Fremont Truck Accident Lawyers
You Can Trust our Fremont Truck Accident Lawyers To Get You The Money You Deserve
A simple act of negligence can lead to something as catastrophic as a truck accident. If you find yourself in such a tragedy in Fremont, you have Arash Law to turn to. Our Fremont truck accident lawyers are here to support you as you go through the legal process to recover damages. Contact us today at (888) 488-1391, and let us help you find justice. Your focus should be on healing, and we’ll handle the rest.
Located near Interstate 680 and Interstate 880, Fremont provides convenient access to the Bay Area and beyond. The city is well-known for its excellent public schools and 1,224 acres of well-maintained parks and recreational facilities. Among the coolest places to visit are Lake Elizabeth in Central Park, Ardenwood Farm, Niles Canyon Railway, and Mission San Jose.
If you have suffered an injury in a truck accident in Fremont because of someone else’s fault, you should not be forced to shoulder your own recovery process. Arash Khorsandi, Esq. and his team of Fremont truck accident attorneys are prepared to take up your case and seek justice from the negligent parties. Having recovered over $500 Million in settlement awards for our clients, our team will get you the compensation you are owed.
Does v. California Farm (confidential) –settlement for a group of farmworkers who were killed when the car they were transported in to work flipped over in Merced County.– BENNY KHORSANDI
Truck Accident Statistics in California
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has determined that large trucks are more likely to be involved in fatal multi-vehicle crashes than single-vehicle crashes.
The following are some of their key findings:
- In 2021, almost 5,800 people died in crashes with large trucks, which is a 17% jump from the recorded 4,945 deaths in 2020.
- 72% of those killed in large-truck crashes were passengers or drivers of other vehicles.
- 78% of those deadly large-truck accidents happened on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 5:59 p.m.
- A total of 3% of large-truck drivers involved in fatal accidents had blood alcohol concentrations of 0.08 grams per deciliter or higher, much less than the percentage of drivers of motorcycles, passenger cars, and light trucks.
- Truck drivers who were involved in fatal crashes in 2021 had a higher percentage (20.8%) of previous crashes than drivers of motorcycles (19.9%), passenger cars (18.2%), and light trucks (17.2%).
- In 2021, large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes were less likely to have had their licenses suspended or revoked (6.5%) than drivers of other vehicle types (motorcycles, 16.8%, passenger cars, 14.2%, and light trucks, 11.2%).
Common Truck-Related Accidents in Fremont, CA
The increasing number of trucks on the roads and traffic congestion raises worries about safety. At Arash Law, our trusted truck accident attorneys in Fremont can help identify the underlying reasons behind your incident and identify any negligence involved.
- Rear-end Collisions – Occur when a smaller vehicle crashes into the back of a big truck, often due to sudden stops or tailgating.
- Jackknife Accidents – Happen when a truck’s trailer swings out to form a 90-degree angle with the cab, often due to rapid deceleration or slippery road conditions.
- Underride Collisions – Involve a smaller vehicle sliding under the rear or side of a big truck, usually resulting in severe damage or fatalities.
- Rollover Accidents – Big trucks are prone to tipping over, especially in sharp turns or when maneuvering at high speeds, posing a significant threat to nearby vehicles.
- Side-impact Collisions – Occur when a vehicle crashes into the side of a big truck, often at intersections or when merging, leading to serious injuries for the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- Blind Spot Accidents – Big trucks have extensive blind spots where smaller vehicles may be hidden from the driver’s view, increasing the risk of collisions during lane changes or merging.
Injuries Reported in Truck Accidents in Fremont, CA
Occupants of passenger cars tend to suffer the most severe injuries in a large truck collision. Among the many injuries sustained in truck accidents are:
- Head or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Severe head trauma impacting cognitive functions.
- Broken bones – Fractures commonly occur in limbs due to truck accidents.
- Internal bleeding or organ damage – Injuries affecting internal organs or causing bleeding.
- Whiplash – Neck injury from sudden, forceful movement in a collision.
- Burns – Injuries resulting from exposure to fire or hot surfaces.
- Psychological problems, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – Mental health issues following the traumatic event.
- Back and neck injuries – Spinal injuries impacting the back or neck region.
- Lacerations – Deep cuts or tears in the skin.
- Paralysis – Loss of motor function in parts of the body.
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises – Minor injuries to the skin and soft tissues.
- Wrongful death – Fatality caused by the truck accident.
What To Do After A Truck Accident in Fremont, CA
Truck accidents are among the most violent accidents one can experience on the road. It frequently results in a severe and tragic result, especially for those directly impacted.
After the accident, it’s important for victims to understand the necessary steps to protect their rights and possibly obtain financial compensation.
