According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash occurred on southbound State Highway 242 in Pleasant Hill at the Gregory Lane off-ramp around 11:32 p.m.
Authorities reported that the female pedestrian was in the southbound traffic lanes of SR-242 when struck by a gray Lexus IS-250 traveling southbound.
Officials added that the pedestrian was declared dead at the scene and that the driver of the Lexus was uninjured, while one of the vehicle’s passengers sustained minor injuries.
The collision is still being investigated. Please contact CHP Contra Costa in Martinez at (925) 646-4980 or email 320Investigations@chp.ca.gov if you have information that you believe would be helpful to the investigation.
Renowned Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Contra Costa County
California pedestrians receive the same legal protection as motorists, passengers, and cyclists. Injured pedestrians or the families of those slain in an accident may sue the at-fault driver.
Our skilled attorneys will review your case, guide the following steps, and assess any variables affecting the final settlement amount.
Our Contra Costa County pedestrian accident lawyers at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., have years of experience and in-depth knowledge of representing pedestrians injured in accidents. Our clients have been awarded $500 million in compensation.
Get a free consultation by filling out our “Do I Have a Case?” form or calling (888) 488-1391.
What To Do After A Pedestrian Accident
It can be challenging to remain calm after losing a loved one in a pedestrian accident. It is essential to remember that your actions and words can significantly influence the outcome of your claim against the at-fault party. To protect a personal injury or wrongful death claim’s value, follow the below steps.
- Notify the relevant authorities of the collision and request a copy of the accident report.
- Include pertinent information regarding the involved vehicle, the accident site, injuries, and property damage.
- Obtain vital information regarding the license plate, driver’s license, and vehicle insurance card.
- It is advisable to compile the names and contact information of potential eyewitnesses.
- Keep a record of all associated costs.
- Before speaking with an insurance adjuster or accepting a settlement offer, it is prudent to consult with a reputable attorney.
- Avoid posting information about the disaster or its preceding events on social media.
- Please contact us at (888) 488-1391 if you need our trustworthy pedestrian accident attorneys.
Fatal Pedestrian Accident Statistics
In the majority of pedestrian incidents, fatalities and serious injuries occur. Collisions pose a significant threat to the safety of pedestrians.
Pedestrian incidents on U.S. roadways are increasing significantly, increasing injuries and fatalities. In recent decades, pedestrian accidents have caused the most traffic fatalities.
From 2007 to 2016, the GHSA reported a 27% increase in pedestrian fatalities and a 14% decrease in all other traffic-related mortality.
According to statistics, 88 people die every minute. In 2017, hospitals treated 137,000 pedestrians for non-fatal injuries. In 2017, there were 5,977 pedestrian fatalities in the United States.
A recent study indicates that pedestrians in California are more likely to be injured or killed than pedestrians in other states. In 2020, 55,000 pedestrian injuries and 6,514 fatalities were recorded in California.