Brian Beecher, Litigation Department Chair at Arash Law
Mr. Beecher has been involved in numerous high dollar settlements and record-setting verdicts. Mr. Beecher handles all manner of severe injury cases, and he specializes in traumatic brain injuries because, in part, Mr. Beecher comes from a family of doctors — his brother is a nationally-recognized neurosurgeon on the East Coast. Insurance companies often try to take advantage of people who have suffered brain injuries because these types of injuries are difficult to diagnose in the emergency room. Peer-reviewed medical literature reports that many people who suffer brain damage, and especially people who suffer a mild traumatic brain injury, will not be able to recognize their injury during the first few days, weeks, and even months after the injury causing incident.
Also, mild traumatic brain injuries cannot be diagnosed through CT scans or MRI’s and can only be seen through the use of diffusion tensor imaging of the brain (called a “DTI”). Insurance companies often try to use the gap in time from injury to diagnosis of brain damage and the lack of CT scan or MRI evidence to (falsely) argue that there is no brain injury… Read Full Bio
Mr. Beecher understands these games that insurance companies play, and he is skilled on both the legal and medical side of brain injuries so that he can combat the “hired gun” doctors that insurance companies employ to try to evade taking responsibility for harm. Mr. Beecher knows how to diagnose brain injuries through objective evidence (tests that cannot be faked, such as DT MRI’s, Videonystagmography/VNG, and PET scans). Mr. Beecher also knows that brain injuries affect every single aspect of a person’s life. Even mild traumatic brain injuries can (and most often do) cause severe changes to a person’s behavior, emotions, cognitive abilities, memory, balance systems, ability to smell and taste, hearing, attention, speech, and more.
Mr. Beecher fights voraciously against insurance company tactics and the biased doctors hired by the defense so that Mr. Beecher’s clients can receive a verdict or settlement that will provide them with the best possible future care and quality of life.
Mr. Beecher also never takes a case to trial without first making an effort to show the insurance company and defense counsel the true extent of his client’s injuries through objective evidence and giving the insurance company a chance to do the right thing. Mr. Beecher routinely handles matters throughout the State of California, both at the State and Federal level. Mr. Beecher is also an adjunct professor at the Pepperdine University School of Law, for both law students and practicing attorneys seeking an L.L.M. in alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Beecher graduated from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2005 after earning his B.S. in psychology from the University of Iowa in 2002. In 2005, Mr. Beecher also received a Master’s Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University, the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution.
If insurance companies would just be fair, I would be out of a job tomorrow. Instead, they choose to hire biased doctors and conduct smear campaigns. Which is why I am proud to fight for the injured. -Brian Beecher, Esq.
- Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Iowa
- Juris Doctor Degree from the Pepperdine University School of Law
- Master’s Degree in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University’s Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution
Accreditations and Memberships
Most Recent Case Results
- $22,0000,000 – Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: December 2016: $22M+ verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case. The entire details of the case can be found in the public record filings by the defendant entity that sued its defense attorneys and insurance carrier after the verdict. [Read court documents]
- $14,000,000 – Traumatic Brain Injury: April 2019: $14M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a defective piece of equipment at a factory.
- $5,000,000 – Traumatic Brain Injury: April 2019: $5M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a motor vehicle collision.
- $3,500,000 – Traumatic Brain Injury: May 2019: $3.5M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a motor vehicle collision.
- $27,000,000 – Multiple Plaintiffs: 2019: $27M confidential settlement in a case involving multiple plaintiffs.
- $9,000,000 – Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: November 2020: $9M settlement in a mild traumatic brain injury case involving a construction worker injured at the jobsite.