Our Oxnard Injury Law Firm Doesn’t Just Win,
We Win Big!
Over 201,000 people live in Oxnard, a famous coastal city in Ventura County. This seaside metropolis is the only deep-harbor commercial shipping port between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Car accidents and injuries are more likely to happen in Oxnard due to the increased volume of cars, trucks, and agricultural vehicles that travel the city’s streets. Get in touch with the most trusted Oxnard injury law firm immediately if you become involved in these terrible incidents.
We at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., are ready to assist you in your fight for the fair compensation you deserve following an accident that was someone else’s fault. Our lawyers provide legal assistance to clients throughout California and are available 24/7 to answer any questions. On behalf of our clients, we have recovered millions of dollars using our personalized, assertive approach.
Our legal team recognizes that no two cases are alike. In addition to using our vast experience to evaluate your case, we also take the time to listen to your story, understand the details of your situation, and provide you with clear guidance and individualized representation tailored to your needs.
Please call us at (888) 488-1391 or contact us online for a free consultation via our “Do I Have a Case?” form.
SM v. Doe Defendant (settled on 10/14/2020) – settlement in a case involving a client who sustained a spinal cord injury and mild traumatic brain injury when he fell off a roof. The team at Arash Law secured an additional $610,000 as part of the third party settlement.– TINA ESHGHIEH
DO YOU HAVE A CASE?
Oxnard, California Accident Statistics
Unintentional injuries, such as accidents, were the third leading-cause of premature death in Ventura County between 2015 and 2017. Thus, even in the quaint coastal neighborhood of Oxnard, there are still significant traffic risks.
According to California Office of Traffic Safety statistics, 1217 victims were killed and injured in Oxnard in 2020. As a result, Oxnard ranks fifth out of all the major cities in California. The analysis further indicated that 149 accidents involved alcohol, 72 involved pedestrians, and 45 involved motorcycles. Speeding was the cause of 165 accidents that resulted in fatalities and injuries, while hit-and-run accidents resulted in 135 accidents.
Common Types of Cases Our Oxnard Injury Law Firm Handles
At Arash Law, under the guidance of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., we have handled cases for victims of all types of accidents, which commonly include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bite injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Elderly abuse
- Slip & Fall accidents
- Uber accidents
- Product liability
- And many more
Who is Legally Responsible for Your Injury?
Types of Damages an Injury Victim in Oxnard Can Recover
These are damages that have been lost, paid, or will be paid in the near future. Often, they are easy to calculate based on the bills you have incurred after the accident. Some common examples include:
- Medication and medical equipment
- Hospital bills
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Cost of ongoing treatment
- Loss or damage to property
- Loss of income or the ability to generate income
This type of damage is intended to compensate accident victims for the emotional cost of their injuries. Unlike economic damages, these include less tangible losses, making them more difficult to calculate. They include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Weakening or disfigurement
- Emotional stress
- Loss of company or partnership
- Negative consequences on quality of life
A victim may be entitled to punitive damages if the responsible party engages in malicious or reckless behavior. Instead of compensating victims for their injuries, punitive damages are meant to punish the defendant and discourage similar behaviors in the future.
In California, juries may award punitive damages if the defendant acted with malice, oppression, or fraud. Whether you will receive damages depends on the details of your claim, how the defendant behaved, and how well your attorney presented your case. Get legal advice from an experienced injury law firm to know your limits.
What to Do After You Are Injured in Oxnard, CA
- Seek immediate medical assistance.
- Call the police and file a report. Ask for a copy of the police report.
- Talk to any witnesses.
- Exchange information with everyone involved. These include:
- Insurance policy
- Name, contact number, and address
- Any information about the vehicle they were driving
- Contact an experienced Oxnard personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
An Overview of the Injury Claim Process
Frequently Asked Questions related to being injured in Oxnard:
How Do I Know if I Need to Hire an Oxnard Personal Injury Law Firm?
- An accident that leads to personal injury or property damage
- Workplace incidents
- Accidents that cause severe, permanent injuries
- Accidents due to negligence
- Accidents with large commercial vehicles
What More Can an Accidents Attorney in Oxnard Do to Strengthen My Injury Claim?
