San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers
- What You Should Know About Car Accidents in San Francisco
- Recent Car Accident Reports in San Francisco
- Steps People Should Take After Car Accidents in California
- How Car Accident Claims Work in California
- Compensation That People Can Recover in a Car Accident Lawsuit
- Frequent Causes of San Francisco Car Accidents
- Getting the Best Settlement After a Car Accident in San Francisco
- Will My Car Accident Case Have to Go to Court?
- Finding the Best San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
- Common Kinds of Car Accident Injuries
- Additional Car Accident Compensation Concerns
- California Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
- When People Should Hire a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
- Why You Should Hire a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
record-setting San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers Let Our Family Take Care of Your Family
San Francisco is a Northern California city that is a major tourist location for many people, as the city is known for its collection of rolling hills and a variety of architecture. The San Francisco Bay Area includes nine counties, making it the second-largest statistical area in the state after the Greater Los Angeles area. According to the United States Census, the most recent population of San Francisco was 815,201, and the city is the second-most densely populated city in the country after New York City. Unfortunately, with such a high population and a high number of vehicles on the road, car accidents are a common occurrence in San Francisco. If you’ve been in a car accident in the area, it’s important to seek the help of experienced San Francisco car accident lawyers who can navigate the legal system and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Neighborhoods in San Francisco include Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Union Square, Central Market, Fillmore, Japantown, Nob Hill, Sunset, Bayview, Treasure Island, and Mission District, among others. San Francisco generally has a warm climate, but it is also subject to cool currents from the Pacific Ocean.
The San Francisco Travel Association reported that the 21.5 million visitors in 2022 was a 26.5 percent increase from the 17 million in 2021, and the visitors were expected to spend $6.7 billion. The numbers remain only half of what they were in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., is an experienced personal injury law firm that helps people involved in all kinds of traffic accidents in San Francisco, California, and we work hard to help people obtain all of the compensation to which they are rightfully entitled. Our firm understands how confusing and stressful it can be for people to be involved in motor vehicle collisions and then try to work out how they will be paid.
Our client was driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines, causing a head-on collision that claimed the life of a loving wife and mother.– ARASH KHORSANDI
What You Should Know About Being In a Car Accident in The Bay Area
According to the OTS, traffic fatalities declined 5.1 percent from 3,798 in 2018 to 3,606 in 2019. Alcohol-related fatalities also saw a decrease of 4.5 percent, but drug-impaired driving offenses increased by 8 percent.
Pedestrian fatalities involving people 65 years of age or older also increased by 1.9 percent during this time period. The 2019 Annual Report of Fatal and Injury Motor Vehicle Traffic Collisions showed 3,737 people were killed and 269,031 suffered an injury. In total, for that year, there were 3,438 fatal crashes and 187,211 injury crashes.
Within the city of San Francisco, OTS reported 2,777 total fatal and injury crashes, including 434 speed-related accidents, 486 hit-and-run crashes, and 259 alcohol-involved wrecks. The National Safety Council (NSC) also reported that there was a 16 percent increase in motor vehicle deaths in the first six months of 2021 when people were returning to roads.
2020 Crash Data on California State Highways from Caltrans shows 53,252 rear-end crashes, 30,898 instances of people hitting objects, 30,617 sideswipe accidents, 6,204 broadside accidents, 5,153 overturn accidents, 1,645 head-on collisions, 906 pedestrian incidents, and 2,304 other. The United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration reports that there were 3,847 fatalities in 2020, the highest number since 2017.
Recent Car Accident Reports in San Francisco
The SFist reported that 18 people suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a multi-vehicle crash that began when a car collided with a wall, causing five other vehicles to crash within the tunnel. Two people required transportation to a local emergency room center.
According to the San Francisco Standard, a crash at Cesar Chavez Street and South Van Ness Avenue left a motorcyclist dead. It marked the city’s 31st fatality this year, and the intersection was a known danger zone in the city’s “High Injury Network.”
Steps People Should Take After Car Accidents in California
- Check yourself, your passengers, and the occupants of other vehicles to see if anybody has suffered injuries.
