YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION FOR YOUR FATAL CAR ACCIDENT
We can tell you if you have a case or not within five minutes, Call (888) 488-1391
FREE CONSULTATION | PAY NOTHING UPFRONT | OVER $200 MILLION RECOVERED | ZERO-FEES UNTIL WE WIN
California’s Most Aggressive Fatal Car Accidents Lawyers
Car accidents are sometimes life-altering and traumatic. Because of how universal cars are to our lives, drivers often forget just how dangerous they can become and that severe and even deadly car crashes can occur. They sometimes drive recklessly, speed, get behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or drive distracted.
Every year millions of people are injured in automobile accidents on roads across the United States. Tens of thousands of drivers and passengers lose their lives each year due to crashes.
According to the United States Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), there were 33,654 fatal vehicle crashes in 2018, which caused 36,560 deaths. This fact means there were 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people, 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled, and one death every 12 to 15 minutes in the U.S.
When a car accident occurs, the victims, their families, and the entire community are often devastated. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that there were 3,563 car accident fatalities throughout the state in 2018 alone. Thousands of people must deal with grief and sudden loss in the wake of California’s deadly accidents.
If you recently lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you are familiar with this. You might wonder how you will ever be able to live your everyday life again. It will take time, and there are no quick fixes, but you can learn to cope and rebuild your life. One step that many families find helpful after losing a loved one in a car accident is meeting with a compassionate fatal car accident attorney.
United States Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
- The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that an estimated 38,000 people were killed in U.S. motor vehicle accidents in 2019
- Over two million were injured or disabled in auto accidents
- 675 children 12 years old and younger were killed as occupants in motor vehicle crashes, and almost 116,000 were injured in 2017
- The lifetime economic total expense to society for each traffic death is $1.4 million. Over 90 percent of this figure is due to lost workplace and household productivity and legal costs.
- That comes out to around $820 per person
- The cost of fatal accidents in California in 2018 was $5.83B
- Car, motorcycle, and truck accidents are the leading cause of death for individuals aged 8 – 34
California’s Most Dangerous Roads
According to one study conducted by OTS, nearly 57 percent of Californians believe that it is okay to drive 10mph over the speed limit on this state’s freeways. Almost 40 percent of those said their chances of getting a ticket for speeding 10mph over the speed limit were unlikely.
Fatal accidents by freeway:
- 5 Freeway: 192 deaths in the fiscal year
- 101 Freeway: 139 reported fatalities
- 99 Freeway: 110 deaths
Los Angeles County is the site of many fatal accidents. The top five most dangerous intersections for car accidents in Los Angeles County are:
- Sierra Highway – Santa Clarita Valley
- I-405 in Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys
- I-5 Golden State Freeway
- Route 57
- State Route 118 / Ronald Reagan Freeway
Deadly Auto Accidents are Far Too Common in California
Fatal car crashes frequently occur on California’s large and congested highways. Numerous individuals are killed each year on California’s roads due to travel at high speeds and truck accidents. You might be surprised to learn that there are fatal accidents that occur at low-speeds on side streets. These low-speed accidents could happen because drivers are often less attentive while driving at slower speeds with less traffic. Many of them are distracted by their cell phone.
Fatal motor vehicle accident victims can be of any age. They are often following the law and are usually wearing their seatbelts for safety. Several hundred pedestrians are also hit and killed by cars every year in California. No matter the cause of your loved one’s deadly wreck, a fatal car accident lawyer can offer you invaluable direction about what to do next.
Some of the most common causes of fatal vehicle crashes include:
- Intoxicated Drivers – Nearly 30 percent of all fatal car accidents involve a drunk driver, as per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Reckless Drivers – Reckless drivers can cause deadly crashes by making unsafe lane changes, speeding, and tailgating
- Distracted Drivers – Many serious and fatal accidents happen when motorist are using their phones, speaking with their passengers, or eating
- Defective Vehicles – If your car was poorly constructed or built with a malfunctioning auto part, it could result in a fatal crash
- Exhausted Drivers – Drivers sometimes fall asleep behind the wheel leading up to a deadly wreck. These types of accidents happen a lot due to overworked truck drivers and people who work night shifts
At Arash Law, our fatal car accidents attorneys have witnessed firsthand that almost half of the injured individuals are left with permanent disabilities such as brain damage, paralysis, amputation injuries, orthopedic injuries, and other serious conditions that substantially and destructively affect the lives of crash victims. When a motor vehicle accident leads to death, the family members of those who died suffer both emotionally and, often, financially.
What a Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer Can Do For You
If you lost a loved one or sustained a severe injury in a car crash because of another driver’s carelessness and negligence, you have a legal right to hold that driver accountable for their actions. A fatal car accident attorney can’t turn back the clock to make things the way they were before the car accident.
However, we can help you obtain compensation for the awful, unexpected losses the crash caused in your life. A wrongful death car accident lawsuit can also help pay for the high medical expenses and other costs incurred due to the crash. It can also help provide financial support for those who have lost income because of an injury or an unforeseen death. Legal action might also help prevent a similar tragedy from happening to other families.
