Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyers
Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyers Dedicated ToFinding A Solution For You And Your Family
If you were injured somewhere in the city of Santa Monica, whether at home, on the road, or in a public space, our Santa Monica personal injury lawyers are here to help! We’ve recovered over $500 million for injury clients across the sunny state of California. Call us at (888) 488-1391 for a free, no-obligation consultation,
The city of Santa Monica is one of the most famous coastal communities in Los Angeles. Santa Monica Bay is one of the most stunning waterfront areas in southern California. Santa Monica was an idyllic getaway for the famous during the early part of the twentieth century.
Residential and commercial development helped Santa Monica become a haven for wealthy celebrities. Today it attracts tourists from all over the country who enjoy exploring the Santa Monica pier and other landmarks throughout the city.
Approximately 89,000 residents call Santa Monica home. Some of the largest oceanfront homes are located along the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica. Also, the city of Santa Monica is close to Venice, Mar Vista, West L.A., Brentwood, and Pacific Palisades. Many long-term residents enjoy living in Santa Monica due to its close proximity to the popular cities in the greater Los Angeles area.
Many people suffer personal injuries during automobile accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bicycle accidents in Santa Monica. Some of these accidents cause individuals to suffer serious bodily injury or death. Suffering personal injuries can be frightening, and it can be frustrating to think that the person who caused your injuries will not suffer any consequences. However, you have the legal right to seek financial compensation for your injuries.
A Santa Monica personal injury lawyer can help you understand how to gather evidence that will substantiate your claims. Medical bills, lost earnings, and financial insecurity can make recovering from your injuries extremely stressful. By retaining a personal injury lawyer, you can stand up for your legal rights and pursue monetary compensation for your injuries.
The party who caused your injuries likely had automobile liability insurance. The liable party’s insurance company may attempt to deny or delay the payment of your insurance claim. Also, an insurance company will offer you a low settlement offer that will not fully compensate you for your injuries.
If you have a good Santa Monica personal injury lawyer on your side, you are more likely to have more fruitful negotiations with an insurance company. If you obtain legal representation, you will have a more comprehensive understanding of the legal options available to you.
Settlement in a slip and fall case versus Jiffy Lube; client suffered spinal injuries– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Accidents in Santa Monica
From 2006 to 2016, the Santa Monica Police Department documented approximately 280 fatal accidents and accidents involving serious bodily injuries. Every year, nearly one hundred automobile accidents involving bodily injuries happened from 2001 to 2012. A large number of injuries in Santa Monica affect bicyclists and pedestrians.
However, pedestrians suffer bodily injuries during accidents in Santa Monica. One person died in 2017 crossing Santa Monica Boulevard while exercising. The individual responsible for causing the individual’s death was not intoxicated at the time of the accident. During the same year, five pedestrians died in pedestrian accidents involving automobiles. It can be difficult to determine who is responsible for causing a victim’s injuries. Therefore, retaining a Santa Monica personal injury lawyer can help you determine which parties may be liable for your injuries.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Santa Monica
If you need to learn more about your legal rights, you need to speak to a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Santa Monica. By consulting a legal professional, you can obtain reliable information you can use to make informed decisions about your legal rights. You may not have experience retaining personal injury lawyer, but you should not be intimidated by the prospect of having a personal injury lawyer represent you. While you are recovering from your injuries, a personal injury lawyer can handle every aspect of your personal injury case.
Insurance companies will be more likely to offer a reasonable settlement amount if you can demonstrate that you are serious about enforcing your legal rights. Having a personal injury lawyer on your side can communicate to the insurance company that you will not accept a low settlement. An experienced Santa Monica personal injury lawyer can help you gather documentary evidence, such as photographs, videos, and witness statements, that will help you substantiate your legal claims.
Finding the Right Personal Injury Lawyers in Santa Monica
Many insurance company representatives will attempt to convince you that a low settlement is the best chance you have of obtaining financial compensation for your injuries. Such an assertion is not the case. A personal injury lawyer in Santa Monica can negotiate with the insurance company representatives and prepare for trial to let the insurance company know that you will not be placated with a low settlement.
Obtaining Medical Treatment for Your Injuries
A skilled Santa Monica personal injury lawyer can help you find doctors and medical specialists who can treat you for your injuries. Also, you may need to have your injuries diagnosed by an experienced physician.
You may not have the financial means to pay for all the medical treatment you need after suffering injuries during an accident. A personal injury lawyer can help you seek financial compensation from the liable party’s insurance company so you can pay your medical expenses.
Settlement Negotiations with Insurance Companies
A settlement demand package will contain the evidence you use to substantiate your claims. Higher settlement offers are typically associated with more comprehensive demand packages. Every case is unique, but in general, a strong demand package will benefit settlement negotiations. A qualified personal injury lawyer from Santa Monica can put together a strong case strategy on your behalf.
Settlements and Pre-Litigation
After receiving a settlement check, a Santa Monica personal injury lawyer will negotiate with medical providers to lower the amount of your medical treatment. By doing so, you will pay less out of your settlement proceeds. Lien negotiators can help you avoid overpaying for your medical treatment.
Initiating a Civil Lawsuit
You do not have to accept a low settlement offer because you do not want to engage in litigation. Having a skilled Santa Monica personal injury lawyer advocate for you means that you can focus on healing from your injuries. You do not have to deal with voluminous paperwork and court deadlines.
