Santa Ana Truck Accident Lawyers
- Common Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Accident Attorneys Handle
- Large Truck Accident Stats
- Truck Accident Statute of Limitations in California
- What Causes Truck Accidents?
- Common Truck Accident Injuries
- Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident?
- Damages That Are Claimable in California
- Do You Need A Santa Ana Lawyer After A Truck Accident?
Our Top-Rated Santa Ana Truck Accident Lawyers are Your Trusted Allies After a Trucking Accident
When faced with the unfortunate event of a truck accident resulting in injury or loss of life, the implications can be overwhelming, leaving victims and their families grappling with physical, emotional, and financial burdens. That’s where Arash Law’s skilled and experienced Santa Ana truck accident lawyers step in. Call us today at (888) 488-1391 to schedule a free consultation with one of our award-winning attorneys.
At Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., we deeply understand personal injury law and the complexities surrounding truck accidents. With a proven track record of awards and recognition, we can be your legal partner in pursuing justice and fair compensation for the damages endured. Having recovered over $500 Million for our clients, expect nothing less than the best representation from your initial free consultation to the final settlement.
You don’t have to face the aftermath of a truck accident alone. Let our Santa Ana truck accident lawyers be your strongest advocate, helping you navigate the legal process so you can focus on your recovery and move forward. Don’t wait to take action. Your road to justice starts here with us.
Paz v. Airfax Logistics (settled on 5/26/2020) – settlement in a case involving a client who was involved in a trucking accident and sustained a traumatic brain injury and other trauma.– TINA ESHGHIEH
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Accident Attorneys Handle
When we talk about truck accidents, we refer to commercial vehicles regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FCMSA). This includes a wide range of trucks, including but not limited to:
- Truck-trailer combinations
- Garbage trucks
- Livestock carriers
- Cement mixers
- Utility vehicles
- Box trucks
- Moving trucks
- Dump trucks
- Passenger buses
- Hazardous materials (Hazmat) vehicles
Large Truck Accident Statistics
Large trucks are generally defined as those with gross vehicle weight ratings over 10,000 pounds, excluding buses and motorhomes. A fatal crash involving a large truck occurred 5,700 times in 2021, up 18% from 2020 and 49% over the past ten years. Compared to 2020, the involvement rate for large trucks has increased by 7%, and it has increased by 22% in the last 10 years.
Injuries And Deaths from Truck Accidents
There were 4,998 fatal crashes involving large trucks and buses in 2020, a 5% decrease from 2019. The number of fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled by large trucks and buses decreased by 14% between 2019 and 2020 compared to the 21st-century peak of 0.205 in 2000.
Truck Accident Statute of Limitations in California
Recovering from a truck accident can be a lengthy and challenging physical and emotional process. While your recovery should be your main focus, it’s crucial to be aware of the time limit to seek compensation for your damages. In accordance with California laws, you have a two-year window from the date of the accident to file a personal injury case.
At Arash Law, we understand the importance of acting swiftly in legal matters. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, our team of skilled attorneys will guide you through the process and ensure your rights are protected. Don’t wait until it’s too late – schedule a consultation with our dedicated team at Arash Law as soon as possible to explore your options and seek the compensation you deserve within the two-year time limit. We are committed to fighting for your best interests and helping you on your road to recovery.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
- Overloading – A big rig can weigh more than 30,000 pounds, making it significantly heavier than the average car, which typically weighs around 4,000 pounds. This substantial weight disparity means that trucks require more distance and time to come to a complete stop, leading to longer braking distances and increasing the potential for rear-end collisions.
- Improper Loading of Cargo – If trucks are not loaded correctly, their cargo may shift or slide, leading to accidents. Properly securing the cargo is critical to prevent dangerous situations on the road.
- Improper Maintenance – Failure to properly maintain trucks can result in mechanical failures and accidents.
- Driver Fatigue – Truck drivers often work long hours, leading to fatigue and impaired driving performance.
- Distracted Driving – Engaging in activities like texting or using mobile phones while driving diverts attention from the road and increases accident risks.
- Speeding and Tailgating – Speeding and tailgating can reduce the driver’s ability to react to sudden changes in traffic conditions.
- Driving Under the Influence – Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs poses significant dangers on the road.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
- Back and Neck Injuries (Including Whiplash): The forceful impact in a truck accident can cause strains, sprains, and whiplash, leading to significant pain and discomfort for the victims.
- Spinal Cord Injuries with Possible Paralysis: The spinal cord can be severely damaged in truck accidents, resulting in partial or complete paralysis, profoundly affecting the victim’s quality of life.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: The head may sustain significant trauma during a truck accident, leading to traumatic brain injuries that can have long-term cognitive and physical consequences.
- Open Head Wounds: In some cases, the impact may cause open head wounds requiring immediate medical attention and leading to permanent scarring.
