According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash happened around 9:00 a.m. along the southbound lanes of I-215 near the Los Alamos Road exit.
Four vehicles were found at the scene, but there was no immediate information on the number of people involved and possible injuries.
About 20 minutes later, only one lane remained closed, but traffic continued to be slow in the area.
The authorities have yet to release further details on the crash while their investigations are underway.
Award-winning Car Accident Lawyers in Murrieta, Riverside County
If another driver’s carelessness harmed you or a loved one, you may be able to sue for damages. Speak with a personal injury lawyer if you suffered injuries in a car accident in Murrieta or other cities in Riverside County.
During our free consultation, one of our experienced lawyers will review your case, discuss the next steps, and examine all the variables that could affect the settlement amount.
You can count on our award-winning Riverside County car accident lawyers, headed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., at Arash Law. Our legal team has well-established careers and accolades in advocating for accident victims. The clients we have worked with have been awarded compensation totaling $500 Million.
Set up a free consultation with one of our lawyers by calling (888) 488-1391 or completing our “Do I Have a Case?” form.
Five Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
A car accident could happen anywhere and at any time. This is why it is advised to be prepared for the unexpected. If you sustained injuries or your loved one was killed in a crash, you must understand how important it is to protect your rights and theirs. Here are the steps that you must follow:
- Remain calm and check yourself for injuries before checking on others. After that, look for a secure location near the scene of the accident.
- Contact 911 and other authorities to inform them about the collision. They will create an official report, which will be helpful for your claim.
- Obtain the contact details of everyone involved in the collision, including the witnesses. Make sure to include their names, phone numbers, and insurance information, and do not forget to photograph the license plates, vehicles, and other potential evidence.
- Contact your insurer and make a report. There are statutes of limitations that will affect your claim if it’s not made as soon as possible.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. They will make sure to process your claim smoothly and quickly.
Multi-Vehicle Accident Statistics
In the US, car crashes cause the most accidental deaths and injuries. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there is still a high number of accidents despite a decrease of 0.3% in 2021. There is an estimated total of 42,795 fatalities in 2022 alone.
In 2020, 3,847 people reportedly died in car accidents in California. There were 1,587 fatalities from collisions involving multiple vehicles or 41% of all crashes. On the other hand, single-vehicle accidents caused the most fatalities (59%) in traffic accidents.
In Murrieta, 247 victims were injured or killed in a crash in 2020, based on the data provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety. With a population of 111,671 people, it is advisable to exercise caution when driving around the city.