Palm Springs DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
Table of Contents
Turning Injured Victims Into Victors With our Palm Springs DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
If you are a victim of a drunk driver in Palm Springs, you have the right to seek compensation. You must hold these negligent drivers responsible and get financial reparation for your losses. There is no better time than now to retain the services of experienced Palm Springs DUI accident victim lawyers from Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq. We have extensive experience fighting for our clients’ rightful compensation. Call us at (888) 488-1391 for a free, no-risk consultation.
Palm Springs is a desert resort city near Coachella Valley in Riverside County, California. It is the largest city by land area in the county with an area of 95 square miles. The population as of the 2020 census was 44,575. Palm Springs also has 10% of the city as part of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indian reservation. Best known for its retirement community, the city is a snowbird destination, with the population rising during November and March.
Many factors can lead to car accidents, but an ever-changing population is one. Residents are familiar with daily routes, but snowbirds. are only here for short periods and might make costly mistakes while driving. One of those mistakes is drinking and driving. After a collision, speaking to seasoned Palm Springs DUI accident victim lawyers from Arash Law is a crucial step.
Our client was driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines, causing a head-on collision that claimed the life of a loving wife and mother.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Factors in DUI Crashes
- Motorcyclists are two times likelier to experience severe injuries than other drivers after a collision.
- Most speed-related crashes involve drivers going too fast for the current conditions, meaning they might be within the speed limit but too fast for the road or weather.
- Intoxication, driver error, and human factors account for nearly 93% of all collisions.
- Younger drivers are known to have good reaction times. However, young male drivers are in a higher amount of accidents than others.
- Older drivers have slower reaction times. However, they tend to drive more cautiously and less often.
- Rollover accidents are severe. When there is seat belt use, about 25% of occupants suffer fatalities. Lack of seatbelt use resulting in ejections leads to 83% of fatalities.
- The highest likelihood of having an accident is within the first year of getting a license.
When reviewing your crash, the Palm Springs DUI accident victim lawyers from Arash Law will consider these factors.
California DUI Limits
BAC limits can only show so much in an injury claim. While it is crucial evidence, DUI accident viattorneys in Palm Springs will look for additional evidence. The more proof of intoxication we provide, the better your chances of getting a full financial recovery.
Ways in Which Alcohol Increases Risk Factors
- Blurry or compromised vision
- Slower reaction times
- Cognitive impairments
- More likely to disobey speed limits
- Less likely to stop for signage, pedestrians, or lights
- Swerving out of their lane
- Participating in other dangerous actions
The impact that alcohol has on the body can vary by person. However, the one thing experts can agree upon is that alcohol can impair anyone when driving. Top DUI accident victim lawyers in Palm Springs employed at Arash Law know to look for other signs of impairment outside BAC levels.
Legal Penalties for DUI in California
Riverside County has a DUI program for third-time offenses that differs from other areas. A third DUI offense in Riverside can result in enrollment in a 30-month program. It will entail 78 hours of group counseling. There are also 12 hours of education and periodic therapy sessions, and participants must complete between 120 and 400 hours of community service. Costs are about $3,400.
- They cannot drive with any alcohol in their system
- They cannot refuse a random chemical test
- They cannot commit any additional crimes
- Participation in AA or NA meetings
- Pay restitution
- Install an ignition interlock device
- Participate in Mothers Against Drunk Driving programs
Possible Aggravating Factors
- A BAC over 0.15%
- Refusing a chemical test
- Causing an accident
- Under the legal drinking age of 21
- Having a child under 14 in the vehicle
- Causing an injury to another person
- Causing the death of another person
These aggravating factors can increase financial and criminal penalties. When injuries or death are involved, it can lead to consecutive prison sentences. The consequences will change depending on which factors apply and if the driver has a criminal record. If you suffer an injury from a drunk driver, you must speak to trusted DUI accident victim lawyers in Palm Springs from Arash Law.
How Insurance Companies Handle DUIs
Conversely, the insurance company is not working to help victims either. They are looking for ways to lower how much they must pay you. The adjusters believe you are in shock and confused and will use your vulnerable state to get you to agree to low settlements or admit fault. Retaining proficient Palm Springs DUI accident victim lawyers from Arash Law is beneficial to protect you from these shady tactics and prevent these outcomes.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Benefits of Hiring DUI Accident Victim Attorneys in Palm Springs
Another benefit of having skilled Palm Springs DUI accident victim lawyers is evidence collection. We will gather various reports, such as:
- Medical records
- Crash report
- BAC test reports
- Traffic citations
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Property damage
- Transportation expenses
Alternatively, our compassionate Palm Springs DUI accident victim attorneys from Arash Law will handle all the factors the insurance company does not. We will consider your future losses and refer you to medical professionals who can negotiate your medical bills. We can advise you on how to get your vehicle repaired or replaced or help with the car rental options.
One last significant benefit is how much you pay for legal services. We offer free initial consultations, so you get a case review at no cost to you. Since personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, you only pay fees once we successfully get you a settlement or award through mediation, arbitration, or jury award. This also means we pay for everything upfront regarding your case.
Overall, the best thing you can do for your case is to hire one of Arash Law’s experienced Palm Springs DUI accident victim attorney.
Speak to Arash Law’s Award-Winning Palm Springs DUI Accident Victim Lawyers Today for A Free, No-Risk Consultation
Make use of your legal options if you suffer injuries or lose a loved one in a drunk driving accident, whether as a pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist, or another driver. The esteemed attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq. and his legal team at Arash Law are here to help injury victims in Palm Springs and the surrounding areas. We are ready to answer your questions and start building a case.