- Collect Evidence: Even seemingly inconsequential evidence may be decisive in establishing fault, causation, or financial loss. In addition to meticulous documentation of the incident, hiring a dedicated Oxnard injury law firm is a smart move. If you want your case to succeed, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible after the incident. This is preferably done right after a medical evaluation.
- Seek Medical Treatment: After an accident, it’s crucial to visit a doctor as soon as possible for a checkup. To prove damages, you need medical records showing the extent of your injuries and your care providers’ recommendations. Second, visiting a doctor as soon as possible will lessen the possibility of disagreement regarding the ideal timing of damage reduction efforts. If you wait too long before getting medical attention, the insurance company may claim you have yet to do everything to limit losses. This may be because your injuries are mild. The insurance company may argue that your injuries are unrelated.
- Contact an Injury Law Firm: Get in touch with a trusted injury law firm if you need assistance navigating the complex claims process. You may also need advice on how to avoid errors that could result in more disagreements, delays, or other issues. It may take months to conclude a personal injury case, but crucial evidence may not be accessible until days or weeks after the incident. If you contact a knowledgeable lawyer immediately, they can gather evidence in your favor.
- Avoid Using Social Media: The last thing you want to do is provide the insurance company with more information to use against your claim. That is exactly what you will be doing if you discuss your injuries, accident, or case online. Some elements of your case may be contested based on your digital content. You should avoid these websites while your case is pending. In addition, you may want to ask your friends and family not to post any photos of you until further notice.
- Listen to Your Doctor: Having to deal with growing medical costs and other expenses while out of work for a long time can be very stressful. You should take your doctor’s advice seriously, even if it means taking time off work and other forms of exercise. Otherwise, you could have to deal with a disagreement over how to lessen the harm.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- Lost Earnings: Have your injuries caused you to miss work? Do your injuries prevent you from doing your job? The settlement sum might reflect these forgone profits. Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., frequently consults with financial and vocational experts to ascertain whether our clients are eligible for lost-wage compensation. It also determines a reasonable settlement amount.
- Treatment Expenses: After an accident, your primary financial concern will be paying for medical care. Medical expenses, including treatment, pain relief, care, therapies, and everything else, can soon become prohibitively expensive. Our lawyers may include the cost of past and future surgeries, diagnostic tests, medications, physiotherapy, orthotics, prostheses, pain medication, and more when determining how much your claim is worth.
- Pain and Discomfort: An injury that results in prolonged suffering and discomfort that extends beyond financial costs can take its toll on your health. Injuries can hinder your regular activities, such as playing with your children, participating in your favorite pastimes, or just sitting back and watching TV with your loved ones. Although there is no universally accepted formula for determining compensation for pain and suffering, attorneys may use various possible approaches.
Hire Oxnard's Top Injury Law Firm! Schedule a Free Consultation with Arash Law Today
We also serve cities near Oxnard, including Ventura and Los Angeles, and other cities within California, including Bakersfield, San Diego, Fresno, Irvine, and Riverside.
We operate on a contingency-fee basis. This means that until we win your case, you won’t have to pay us anything. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We are available 24/7 to cater to your needs. Contact us now at (888) 488-1391 for a free initial consultation!
Get The Latest News from The Best California Accident Law Firm Today
[05-31-2023] Ventura County, CA – Hit-and-Run Car Crash on Gonzales Road in Oxnard Injures One Person
[05-20-2023] Ventura County, CA – Motorcyclist Severely Injured After Motorcycle vs. Vehicle Crash in Oxnard
[05-11-2023] Ventura County, CA – Elderly Woman Fatally Struck by Car in Oxnard
[05-04-2023] Ventura County, CA – 49-Year-Old Pedestrian Severely Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Oxnard
[03-02-2022] Ventura County, CA – Two People Killed After a Two-Vehicle Collision in Oxnard
[02-20-2022] Ventura County, CA – 47-Year-Old Cyclist Killed in Fatal Crash East of Oxnard