Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyers
- Why People Need Car Accident Lawyers
- Proving Liability After a Car Accident in Carlsbad
- The Value of Hiring a Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer
- Are You Allowed to Represent Yourself in a Car Accident Case?
- How Car Accident Lawyers Evaluate Their Cases
- How Contingency Fees Work for Personal Injury Lawyers
- Types of Carlsbad Car Accident Injuries
- Common Kinds of Carlsbad Car Accidents
- Road Safety Tips in Carlsbad
- Car Accident Statistics in California
- Common Causes of Car Accidents in Carlsbad
- Compensation for Car Accidents
- Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit When a Person Contributed to an Accident
- Damages in California Car Accident Lawsuits
EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS in CarlsbadTurning Injuries Into Victories
Carlsbad is in the North County region of San Diego County, California. The city is 35 miles north of downtown San Diego and 87 miles south of downtown Los Angeles. It is home to Legoland California Resort and is also only about a half-hour from SeaWorld San Diego.
The 2020 United States census reported that the population of Carlsbad was 115,302. The city is predominantly white, with 79.7 percent of residents being white, 15.5 percent being Hispanic or Latino, 9.1 percent being Asian, and 7.0 percent being two or more races. Only 1.1 percent were Black.
Interstate 5 (I-5) is the main north–south Interstate Highway on the West Coast that runs mainly parallel to the Pacific Ocean, beginning in the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the busiest land border crossing in the Western Hemisphere, and terminating on the Peace Arch Border Crossing on the Canadian border. I-5 runs right through Carlsbad, which makes the thoroughfare an exceptionally common location for car accidents.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a car accident in Carlsbad, California? If you have been involved in an automobile wreck, you should contact the skilled Carlsbad car accident lawyers at Arash Law, spearheaded by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., as soon as possible.
A farm worker, suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries resulting from an auto accident where the defendant driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Why People Need Car Accident Lawyers
- The insurance company will not be looking out for you. – In car accident cases, insurers’ only motivation will be to maintain high profits, which typically means paying as little as possible. The end result is that many people receive lump-sum settlement offers from insurance companies that are only a fraction of that to which people are actually entitled. You will always want to have legal representation serving your interests during any settlement discussions.
- You probably do not appreciate all of your potential damages. – People need to understand that they often have the right to pursue financial compensation that will cover all of their costs stemming from a car accident. Possible damages in these cases include not only the medical bills and lost wages that are common to most motor vehicle accident claims but also possible damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress, or property damage. Many people may walk into a meeting with a car insurance company with solid figures they are expecting to settle within the range of. Still, insurers can quickly derail a person’s original plans when they try to settle for far less.
- Proving liability can be challenging. – People will need to understand that proving fault for a car accident is not always easy, and a negligent party may have certain defenses in their case that allow them to possibly minimize their role in a crash. When you hire a skilled car accident lawyer in Carlsbad, they can investigate your crash and secure all the evidence needed to prove another party was at fault.
Proving Liability After a Car Accident in Carlsbad
This reduction means that a person who recovers $100,000 for a car accident they were 55 percent at fault for will have their award reduced by $55,000 and ultimately receive $45,000. People involved in motor vehicle accidents in California will want to have a car accident attorney in Carlsbad who can argue that they were not primarily at fault for the crash.
- police reports
- insurance policies for all drivers
- photographs of a crash site
- video surveillance
- medical records
- vehicle repair bills
- witness statements
The Value of Hiring an Experienced Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer
The legal website Nolo surveyed its readers on their experiences with personal injury claims, and it found that 70 percent of readers with a personal injury claim received a payout, meaning either an out-of-court settlement or an award after a trial. A reported 67 percent saw their compensation come in the form of a settlement, while only 4 percent had their cases go to trial.
Are You Allowed to Represent Yourself in a Car Accident Case?
How Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyers Evaluate Their Cases
When you hire a skilled Carlsbad car accident lawyer, you can get the following:
- copies of other policies, such as a review of personal injury protection (PIP), uninsured motorist, underinsured motorist, or comp and collision payments covering injuries in car accidents and personal injury claims
- witness examinations that can help prove types of damage
- reports and copies of California Highway Patrol (CHP) or metro police reports and Caltrans traffic safety studies
- initial demands for insurers to accept legal liability for damages from an accident and seek coverage on a case-by-case basis
How Contingency Fees Work for Personal Injury Lawyers
Contingency fee agreements are common among personal injury attorneys, which is great news for people with concerns about their ability to pay. Under contingency fee agreements, an attorney only gets paid a predetermined percentage of the final award.
In other words, a person will not have to pay anything to a Carlsbad personal injury lawyer who does not obtain a settlement or jury award. There are no upfront fees in connection with a contingency fee agreement, so you will not have to worry about paying anything for legal representation.
