Monterey Uber Accident Lawyers
- Uber Drivers Are the Same as Any Other Driver
- California Rideshare Laws for Uber Car Accidents
- Who Is Liable for Damages After a Monterey Uber Accident?
- Common Injuries in Uber Accident Cases
- What Damages Are Available for a Monterey Uber Accident Victim?
- What Steps Should I Take After an Uber Accident in Monterey?
- File Your Uber Accident Claim Immediately
Monterey Uber Accident Lawyers Here To Make It Right, When You’ve Been Wronged
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in an Uber accident, whether you were the driver, passenger, or pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Accident victims may face challenges in receiving compensation because of the complex nature of Uber accident cases. You need an experienced Monterey Uber accident lawyer to assist you through the accident claim process.
The legal team at Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has decades of experience representing injured Californians. We have successfully helped our clients receive more than $500 Million in compensation for their injuries. We know how to win against Uber’s insurance companies, and want to help you, too. Contact us at (888) 488-1391 or via online chat to schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation.
A farm worker, suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries resulting from an auto accident where the defendant driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Uber Drivers Are the Same as Any Other Driver
- Drivers must have a valid California driver’s license or a valid driver’s license from another state.
- Drivers cannot be registered sex offenders.
- Drivers cannot be convicted of misdemeanor assault or battery, domestic violence, or a DUI charge for alcohol or drugs.
- California law requires Uber to disclose to its drivers the insurance it carries on their behalf. The company must also inform drivers of the insurance policy limits.
- California law requires Uber to carry a policy for drivers with a limit of at least $1,000,000.
- Uber must provide written notice to their drivers that the driver’s personal comprehensive and collision coverage will not apply if the accident happened while the driver was logged into the Uber app.
- A driver’s personal liability insurance will not cover damages if their insurance policy does not specifically cover the driver’s activity as an Uber driver.
- The applicable Uber insurance policy must include uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage with policy limits of at least $1,000,000.
- Uber insurance coverage applies from the minute the rideshare driver accepts a ride until the ride is completed.
Who Is Liable for Damages After a Monterey Uber Accident?
Uber accident cases are complex because there are usually multiple insurance companies responsible for paying for the victim’s losses and damages. Where responsibility falls depends on the circumstances surrounding your actual collision.
Your accident Monterey Uber accident lawyer will carefully evaluate the facts of your case to accurately help determine potential liability. Common factors attorneys consider when determining insurance liability include the following:
- The cause of the accident
- Whether you were the rideshare driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, or another driver or passenger in another vehicle
- Whether the Uber driver was on duty at the time of the crash
Common Injuries in Uber Accident Cases
Traumatic Brain Injury
Spinal Cord Injuries
Head and Back Injuries
What Damages Are Available for a Monterey Uber Accident Victim?
Each case is unique, so the available damages vary depending on the facts of your case. While Uber does carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy, Uber insurance covers very limited situations. Therefore, it is crucial to speak to Monterey injury lawyers experienced in Uber accidents to learn your rights after a crash.
A well-qualified Monterey Uber accident lawyer is the best first step in getting the compensation you need to recover after a traffic accident.
- The cost of current and future medical bills.
- Current and future lost income.
- Loss of earning capacity.
- Property damage.
An experienced Uber accident lawyer in Monterey can be helpful to you as you try to identify all losses suffered and determine fault.
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished quality of life
Punitive damages are unique because they are not awarded to repay the victim for the losses sustained from the accident. California law allows an award of punitive damages in limited circumstances. Under California law, a judge or jury may award punitive damages if the defendant is guilty of oppression, malice, or fraud.
If the ridesharing company, the Uber driver, or others involved in the accident acted willfully negligent, punitive damages may be available. To discuss the availability of punitive, contact an experienced Monterey Uber accident attorney.
What Steps Should I Take After an Uber Accident in Monterey?
- Call law enforcement.
- Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and any property damage.
- Record the names, contact information, and insurance information of each driver.
- Gather the names of eyewitnesses and record the details they share.
- Get prompt medical attention. Do not delay getting medical care even if you do not think that your injuries are serious.
- Contact an experienced Monterey Uber accident lawyer.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
File Your Uber Accident Claim Immediately
First, be mindful of the applicable statute of limitations in car crash cases. A statute of limitations is a deadline created by state law that limits the amount of time an injury victim has to either settle their claim or file a lawsuit. In California, the statute of limitations for settling or filing a lawsuit after an Uber accident is two years.
Contact a local Monterey Uber accident lawyer before the insurance company contacts you. Insurance companies are cut-throat, and their sole focus is maximizing profits. One insurance company tactic is offering a quick settlement resolution at the beginning of the case. These initial offers are usually insufficient and do not cover your losses. Having legal counsel can help you avoid insurance company tactics that are detrimental to your case.
Keep in mind that small mistakes can have big consequences. Talking to a Monterey injury attorney who’s experienced in Uber accidents quickly after a crash can help you avoid some common mistakes accident victims make in the aftermath of a crash.
- Speaking to an insurance adjuster before consulting with an attorney
- Oversharing on social media
- Agreeing to give a written or recorded statement
- Downplaying their injuries
- Settling their case before completing medical treatment
- Representing themselves during negotiations, depositions, or at trial
- Failing to name every potentially responsible party as a defendant in a lawsuit
- Failing to serve each defendant properly
- Failing to respond to a motion filed by another party
- Failing to respond to correspondence promptly
Contact Our Award-Winning Monterey Uber Accident Law Firm For a Free Consultation!
There is no reason for you to attempt resolving your claim alone. The lawyers at Arash Law by Arash Khorsandi, Esq. are here for you. Whatever the cause of the accident, whether it be driver fatigue, negligence, or some other cause, we are here to protect your rights.
Start creating your legal team today. The Monterey Uber accident lawyers at Arash Law, under the leadership of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., have decades of experience handling accident cases, including Uber traffic crashes. We want to help you, too. Contact us at (888) 488-1391 or via online chat to schedule a free no-obligation case evaluation.