- Get medical help – Even if you feel okay, see a doctor immediately. Some injuries don’t show up immediately. Having proper medical records is crucial for a personal injury claim.
- Report the incident – Contact the county sheriff’s office, city police, or local law enforcement about the crash. Their report is important for your claim.
- Document the accident – Take pictures of the scene, injuries, skid marks, and car damage. Get names, contacts, and insurance info from witnesses or involved parties. Keep all medical documents and bills related to the accident.
- Consult Arash Law’s Fremont truck accident lawyers – Insurance companies care more about their interests. Hiring one of Arash Law’s Fremont truck accident attorneys ensures your rights are protected, and you receive fair compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
Elements of Negligence in Truck Accidents
The law requires that the actions of the driver meet specific criteria for the victim to hold them responsible for the harm they caused. Considering the complexity of truck accident cases, having one of the best Fremont truck accident lawyers at Arash Law is important.
In order to prove negligence in a personal injury case, the following four factors must be proven:
- Duty of Care – Establishing negligence in Fremont truck accidents requires demonstrating that the truck driver owed a duty of care to others on the road.
- Breach of Duty – Show that the truck driver breached their duty of care through actions like speeding, distracted driving, or violating traffic laws.
- Causation – Prove a direct link between the truck driver’s breach of duty and the accident, indicating that their actions were a substantial factor in causing harm.
- Damages – Confirm the existence of actual damages, such as personal injuries or property damage, resulting from the truck accident, highlighting the impact of the negligence.
What Evidence Do Our Fremont Lawyers Need To Prove Negligence In Truck Accidents?
Obtaining financial compensation for your injuries or damages requires the help of one of Arash Law’s Fremont truck accident lawyers.
Evidence that can be used to prove negligence in truck accidents includes the following:
- Accident Reports – Obtain official accident reports from law enforcement detailing the truck accident circumstances.
- Witness Statements – Collect statements from witnesses who observed the accident, providing firsthand accounts of the events leading to the incident.
- Photographic Evidence – Gather photographs of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and any relevant road conditions to support your case visually.
- Surveillance Footage – Seek any available surveillance footage from nearby cameras that may have captured the truck driver’s actions leading up to the accident.
- Driver Records – Obtain the truck driver’s records, including driving history, logbooks, and any past violations, to establish a pattern of behavior.
- Maintenance Records – Review maintenance records for the truck involved to determine if mechanical failures or lack of maintenance contributed to the accident.
- Cell Phone Records – Obtain records to check for distracted driving, such as texting or calling, which can contribute to proving negligence.
- Traffic Violation Citations – Present any citations issued to the truck driver related to the accident, indicating breaches of traffic laws.
- Medical Records – If injuries occur, provide medical records documenting the extent of harm suffered as a result of the accident.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Truck Accident Case?
May also be awarded if it is proven that the negligent party acted with malice and willful disregard for the rights of others.
April 2019: $14M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a defective piece of equipment at a factory.– BRIAN BEECHER
How Much Is The Value Of My Truck Accident Claim?
The following factors will determine the value of your case:
- Your physical and emotional pain
- The severity of your injuries,
- How the injuries will impact your life,
- The cost of your medical care and out-of-pocket expenses,
- Your lost wages
- Other quantifiable damages brought on directly by the accident
When dealing with insurance companies after a truck accident, setting realistic expectations is important. Don’t assume that the insurance company will simply hand over a fair check without any effort on your part. In order to receive proper compensation, our team of experienced Fremont truck accident lawyers will accurately assess your case’s value.
Truck Accident Statute of Limitations in Fremont, CA
In Fremont, you have a two-year window to initiate a personal injury lawsuit following a truck collision that resulted in injuries. While this might appear to be a substantial timeframe, it’s important not to underestimate the complexities involved in investigating a truck accident.
Gathering evidence to construct your case and establishing liability for the incident will require significant time. Consequently, consulting with Arash Law’s Fremont truck accident lawyers at the earliest convenience is advisable.
Consult with The Leading Truck Accident Lawyers Fremont Trusts Today!
Along with extensive knowledge of the relevant laws, our Fremont truck accident lawyers have the experience and dedication to take on the challenges of pursuing your right to compensation. With more than three decades of combined legal experience and a proven track record of success, Arash Law truck accident lawyers in Fremont can undoubtedly help you with your legal case.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, contact our firm at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation with one of our Fremont truck accident attorneys. We serve victims throughout Fremont and its neighboring cities and towns, including Newark, Union City, Milpitas, Fairview, Hayward, Pleasanton, East Palo Alto, Cherryland, Castro Valley, Palo Alto, San Lorenzo, Ashland, Dublin, Mountain View, and Menlo Park.