties accused of negligence. The legal term for this time barrier is the statute of limitations. If you do not file a personal injury case within two years of the date of the accident, you will be barred from filing your claim and seeking financial compensation for your injuries.
The following are some of the exceptions to the general statute of limitations rule in California:
- If an individual who caused the injury leaves California, it is possible that the two-year statute of limitations period can be extended.
- If a victim of an accident was younger than eighteen years of age or lacked mental capacity when the accident happened, it is possible for the statute of limitations period to be extended.
- If an injured victim files a personal injury action against a California state government agency, city government, or county government, the action must be filed within six months from the date of the accident. The parties in these cases must follow strict procedural rules and adhere to numerous deadlines.
Which Individuals or Entities May Be Held Responsible for My Personal Injuries?
- Rideshare drivers
- Commercial truck drivers
- Construction companies
- General contractors
- Government agencies
- Nursing home operators
- Healthcare agencies
- Medical providers
- Property owners
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Court?
The majority of personal injury cases that arise in Long Beach will not go to court. Most of the personal injury cases in Long Beach and throughout California are resolved through settlement agreements with insurance companies. If an insurance company refuses to pay an injured victim a just settlement amount, then it may be necessary to file a civil lawsuit and litigate the case.
Most cases that are filed in court do not go to trial. Both sides may come to a settlement agreement as the case is being litigated. The attorneys on both sides will make attempts to settle the personal injury case. If the parties fail to reach an agreement, then it will be necessary to have a trial.
What Is the Fee for Taking My Personal Injury Case?
Our Long Beach personal injury lawyers work under a contingency fee agreement. We do not take any fees for legal representation until after we recover a financial award on your behalf. If we do not obtain a financial award on your behalf, then we do not charge any fee. Typically, the fee amount is 33 percent of the final settlement amount.
Who Will Work on My Personal Injury Case?
Contact Our Firm’s Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Suffering personal injuries during a car accident can affect your life for days, months, and years. Retaining a personal injury lawyer is one of the best things you can do after being in a car accident. The personal injury lawyers at Arash Law headed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq. have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases.
We have recovered over $500 million for clients throughout California. Contact us at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation. We serve clients in San Francisco, Riverside, Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sherman Oaks, and throughout California.