Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers
- California Car Accidents by the Numbers
- Why You Should Choose Arash Law for Your Car Accident Claim
- Determining Grounds for a Car Accident Claim
- What People Should Do After a Car Crash in Santa Ana
- Common Kinds of Car Accident Injuries
- Is California Considered a No-Fault State?
- Types of Compensation for Car Accidents in California
Insurance Companies Take From the Injured,Our Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyers Give.
Santa Ana is the county seat of Orange County in California and is the second-most populous city in the county after Anaheim. According to the 2020 United States Census, Santa Ana had a population of 309,441, with 76.7 percent of residents being Hispanic or Latino, 29.7 percent being white alone, 11.9 percent being Asian alone, 8.8 percent being two or more races, 1.0 percent being Black or African American, 0.9 percent is American Indian and Alaska Native alone, and 0.2 percent being Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander.
The Census reported that 48.6 percent of Santa Ana is female, with 10.0 percent of residents being 65 years of age and older, 25.0 percent being under 18 years of age, and 6.4 percent is less than 5 years of age. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that there were 36 fatal and injury accidents in Santa Ana in 2020 that included four motorcycles, 14 pedestrians, and one bicyclist.
Car accidents can be a major cause of severe injuries and even death. People can suffer many kinds of devastating injuries that lead to tremendous lifelong expenses.
When you suffer an injury or your loved one is killed in a traffic accident caused by the negligence of another driver, you will not want to hesitate in seeking legal assistance. Many people who have never considered ever hiring a Santa Ana car accident lawyer can find themselves needing legal help to recover the compensation they are entitled to in these cases.
Founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., Arash Law can provide an experienced team of attorneys who can investigate every aspect of your motor vehicle accident case to secure all of the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries and damages stemming from a car accident. Our Santa Ana car accident law firm will make it a priority to get you maximum compensation for your case, even when that means going to trial.
People need to understand that time is of the essence in all personal injury cases, so people will want to reach out for legal help as soon as possible. State law only provides a limited amount of time for filing an injury claim, so a person who waits too long can lose their right to recover anything.
A farm worker, suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries resulting from an auto accident where the defendant driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.– ARASH KHORSANDI
California Car Accidents by the Numbers
The 2019 California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS) report stated that 3,737 people were killed and 269,031 people suffered an injury in motor vehicle accidents in California. This total included 187,211 injury crashes and 3,438 fatal crashes.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) further reports that traffic crash deaths in California involved $49 million in medical costs and $5.79 billion in work loss costs for a total of $5.83 billion in total losses. $3.4 billion of these costs were motor vehicle occupants, $1.3 billion was pedestrians, $911 million was motorcyclists, and $205 million was bicyclists.
OTS also reported that traffic fatalities decreased 5.1 percent from 3,798 in 2018 to 3,606 in 2019, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities decreased 4.5 percent from 1,116 in 2018 to 1,066 in 2019, and motorcycle fatalities decreased 9.4 percent from 523 in 2018 to 474 in 2019. However, the 50 percent of all drivers killed in motor vehicle crashes who tested positive for legal or illegal drugs was an increase of 8 percent from 2018.
While pedestrian fatalities decreased by 0.6 percent from 978 in 2018 to 972 in 2019, pedestrian fatalities involving people 65 years of age and older increased by 1.9 percent from 218 in 2018 to 222 in 2019. The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) reported that California had 3,847 fatalities in motor vehicle accidents in 2020, which was the highest total since the 3,884 in 2017.
How You Should Choose a Car Accident Lawyer
- How much of a lawyer’s practice is actually dedicated to personal injury law? Does personal injury account for 100 percent of their cases? If a law firm advertises other areas of practice on its website, how much of its time is dedicated to personal injury cases?
- Does an attorney have any experience with a case similar to yours? Most Santa Ana car accident lawyers can tell you about similar cases they have handled in the past. You should ask them how those cases were resolved and what kind of compensation the person recovered.
- How good will the lawyer be at communicating with the client during the case? You will want to know if you can get answers to your questions while a case is ongoing. Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., makes it a point to be in constant communication with our clients, always providing updates on their cases as we make progress.
Why You Should Choose Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi Esq., for Your Car Accident Claim
The primary reason you will want to choose Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi Esq., to handle your car accident case will be our record of success with these kinds of cases. We have helped our clients recover more than $500 million.
Our law firm has over three decades of experience handling car accident claims in Santa Ana, California. We have served more than 3,000 clients and have earned an A+ grade from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
How Will a Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyer Be Able to Help Me?
People who are involved in minor accidents causing little more than minor property damage with no injuries probably will not need to hire lawyers. Any person who does suffer an injury, however, will want to be sure to retain legal counsel because insurance companies never play fair in their dealing with these people.
An acclaimed Santa Ana car accident lawyer at Arash Law, with the guidance of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., can:
- Independently investigate your accident and obtain all of the evidence relating to the crash, such as police reports, eyewitness statements, video and photo surveillance from the scene, and more.
- Obtain medical records and work with trusted experts to properly calculate your losses.
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the liable party to recover the compensation that covers your accident-related expenses.
- Prepare your case for a full trial if necessary to secure proper compensation.
Determining Grounds for a Car Accident Claim
When people are involved in motor vehicle accidents and suffer injuries, they can be entitled to compensation for their losses. A traditional car accident case is going to involve a victim claiming that another driver breached their duty of care, and a breach of duty can include any of the following actions:
- DUI of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Illegal turns
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield
How Much Will My Car Accident Claim Be Worth?