Types of Carlsbad Car Accident Injuries
Common Kinds of Carlsbad Car Accidents
The team of Carlsbad car accident lawyers at Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has experience handling a wide variety of car accident cases. Some of the types of collisions we see most frequently include, but are not limited to:
- rear-end collisions
- head-on collisions
- side-impact collisions
- sideswipe collisions
- single-vehicle collisions
- multi-vehicle collisions
- rollover accidents
- blind spot accidents
- low-speed accidents
- merging accidents
- T-bone accidents
- distracted driving accidents
- drowsy driving or driver fatigue accidents
- drugged driving or drunk driving accidents
- speeding accidents
- reckless driving accidents
- intersection accidents
- interstate accidents
- construction accidents
- angle collisions
Road Safety Tips in Carlsbad
- Do not use drugs or alcohol before driving. California state law establishes that any alcohol or cannabis within a motor vehicle needs to be in a sealed and unopened package. A person cannot drive in California when they have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent or higher if a person is over 21 years old. It is illegal for a person who is under 21 years old to have a BAC of 0.01 percent or higher. Moreover, a person who is on DUI probation cannot have their BAC at 0.01 percent or higher, while a person who drives a vehicle that requires a commercial driver’s license cannot have their BAC at 0.04 percent or higher. Lastly, it is illegal for a person who is driving a passenger for hire to have a BAC of 0.04 percent or higher.
- People should avoid driving during hours that are late at night or early in the morning, as these times can be more popular times for drunk or drugged drivers to be on the roads.
- People need to limit their distractions while driving, especially concerning cell phones. Never text while driving or try to operate your smartphone while you are behind the wheel.
- Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and other cars. You want to try to keep at least a car length between your car and any others. Following too closely can be tailgating.
- Everyone needs to wear seat belts while in motor vehicles. The National Safety Council (NSC) estimates that 374,276 lives were saved by wearing seat belts between 1975 and 2007.
Car Accident Statistics in California
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that there were 333 fatal and injury collisions in Carlsbad in 2020 and 284 DUI arrests. The total includes 50 alcohol-involved crashes, 76 speed-related crashes, 18 motorcycle accidents, and 12 pedestrian accidents.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Carlsbad
When discussing the possible causes of car crashes in the greater Carlsbad area, the truth remains that there are a wide variety of possible causes of many motor vehicle accidents. It is important for people to work with an experienced automobile accidents attorney in Carlsbad who will know how to pinpoint the exact reason a crash occurred.
The independent investigation into a car accident is one of the most important steps in any relationship with a lawyer because they can review all of the available evidence and work with experts in the field to get answers to the most pressing questions. Many accidents are the result of a simple act of negligence by one driver, but it can be difficult to prove examples of negligence in some cases.
Drunk and Drugged Driving
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 9,288 people died in crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers in California between 2009 and 2018. California’s impairment rates were lower than the national averages for drivers under 20 years of age, drivers 21 to 34 years of age, and drivers 35 years of age or older.
Inattentive or Distracted Driving
- sending a text message
- Using a cell phone
- using a navigation system
- eating while driving
- talking to passengers
- reading maps
- watching a video
- adjusting a radio or other listening device
One big problem in a distracted driving case can be proof of another driver being distracted. An experienced Carlsbad car accident lawyer will know to subpoena a driver’s phone records to prove they were using their cell phone at the time of a crash.
- dodging in and out of traffic
- passing on the right
- running stop signs or red lights
- cutting other drivers off or ignoring the right of way
- frequently changing lanes
- turning without signaling
- cutting other drivers off
- braking suddenly
Compensation for Car Accidents
When you work with our acclaimed Carlsbad car accident lawyers, we can begin by explaining what your rights are in your case and also describe what you will need to prove in your case. We can then outline your potential compensation.
- Another driver owed a person a duty of care.
- The other driver breached their duty of care.
- The breach of duty caused a person to suffer injuries.
- The injuries have caused damages.
Filing a Carlsbad Car Accident Lawsuit When a Person Contributed to an Accident
Damages in California Car Accident Lawsuits
- medical bills
- lost wages
- property damage
- costs of any necessary future medical care.
- a decrease in earning capacity
- any other out-of-pocket expenses, such as transportation to and from doctor’s appointments.
- pain and suffering
- emotional distress
- loss of consortium
- loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death damages apply only in cases involving a person’s death. Only certain dependents or others with legal interests in the property of a decedent can recover wrongful death damages.
Contact a Knowledgeable and Experienced Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer
Did you recently suffer serious injuries, or was your loved one killed in a car accident in the greater Carlsbad area of California? You will want to speak to the dedicated Carlsbad car accident lawyers at Arash Law, spearheaded by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., as soon as possible since our firm regularly handles these kinds of cases.
Our tremendously skilled car accident lawyers in Carlsbad focus exclusively on car accidents, which is an area of great importance to us. We completely understand why people are hesitant to file claims in these cases, that’s why we’ll work with you so you can take all of the necessary steps to help yourself recover all of the compensation you need and deserve.