Huntington Park’s Premier Personal Injury Law Firm Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights
In 2020 alone, the city had a record of 214 victims who were either killed or injured during a crash, based on the data provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety. Among these, 29 involved pedestrians, five involved motorcyclists, 17 involved bicyclists, and 39 had alcohol involved. You can never be too careful, even if you think that you are already knowledgeable of the city itself. It is important to remember that accidents are unpredictable, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about them right away.
December 2016: $22M+ verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case. The entire details of the case can be found in the public record filings by the defendant entity that sued its defense.– BRIAN BEECHER
IF YES, You may be able to recover financial compensation. TELL US MORE:
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Huntington Park Injury Law Firm
You don’t have to familiarize yourself with the nature of your accident on your own. Seek the advice of our personal injury lawyers so that we can guide you in identifying the validity of your claim. You can rest assured that our attorneys have extensive knowledge and a proven track record to fight for your justice.
8 Steps to Take After an Injury Accident in Huntington Park
It is vital that you stay safe after a car collision or crash, and there are several safety protocols you must adhere to. After the crash, diligently follow these 8 steps:
- Immediately get to safety and protect yourself from further injury. If your car was hit in the middle of the road, pull it over to the side as long as you are able.
- If there are any injured individuals, call an ambulance immediately. Seek medical help as well because some injuries take a while to set in.
- Call the police to report the accident. The police report will be valuable for your injury claim.
- Never admit to it being your fault, and always be careful what you say. Simply give an honest account of what happened.
- Collect all the essential information about the driver of the other vehicle that was involved in the crash. This includes their license plate number, insurance information, their name, address, and driver’s license number.
- Make sure to document the scene of the crash by taking photos on your phone and saving them. This must include damage caused to the vehicles and any other property. Also, take a screenshot of the date and time of the accident on your mobile phone. It is vital to have an exact record of the date and time of the crash.
- If there are witnesses, make sure to get their contact information. Witnesses of the collision can drastically strengthen your legal claim.
- Contact an injury attorney as soon as possible. They will help you file an injury claim with the insurance company. Their experience will assist you in obtaining the maximum compensation you deserve for injuries, medical expenses, loss of income, pain, and suffering caused by the collision.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
After an accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for different types of damages that you have suffered. The compensation may include:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages, income, and earnings
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
The best way to determine how much your personal injury case is worth is to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer from the team of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., at Arash Law. Our Huntington Park personal injury law firm can assess the unique circumstances of your case and determine its value. We will work hard to build your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue fair compensation for their injuries and damages.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Huntington Park?
The value of your claim is determined by the specific details of the injuries you’ve suffered, which we can refer to as damages. Generally speaking, there are three types of damages:
- Economic damages or Special damages: These are damages that have a monetary value attached to them. They are easily calculable and represent your financial losses, including:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical therapy
- Travel costs to and from medical treatment
- Non-economic damages or General damages: These are damages that do not have a specific price attached to them. They represent the intangible losses you have suffered or will suffer in the future, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Punitive damages or exemplary damages: The court orders these types of damages as a punishment for the defendant on top of compensatory damages. While punitive damages are commonly difficult to obtain, a court may order them if the defendant’s actions were determined to be seriously negligent or intentional.
What Happens if I’m Being Blamed for Accident in Huntington Park?
How Do I Prove Negligence in California?
- Duty of care owed – The defendant was responsible for exercising reasonable care to prevent harm to the victim.
- Duty of care breached – The defendant failed to meet their duty of care by acting negligently or by not taking necessary action when required.
- Causation – The defendant’s failure to fulfill their duty of care primarily harmed the victim.
- Damages – The victim suffered losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, directly resulting from the accident.
How Much Will I Pay for a Huntington Park Personal Injury Attorney?
So our lawyers can gauge the strength of your claim, it is necessary that you come prepared for our first consultation with all the documents and pieces of evidence that you have. Bring along any relevant medical records, photos of your injuries and the scene during the accident, and any other proof that can help your case. Don’t worry if you can only gather a few because our lawyers will make sure to supplement anything lacking for your claim.
Remember that our interests are aligned with yours. You can trust our Huntington Park personal injury law firm to give you the best legal representation while you are recovering from your injuries and other losses.
Statute Of Limitations For a Personal Injury Case in Huntington Park
In California, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the injury. This means that in order to have a legitimate claim, a person who was hurt in an accident must file a lawsuit within two years of the incident. Otherwise, the claim will be dismissed and time-barred
Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule A Free Consultation With Our Huntington Park Personal Injury Law Firm
Obtaining the rightful compensation for your injuries and losses will be difficult on your own, considering that you only have two years to initiate a lawsuit. While dealing with your injuries, you will have to face insurance companies who will offer you the lowest settlement possible.