One of the most common questions the Santa Ana car accident attorneys get at Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi Esq., concerns how much a case will be worth, which can be difficult to answer because so many variables can impact what is recovered. Some of the most common factors that will dictate your award in these cases include:
- Income you lost while you were incapacitated
- How your injuries have affected your future earning capabilities
- Home modifications to accommodate your injuries
- Lifelong disfigurement, scarring, disability, or the loss of a bodily function
Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi Esq., is going to know how to calculate your total losses accurately and then can negotiate a settlement that covers everything. When an insurance company is unwilling to pay an appropriate amount, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
What People Should Do After a Car Crash in Santa Ana
Seek Medical Attention
Contact a Reputable Lawyer
After a person visits a hospital, they should quickly contact a skilled car accident law firm as soon as they can. The team at Arash Law, spearheaded by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., will take the time to listen to what happened, conduct an investigation, and help you determine what your rights and options are. You will want to get good Santa Ana car accident lawyers involved in your case as soon as possible to deal with the insurance company that will probably begin trying to contact you not long after your accident.
File an Insurance Claim
File a Lawsuit in Court
Common Kinds of Car Accident Injuries
Spinal Cord Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
People with moderate or severe TBIs may show the same symptoms but can also have headaches that get worse or do not go away, suffer from repeated vomiting or nausea, convulsions or seizures, have the inability to awaken from sleep, suffer dilation of one or both pupils in the eyes, weakness or numbness in the extremities, slurred speech, loss of coordination, and increased confusion, restlessness, or agitation.
About half of severely head-injured TBI patients require surgery to remove or repair hematomas (ruptured blood vessels) or contusions (bruised brain tissue). Common disabilities associated with TBI include problems with cognition (thinking, memory, and reasoning), sensory processing (sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell), communication (expression and understanding), and behavior or mental health (depression, anxiety, personality changes, aggression, acting out, and social inappropriateness).
Some cases can also involve intracranial hematoma (ICH), which involves several types of blood clots in or around the brain. Different types of ICH are classified based on their location in the brain, and the types can range from mild head injuries to very serious and potentially life-threatening injuries, and different types of ICH include epidural hematoma, which occurs when a blood clot forms underneath the skull but on top of the dura, the covering that surrounds the brain; subdural hematoma, which occurs when a blood clot forms underneath the skull and underneath the dura, but outside of the brain; contusions or intracerebral hematoma, which is a bruise to the brain itself causing bleeding and swelling inside of the brain around the area where the head was struck; and diffuse axonal injuries (DAIs), which are usually caused by shaking of the brain back and forth.
Broken Bones or Fractures
Soft Tissue Injuries
Internal Organ Injuries
Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Automobile defects – Vehicle manufacturers or suppliers can be responsible for injuries caused by defective parts under product liability actions.
- Mechanics – People who improperly repair cars and cause injuries can be liable.
- Alcohol providers – California Civil Code § 1714 states that “the furnishing of alcoholic beverages is not the proximate cause of injuries resulting from intoxication, but rather the consumption of alcoholic beverages is the proximate cause of injuries inflicted upon another by an intoxicated person.” The code basically absolves all bars and restaurants of legal liability for accidents caused by drunk drivers, but two important exceptions concern accidents caused by drunk drivers who are minors. In these cases, people who provide alcohol to minors at private premises may be liable, and businesses that sell alcohol to minors can also be liable.
It can be difficult for a person to know who a claim should be filed against, which is why it is so imperative that all people seek legal representation in these cases. An experienced car accident attorney in Santa Ana will know how to identify the proper liable party and take appropriate action.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Is California Considered a No-Fault State?
Possible Defendants in a Santa Ana Car Accident Case
Several people in California have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage that covers damages in the event that another driver does not have enough insurance to cover liability obligations. When you work with good Santa Ana car accident lawyers, they can investigate every possible source of payment to fully compensate you for your damages, including pursuing claims against cities or the state for faulty road design, faulty traffic signals, or other forms of negligence by a governmental entity.
Impact of the Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1 establishes that any action for injury to, or for the death of, a person caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another person must be filed within two years of the date of an accident. The time limit is known as the statute of limitations, and people will want to be aware of this aspect because it can impact how their case will be handled.
Types of Compensation for Car Accidents in California
- Medical expenses – Medical bills are one of the most common kinds of damages in these cases, as most people are going to have some expenses relating to their medical care. There are a wide variety of medical bills, too, that can include ambulance transport, emergency care, hospitalization or time in the ICU, surgical procedures, physical therapy, medication, medical equipment, and many more. When a person requires medical care in the future, those costs should also be recoverable as future damages.
- Lost income – People who suffer a severe injury are usually unable to return to work. Even when they are cleared to return to work, their injuries can restrict what they can do. Some people may have to accept lower-paying jobs because of their impairments, and some people may be unable to find work at all. Lost income is intended to compensate people for these issues.
- Non-economic damages – Non-economic damages compensate people for nonpecuniary losses. Common kinds of non-economic damages include pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and inconvenience.
Schedule a Free Consultation with One of Our Car Accident Lawyers in Santa Ana Today
Every single person involved in a car accident is going to want to minimize their personal losses, so most people with injury claims will be facing an uphill fight when trying to recover any compensation for their losses. Hiring Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi Esq., to handle your car accident case will give you the best possible chance of recovering as much as possible in your case.
When you suffered an injury or your loved one is killed in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver in the Santa Ana area, you will want to contact the Orange County law firm of Arash Law, operated by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., for legal representation. Our team of skilled car accident lawyers in Santa Ana will have the resources and personal injury law experience necessary to thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
We will never be afraid to stand up to insurance carriers so you can recover maximum compensation. You can call us today for a free consultation at (888) 488-1391, or you can contact us online.