Sometimes a personal injury lawsuit is the only way to hold offenders and big companies liable for actions that put consumers at risk. Arash Law has a proven history of success in auto-accident and wrongful death cases, including a $1.5 billion verdict for a church volunteer’s family killed by a distracted driver.
Act Quickly After A Fatal Car Crash
If someone you love died in a car crash, you must act quickly in reaching out to an experienced fatal car accident attorney. The insurance company for the person who caused the accident will begin their investigation of the accident as soon as possible. They take their claims very seriously. You should take yours seriously as well.
It’s an arduous task to handle a wrongful death claim for a fatal car accident on your own, especially if you don’t have the advantage of having a professional legal background. It would be best if you had a fatal car accident lawyer working for you and your family. You must be able to prove that the person who caused the accident was negligent beyond a preponderance of evidence. Using evidence to support your case, you must be able to show that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the other party caused your loved one’s death.
An Experienced Fatal Car Accidents Attorney Will Fight For Fair Compensation
Car accidents occur under numerous circumstances. Many of them involve the negligent or irresponsible behavior of another driver. After a deadly collision, an experienced fatal car accident lawyer can serve as your legal guide and a trusted advocate. Your fatal car accidents lawyer can construct a robust case for you and fight to receive fair financial compensation for your immense losses on your behalf.
Although receiving compensation doesn’t decrease the pain of losing someone you care about, it will ease some of the stress brought about by your loss. It would help if you didn’t have to deal with a financial weight at this challenging time.
What Are The Expenses Involved in Fatal Auto Accidents?
After a loved one loses their life in a car accident, you may wonder how you will pay the short-term and long-term expenses and damages. These include the following:
- Medical bills: The cost of surgeries, hospitalization, and medications can be overwhelming, especially as the medical bills keep coming in.
- Funeral and burial expenses: These costs can add up to thousands of dollars, depending on the type of service and burial chosen by the family.
- Loss of financial security: If you relied on your loved one’s wages, health insurance, and other financial benefits, the loss of this financial support could significantly burden you and your family.
- Loss of companionship: The sudden absence of a loved one is devastating. Being deprived of missing the companionship and care from your deceased loved one can be harmful to your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Pain and suffering: The grieving process affects each aspect of your life, including your ability to go to work and concentrate and attend to other obligations. The pain you’re experiencing can often render you susceptible to a plethora of physical, psychological, social, and financial issues.
Reducing the Risk of Auto Accidents and Injuries
Due to other drivers’ actions and choices on the road, you can never eliminate your risk of being involved in a car accident and suffering injuries or death. However, there are several steps you can take to ensure you and your passengers are safe while on the road in your vehicle.
- Buckle up anytime you are in a vehicle – Properly using a seatbelt decreases the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passengers by as much as 45 percent and the risk of moderate-to-severe injury by up to 50 percent. Unrestrained drivers and passengers are 30 times more likely to be ejected from the vehicle in a crash. As many as three out of four ejected individuals will die.
- Always use car safety seats for children – The NHTSA reports that proper use of child safety seats decreases the risk of fatal injury by 71 percent for infants and by 54 percent for toddlers involved in passenger car accidents.
- Don’t speed – According to the NHTSA, 26 percent of fatal accidents are speed related – in 2018, that amounted to more than 9,378 deaths.
- Monitor and comply with safety recalls for your vehicle – Some recalls are related to minor issues, but some are issued to fix genuine safety concerns. For instance, in 2014, General Motors issued a recall for two parts in the ignition system of several of its models that could cause the car to shut off key safety features, preventing the vehicle’s airbag from deploying when it should. Look for recalls by vehicle make and model or by using your vehicle’s VIN into the database.
- Avoid drinking and driving – Each day, 29 people in the U.S. lose their lives in motor vehicle crashes involving drivers impaired by alcohol. On average, one death occurs every 50 minutes due to drinking and driving. The yearly total of alcohol-related crashes tops more than $44 billion.
- Beware of pedestrians – In 2018, 6,227 pedestrians were killed by cars in the U.S. Surprisingly, most fatal pedestrian accidents weren’t at intersections
A Compassionate Yet Aggressive California Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer Can Help
Our team of compassionate and experienced California fatal car accident lawyers is available to help you after a loved one’s death in a car accident. Arash Law has recovered more than $200 million for previous clients just like you. We serve victims and their families in San Francisco, Riverside, San Jose, San Diego, Sacramento, Sherman Oaks, and many other areas in California. We also offer legal services in many different languages.
The sudden unexpected death of a loved one can be quite confusing, among other things. You shouldn’t have to be confused or overwhelmed with wrongful death laws during this emotionally difficult time. A California car accident lawyer from our office can handle the legal issues for you. Call Arash Law today at (888) 488-1391 or contact us online to schedule your free no-obligation fatal car accident case review.
table of contents
- California’s Most Aggressive Fatal Car Accidents Lawyers
- California’s Most Dangerous Roads
- Deadly Auto Accidents are Far Too Common in California
- What a Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer Can Do For You
- An Experienced Fatal Car Accidents Attorney Will Fight For Fair Compensation
- What Are The Expenses Involved in Fatal Auto Accidents?
- A Compassionate Yet Aggressive California Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer Can Help