Depositions and Discovery
Many people find depositions intimidating and stressful. Although they can last up to seven hours, they are essentially a conversation during which one party attempts to learn information from another party or witness. If a case does not settle before trial, depositions can be used to impeach witnesses at trial. Insurance companies may be willing to use alternative dispute resolution to resolve the case. Mediation and arbitration are two of the most common forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Arbitration and Mediation
The final stage of a civil lawsuit is a jury trial. Jurors are citizens who perform a civic duty as citizens. Judges will typically protect jurors and make sure that they understand their duties. A talented Santa Monica personal injury lawyer will spend time focusing on how to make sure that the jurors understand the most important aspects of your civil case.
Accidents and Serious Bodily Injuries
The following are common injuries that victims suffer during accidents:
- Amputations – Many individuals’ limbs suffered an injury during automobile accidents and other types of accidents. Sometimes these injuries require that the victim’s limbs be amputated. These injuries can cause severe psychological distress and physical impairment. Physical therapy and rehabilitation may be necessary for an amputee to deal with their injuries.
- Severe burns – Accident victims are often burned during automobile accidents. Also, defective products and workplace injuries commonly cause severe burns. Skin grafts, surgeries, and other forms of treatment are necessary to help victims recover from burn injuries. Under most circumstances, burns may become infected and cause disfigurement and scarring.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis – Spinal cord injuries may occur during automobile accidents and other types of accidents. The spinal cord can suffer an injury during many different scenarios. Gunshot wounds and automobile accidents can both cause an injured victim to suffer paralysis. Permanent disability may cause injured victims to require extensive medical care for the remainder of their lives.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Many different types of accidents can cause traumatic brain injuries. Motorcycle accident victims, pedestrian accident victims, and automobile accident victims may all suffer traumatic brain injuries. Oftentimes, helmets do not prevent victims from suffering traumatic brain injuries. Some of the symptoms associated with traumatic brain injuries include personality changes, loss of memory, and an inability to function in daily life. A traumatic brain injury may affect a victim for the rest of their life.
Personal Injury Cases in Santa Monica
Personal injury cases may involve many different types of accidents. The following are common accidents related to personal injury cases in Santa Monica:
- Wrongful death – In wrongful death cases, a person dies due to the negligence or recklessness of another party.
- Dog bites – Senior citizens and children are often victims of dog bites. It can be difficult to determine when a dog is likely to attack another person.
- Slip-and-fall – Slip-and-fall cases involve premises liability and often take place in stores, restaurants, and workplaces. Also, many slip-and-fall cases take place in apartment complexes in Santa Monica.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries can occur during automobile accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents. Victims often deal with the effects of a traumatic brain injury for the rest of their lives.
- Severe burn injuries – Severe burns can take months or even years to heal. You can seek financial compensation for these injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries often occur during automobile accidents. Drivers and passengers may suffer temporary or permanent disability due to spinal cord injuries.
- Train accident injuries – Passengers aboard a train may suffer personal injuries under many different circumstances.
- Airplane accident injuries – Airplane accidents are rare, but passengers can still suffer injuries during many different types of airplane accidents. Private planes, chartered planes, corporate planes, and commercial planes are some of the types of planes on which people suffer personal injuries.
- Scooter injuries – Electric scooters can be dangerous due to manufacturing defects or design defects. These accidents may give rise to products liability cases.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians can suffer injuries any time they are exposed to automobiles and other vehicles. Many pedestrian accident victims suffer serious bodily injuries or death.
- Turo accidents – Vehicle-sharing platforms may give rise to different types of accidents.
- Uber accidents – Accidents involving Rideshare companies can involve many different types of insurance policies. If you were a passenger or driver involved in an accident with a Rideshare company, you need to be informed of your legal rights.
- Motorcycle accidents – Suffering personal injuries during a motorcycle accident can be a devastating experience. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand which parties may be liable for your injuries.
Truck Accidents – Truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries. You may have suffered injuries due to the negligence of an employee. In this case, the employer may be liable for your injuries.
- Bus accidents – Many different types of buses may be involved in accidents that cause personal injuries. Private buses, school buses, and public transit buses may all be liable in different types of bus accident cases.
- Defective products – Manufacturing defects and design defects may cause a user to suffer personal injuries. The manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer may all be liable in products liability cases.
- Boating accidents – Boating accidents often involve inexperienced operators or intoxicated operators. Suffering personal injuries during a boating accident can be devastating. Spinal cord injuries and neck fractures are common during boating accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents and bicycle accidents – Motorcyclists and bicyclists may be struck by automobiles. These types of causes often cause serious bodily injury or death.
- Premises accidents – Owners and occupiers of land must keep the land safe for licensees and invitees. If you were a trespasser, you may or may not have a legal claim against the property owner. A proficient and aggressive Santa Monica personal injury lawyer can assess the facts of your case and inform you of your legal rights.
- Automobile accidents – Negligence is the core principle involved in automobile accident cases. The four elements of negligence are duty, breach, causation, and damages. To prevail on a negligence claim, you must prove that the other driver breached their duty and this breach caused your injuries.
Seeing a Doctor If You Only Suffered Minor Injuries
The Economic Value of a Personal Injury Case
All personal injury cases are unique. Several different factors can affect the value of any personal injury case. What follows are three of the most important elements that are relevant to evaluating the value of a personal injury case.
Pain and Suffering
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Do Not Post Photographs
Never Accept Friend Requests
Never Discuss Your Legal Claims
Contact Arash Law's Record-Setting Personal Injury Lawyers in Santa Monica
Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., helps injured victims seek financial compensation for their injuries. We have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases. We have recovered over $500 million for clients throughout California. We focus on your case, and we are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies and assert the rights of our clients. Our Santa Monica personal injury lawyers won’t get paid a penny, until you recover your share!
Contact the personal injury lawyers Santa Monica trusts – Arash Law. Call (888) 488-1391 to schedule a free consultation.