- Call 911 to report the accident to local police and request emergency services if necessary. People must call 911 even when collisions are minor.
- Try to move your vehicle to the side of the road or to another area that will minimize obstructions for surrounding traffic.
- Collect personal information about drivers and other parties who were involved in the accident. You will want to get a person’s name, telephone number, insurance information, and vehicle details.
- Make sure to take multiple photographs, including pictures of the accident scene from various angles and distances, photographs of your injuries, and any damage to your vehicle.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Try to write down as much as you remember about the accident. You will be surprised by how quickly you forget key information.
- Contact your own insurance company to report the accident.
- Quickly find an experienced San Francisco car accident lawyer.
- Provide a statement to any person other than a police officer.
- Sign any kind of paperwork, such as a disclaimer, waiver, or another document, at the scene of an accident.
- Discuss the accident with any person other than a police officer, your own insurance company, or a car accident lawyer.
- Leave the scene of the crash without contacting the police.
- Fail to secure as much evidence as possible.
How Car Accident Claims Work in California
Compensation That People Can Recover in a Car Accident Lawsuit
- past and future medical bills
- past and future lost wages
- property damage
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- mental anguish
Led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., Arash Law has significant experience handling car accident claims and fighting for as much compensation as possible. We have recovered more than $500 million for our clients.
Frequent Causes of San Francisco Car Accidents
The team at Arash Law, assembled by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has a wealth of experience investigating multiple kinds of car accidents throughout Northern California, so we know to prove that other drivers or factors caused car accidents. Our firm has handled many cases in which another driver caused an accident due to the following:
- distracted driving
- driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or drugs (DUID)
- failing to yield
- failing to signal
- road rage
- aggressive driving
- inclement weather
- running red lights or stop signs
- driver fatigue
- unsafe roads
- automobile defects
- improper turns
- tire blowouts
Getting the Best Settlement After a Car Accident in San Francisco
Insurance companies all have the same goal of paying as little as possible to resolve possible injury claims, and one of the most effective tricks these companies employ is simply extending an initial settlement offer before victims have even had the chance to speak to a good San Francisco car accident lawyer. You need to know that you are under no obligation to accept a settlement offer, and you will probably want to decline your first offer since it is presumably much less than to which you are entitled.
Will My Car Accident Case Have to Go to Court?
Finding the Best San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers
Common Kinds of Car Accident Injuries
- neck injuries
- knee injuries
- shoulder injuries
- arm injuries
- soft tissue injuries
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Lack of Insurance for an At-Fault Driver
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident involving a commercial agricultural defendant – client suffered spinal injuries– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
The Importance of a Traffic Collision Report
A TCR also includes a police officer’s opinion about the cause of a collision. People can obtain TCRs online, by submitting written requests to police departments, or in person at police departments.
Additional Car Accident Compensation Concerns
California Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
California Code of Civil Procedure § 340 establishes that the statute of limitations for a car accident claim in the state will be two years from the date of an accident. One notable exception to this rule concerns victims who are minors, in which case the victim will have two years to file once they turn 18 years of age.
When To Hire a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
Many people express reservations about hiring attorneys for their car accident cases because they think they cannot afford to hire a lawyer. However, Arash Law, managed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., handles every single case on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our clients will not pay anything upfront for legal representation, and we do not charge anything unless we win or settle the case.
Why You Should Hire a San Francisco Car Accident Law Firm
Studies have repeatedly shown that when people attempt to handle their car accident cases on their own, they often recover far less than they will have had they retained legal counsel. When settlement negotiations begin, an experienced San Francisco car accident lawyer is going to be much more knowledgeable about how to get to the desired amount than most people can handle on their own.
Contact Arash Law's Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in The Bay Area
Created by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., Arash Law has a San Francisco Bay Area office as well as seven other California locations. When you have sustained severe injuries, or your loved one was killed in a car accident in Northern California, do not wait to call (888) 488-1391 or contact us online so you can speak with a reputable car accident lawyer in San Francisco.