- Burn Injuries: Truck accidents can lead to fires and explosions, causing severe burn injuries to the victims, which often require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Amputation Injuries or Disfigurement: The force of the collision can result in severe limb injuries, sometimes requiring amputation, or cause disfigurement that impacts the victim’s self-esteem and mental well-being.
- Internal Bleeding or Internal Organ Damage: The internal impact in a truck accident can lead to internal bleeding or damage to organs, which may not always be immediately apparent but can have serious health consequences.
- Lacerations or Puncture Wounds: Sharp objects or debris in a truck accident can cause lacerations or puncture wounds, requiring medical attention and potential long-term scarring.
- Broken and Dislocated Bones: The force of the collision can cause bones to break or dislocate, leading to pain, limited mobility, and the need for extensive medical treatment.
Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident?
- The Owner of the Truck: If the truck is owned by an individual or a company, they may bear responsibility for the accident.
- The Truck Driver: The driver’s actions or negligence can contribute to the cause of the accident, making them potentially liable.
- The Manufacturer of Defective Tires, Brakes, or Other Parts: If the accident resulted from defective truck parts, the manufacturer or supplier may be held accountable.
- The Company that Designed The Road: Poor road design can be a contributing factor to accidents, leading to potential liability for the entity responsible for designing the road.
- The Owner of The Trailer: If the truck was hauling a trailer owned by someone else, the trailer’s owner might share liability.
- The Trucking Company: If the driver is employed by a trucking company, they may be held responsible for the driver’s actions and training.
- The Warehouse that Loaded The Truck: Improperly loaded cargo can cause accidents, making the loading warehouse potentially liable.
- The Shop that Maintained The Truck: Negligence in truck maintenance can lead to accidents, with the maintenance shop being held accountable.
- The City that Maintained The Road: Government entities responsible for road maintenance may be liable if their negligence contributes to the accident.
Other parties that might be involved as defendants in a truck accident lawsuit include:
- Additional Drivers on The Road: If another driver’s actions contributed to the accident, they may be liable.
- Crashed Truck and Tow Truck: In multi-vehicle accidents, the drivers of other involved trucks and tow trucks may also be liable.
Determining liability in a truck accident can be complex, but with the expertise of a skilled personal injury attorney from Arash Law, you can build a strong case to seek the compensation you deserve. Our team is dedicated to investigating the accident thoroughly and identifying all responsible parties to guarantee the maximum compensation you need to recover from the accident’s impact.
Damages that Are Claimable in California
If you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries or death in a truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you have the legal right to seek compensation for your losses. Our Santa Ana truck accident attorneys can provide assistance in such cases. Under California state law, individuals may be eligible for financial recoveries for the following damages:
- Medical Costs and Treatment: You can seek reimbursement for all medical expenses related to the injuries sustained in the truck accident, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, chiropractic care, and ongoing medical care.
- Loss of Future Income and Wages: If the injuries lead to long-term disability or prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of future income and wages.
- Mental Suffering: Truck accidents can have severe psychological impacts. You may be eligible to receive compensation for the emotional distress and mental suffering experienced due to the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation can be sought for the physical pain and suffering endured as a result of the injuries.
- Property Damage: If your vehicle or personal property was damaged in the accident, you can pursue compensation for the repairs or replacement in autobody repair shops.
- Loss of Companionship: In cases of wrongful death, surviving family members may seek compensation for the loss of companionship and the emotional toll of losing a loved one.
- Reduced Benefits: If the injuries result in reduced or lost employee benefits, you may be entitled to compensation for the diminished benefits.
- Inheritance Loss: Family members may seek compensation for the loss of inheritance the deceased would have provided.
- Funeral Costs: In cases of wrongful death, funeral expenses can be covered as part of the compensation.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Do You Need A Santa Ana Lawyer After A Truck Accident?
Obtain All Evidence of The Accident
Ensure a Thorough Medical Evaluation
Effective Negotiation for Maximum Compensation
Preparation for Trial if Necessary
Call The Skilled Truck Accident Attorneys Santa Ana Turns To For Help
After experiencing a truck accident, many injured individuals find themselves unsure of their next steps. At Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., our adept truck accident lawyers in Santa Ana understand the overwhelming nature of such situations. We are here to provide the support and guidance needed to ease this burden.
Truck accidents involving all types of trucks like 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, or moving trucks, are notorious for causing severe injuries or even fatalities. If you have been involved in a truck accident or lost a loved one due to such injuries, the path to achieving the compensation you rightfully deserve may seem uncertain. However, our skilled Santa Ana truck accident lawyers are here to assist you throughout the daunting process.
With our dedication, expertise, and a proven track record of successfully recovering $500 Million in settlements and awards, we will fight relentlessly to seek justice and compensation for your suffering. Our commitment is unwavering as we strive to ensure you receive the reparation you deserve.