California Charter Plane Crash Attorneys
- PAY NOTHING UPFRONT
- OVER $400 MILLION RECOVERED
- ZERO-FEES UNTIL WE WIN
California Charter Plane Crash Attorney
If you have suffered injuries in a plane crash, you have legal rights that you must protect. A charter plane crash attorney can help you file a personal injury claim and get fair compensation for all your injuries and losses.
An airplane accident attorney will also handle the paperwork so that you can focus on making the best recovery possible from your injuries. You don’t have to look far to find the best charter plane crash attorneys in California.
Our dedicated charter plane crash attorneys fight hard for plane crash victims. Learn more about the reasons why chartered planes crash, the compensation victims can recover for plane crash injuries, and how family members can file wrongful death claims in fatal aviation accidents.
The Reasons Why Chartered Planes Crash
There are many reasons why things go wrong on chartered plane rides. The person (or company) who was negligent also has the responsibility to compensate you for your losses. For this reason, it is important to work with an experienced charter plane crash lawyer who knows how to prove what went wrong and who is at fault for the crash.
Here are some of the most common causes of charter plane crashes:
Pilot error is a major cause of small plane crashes. Both John Denver and John F. Kennedy, Jr. were involved in fatal accidents when they made errors while piloting their small planes. More recently, LA’s own Kobe Bryant was also killed in a chartered helicopter crash because the pilot decided to fly in poor visibility. These are just a few of the most famous examples of pilot error.
A pilot on any chartered aircraft – large or small – can make errors that endanger the lives of their passengers. This fact is why it is so critical that pilots be held accountable for errors they cause while in flight.
Employers are generally liable for any negligence their employees commit while on the job. This type of liability is known as “vicarious liability.” A company can also be liable for its negligence, which is known as “direct liability.” Chartered flight companies can be directly negligent when they fail to properly inspect and maintain their aircraft.
These business owners can also be liable for negligent hiring unqualified pilots or letting a pilot with a poor safety record continue to transport paying customers. And unlike business owners who sell pencils or towels, they can kill customers with their negligence. This risk is why it is important to hold chartered flight companies accountable for any negligence on the ground or in the air.
The FAA has very strict and clear guidelines for the safe operation of any passenger aircraft. Pilots can face discipline for even minor infractions because the FAA discourages any violations of its safety rules. An FAA violation is very persuasive evidence in an injury claim arising from a charter plane accident.
Pilots know these rules, and they have a legal obligation to follow them. You do not have to prove an FAA violation to win your personal injury case. Evidence of discipline or investigation by the FAA can, however, be very persuasive evidence to a jury.
Like auto manufacturers, plane manufacturers have a legal obligation to sell safe vehicles for travel. Manufacturers of defective planes (or defective parts within the plane) can be held liable for the injuries they cause. This type of liability is known as “product liability.” Sometimes a product’s liability claim will be just one part of a complicated case.
If, for example, there was a defective part, but the pilot chose to fly anyway with the knowledge that there was a defective part, there could be both a product liability claim against the manufacturer and a negligence claim against the pilot. A charter plane crash attorney knows how to work with experts to prove who, exactly, is at fault for your accident. An airplane accident attorney can attempt to prove negligence, and a charter plane crashes attorney can also prove when charter companies, plane owners, or aviation manufacturers are at fault.
Settlement in a Wrongful Death Motor Vehicle Accident – largest Wrongful Death Settlement in Monterey County in 2020 – Top 20 Wrongful Death Settlement in California for 2020.– Judd Ross Allen
The Compensation You Are Entitled To
You are entitled to compensation for all of the losses you suffer due to plane crash injuries. If you have never had to deal with an insurance claim before, you may not know all the losses for which you can recover compensation. It can also be difficult to prove intangible losses. Insurance companies know this.
They have trained claims adjusters who try to pay as little as possible on claims, and they have armies of attorneys to defend lowball settlement offers. You need someone fighting on your side. An experienced charter plane crash attorney will be able to document and prove all the losses you have suffered.
Here are some of the most common areas of compensation in a charter plane crash case:
- Medical Bills – Plane crashes can lead to serious injuries. A negligent defendant must pay for all the medical bills victims incurred as a result of the accident. These costs often include emergency care (such as ambulance and emergency room bills), inpatient hospitalization and surgeries, and follow-up care with your primary care doctor (and any specialists who your primary care physician recommends you see).
Medical bills also include pain management services, physical therapy, chiropractic care, and any other ongoing treatment you require due to your injuries. You are also entitled to compensation for medical bills you will have to pay in the future. Your injury lawyer will work with economists and medical experts to project the cost of your future medical care.
- Lost Wages – You are likely to miss some time from work as a result of a plane crash. If your injuries are minor, this might just be a few days of work or a few hours lost for medical appointments. Serious injuries can keep you out of work for weeks while you are in the hospital or recovering from surgery. And in the most serious cases, a person is unable to return to work at all.
Whatever your situation, you have the right to be compensated for all the time you miss from work because of your injuries. You also have the right to be compensated for future lost income if you are unable to go back to work or if you have to accept lower pay to accommodate your injuries (for example, by working part-time).
- Property Damage – In a car accident, a victim can often recover compensation for the damage a negligent driver causes to their car. This type of claim is a property damage claim. In a plane crash, you do not have a vehicle, but you do have other personal items that could sustain damage in the accident.
Consider the valuable possessions that come with you whenever you travel: jewelry, electronics, wedding rings, and the like. If these items are damaged or lost in a plane crash, you are entitled to compensation for them.
- Pain and Suffering – Pain and suffering is often the largest component in a personal injury award. It is also the most difficult to prove, and for these reasons, insurance companies love to attack its value. The claims adjuster might say that your injuries weren’t “that bad” or that awards in similar cases have been less than yours. Remember, they are on the other side. You are entitled to compensation for all your intangible losses, including:
- The physical pain of your injuries
- The emotional suffering you endure (for example, PTSD or a phobia of planes)
- Being unable to participate in hobbies you enjoyed
- A lost sense of pride in your career (if you are unable to work)
- The emotional toll your injuries take on your relationships with family and friends
- The loss of enjoyment of life you experience because of your injuries
- Ongoing discomfort (for example, losing sleep because you are in pain)
- Being unable to participate in graduations, weddings, and other major life events
- Being unable to pick up your children
A charter plane crash attorney knows how to prove the losses you have suffered due to someone else’s negligence. Arash Law’s charter plane accident attorneys led by Arash Khorsandi work to prove the value of your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. We also work with economists and other financial experts to prove the value of your future losses.
Call us Today to Speak with a California Charter Plane Crash Attorney
You could spend hours searching online for a “charter plane crash attorney” near you but our firm is the best charter plane accident law firm in California. Our charter plane accident attorneys have decades of experience. We have collected over 400 million dollars for clients all across the Golden State.
Our experienced legal team is close by, wherever you live in California. Our California injury lawyers serve clients in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Riverside, San Jose, San Diego, Sacramento, Sherman Oaks, and throughout the state. Call (888) 488-1391 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.