Sophie Etemadi, Trial Attorney at Arash Law
Sophie Etemadi is a trial attorney at Arash Law. With a proven record of success, particularly with cases deemed “unwinnable”, Sophie is an integral member of the trial team. Sophie has extensive experience devising distinctive litigation strategies, taking expert depositions, trying cases, and obtaining seven-figure verdicts. Sophie’s impressive track record and exceptional trial skills place her in elite company.
In 2020, Sophie Etemadi was voted as the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’ Rising Star. This prestigious award recognizes one’s ability and track record in the courtroom via nomination. Winning the award illustrates high regard by one’s peers as fellow trial attorneys vote to select the most deserving recipient. Sophie was also the youngest attorney to make it as a finalist for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association’s Top Gun Award in 2020. Each year, OCTLA honors outstanding trial attorneys whose recent verdicts exemplify how trial lawyers use their skills and determination to create a more just society. Specifically, the OCTLA recognized Sophie’s ability to obtain 1.5 million dollars in general damages from an Orange County jury for her elderly client.
Prior to joining Arash Law, Sophie spent years developing her mastery of spine cases. She has also represented clients in a wide array of cases including personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, medical malpractice and insurance bad faith. Sophie is a graduate of Loyola Law School where she was a member of the nationally-ranked Byrne Trial Advocacy Team and earned the Regional Champion award at the American Association of Justice Tournament in 2014. After graduating law school, Sophie continued to sharpen her trial skills by participating in the highly selective American Board of Trial Advocates Fellowship.
Sophie is admitted to practice law in California and before the United States District Court for Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California. She is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
What we treasure most about Sophie is her wicked sense of humor. She is fluent in sarcasm, prefers her puns intended, and will fight fearlessly to get the verdicts her clients deserve.
Accreditations and Association Memberships
- Member of America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys® for Southern California in 2020
- Ranked in California’s Top 10 Motor Vehicle Accident Verdicts in 2019
- Ranked in California’s Top 10 Personal Injury Verdicts in 2019
- Ranked in California’s Top 10 Truck Accident Verdicts in 2019
- Ranked in California’s Top 100 Verdicts in 2019
- Member of Daily Journal’s 2020 Top Plaintiffs’ Lawyers
- Ranked in National Law Journal Top 100 Verdicts of 2019
- Named to Best Med Mal Attorneys in Long Beach 2020
- Rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo
- Listed on Martindale-Hubbell®
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Received the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Medallion for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Named to Strathmore’s “Who’s Who” List
- Member of the American Civil Liberties Union
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Trial Lawyers College
Most Recent Case Results
- $70.6 Million – Truck Accident: Cuevas et al v. Rai Transport, Inc. et al – Bakersfield, CA
- $11 Million Verdict – Car Accident: McPhoy v. Ramirez – Santa Monica, CA
- $10.5 Million – Brain Injury: Mitchell Carter v Kern County School District
– Kern County Superior Court (California)
- $4.6 Million – Personal Injury: Mongtale, et al v Nadeau, et al – Alaska
- $3.3 Million – Personal Injury: Bibbie v. A-Quality Transport, LLC, George Postulka – Riverside County Superior Court
- $2.8 Million – Personal Injury: Crawford v Sears, Roebuck & Co, et al – Los Angeles Superior Court
- $1.7 Million – Wrongful Death: Denault, et al v DHL, et al – Florida
- $950,000 – Personal Injury: Tafolla, et al v Volk, et al – Los Angeles Superior Court
- $750,000 – Personal Injury: Pinho v Sears, Roebuck & Co, et al – Los Angeles Superior Court
- $699,500 – Wrongful Death: L.M.P., a minor, v Southern California Edison, et al – Los Angeles Superior Court
- $300,000 – Police Brutality Case: Man Shot by Police with Pepper Pellets