Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers
- Getting Started with Uber
- Uber Accidents Our Lawyers Handle in Visalia
- Causes of Uber Accidents
- Distracted Rideshare Driver Dangers in Visalia
- Uber Insurance Coverage for Drivers in Visalia
- Who Is Legally Liable for An Uber Crash?
- How Skilled Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers Can Help
- Other Ways to Hold Uber Responsible in a Crash
- Steps After a Visalia Uber Accident
- Uber and Rideshare Insurance
- What Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers Can Do for You
- Who Is Liable for Your Visalia Uber Accident?
- Insurance Requirements for Uber
- Compensation Available for Uber Accident Victims in Visalia
- Steps to Take If You Are Injured in an Uber Accident
Our Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers willGet Compensation For Your Injuries
So you want to sue Uber, but you don’t know where to start? Let our Visalia Uber accident lawyers fight for your rights. We offer free initial consultations at Arash Law, led by famous lawyer Arash Khorsandi, Esq. Call (888) 488-1391 to schedule a consultation today.
Uber became a transportation network company in 2013. It has its headquarters in San Francisco. That has made the service very popular. By December 1, 2014, Uber became available in Visalia. It is often used at the Amtrak station and Sequoia National Park. With its popularity, it has led to additional traffic and more collisions. Speak to a Visalia Uber accident lawyer from Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., after an Uber crash.
You can pursue compensation if you suffer an injury as an Uber driver or passenger or are in a non-Uber vehicle. We have a successful track record of winning cases and obtaining the best possible settlements for our clients. Our esteemed Uber accident lawyers in Visalia will fight to ensure that you are compensated for your losses and that justice is served.
Our client was stopped at a two-way stop sign before proceeding into an intersection where he was struck by a police cruiser traveling 70 mph, resulting in serious injuries.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Getting Started with Uber
Customers can get to nearly anywhere in Visalia with a few simple taps. Residents and tourists use Uber daily to get around town. All of these processes seem simple, and they are. However, what isn’t simple is getting compensation for an Uber accident. If you are in an accident, you must speak to a Visalia Uber accident lawyer to know all possible options for getting rightful compensation for your damages.
Uber Accidents Our Lawyers Handle in Visalia
Causes of Uber Accidents
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Impaired driving
- Traffic law violations
Distracted Rideshare Driver Dangers in Visalia
Most Uber drivers are excellent drivers. However, their driving skills are no match for the significant distractions they face daily at work. The primary tool they use for work is their cell phone. This tool is also the most significant danger they face. They must periodically look at their phone for new fares and directions.
The temptation or incentive to get more customers is another distraction Uber drivers face. Some drivers will have apps for multiple rideshare companies they work for, allowing them to accept multiple fares for the same trip. Imagine the distractions of handling one application. Now multiply that by two.
Rideshare companies do not prohibit their drivers from using multiple applications to get rides or from switching between them. This loophole can lead to additional insurance complications. An accident involving one rideshare app is complex. When the driver has both apps open, that can further complicate the process.
Another way to get more rides is to finish current ones quickly. Uber drivers can treat rides like a race. The faster they drop you off, the faster they can get another passenger in the car. That desire for more money pushes them to speed and become reckless. Some passengers will pay drivers more if they can reach a destination faster.
Some customers can also be the source of distractions. It might feel awkward to some people to be in a car without speaking. That can lead to small talk or long conversations. Sometimes, passengers will want the driver to change the air or the radio. These are distractions that can be avoided. They can also lead to collisions.
Another issue is fatigue. As we have mentioned, Uber drivers make money the more they work. They often stay up later, get less sleep, and work odd hours to get those extra fares. Lack of sleep causes the same effects as driving impaired. The rideshare worker will also be more careless. Regardless of the distraction, you must discuss your options with a Visalia Uber accident lawyer.
Studies on Rideshare Collisions
MIT Technology Review looked at studies about rideshare collisions. They found that since Uber was introduced into society, it has led to a two to three percent rise in fatal crashes annually. That equals 1,100 deaths nationwide. With Visalia at the heart of the rideshare surge, we have seen more of these incidents here than in other places.
The study also found an increase in deadheadings contributing to congestion. Deadheading is when a rideshare driver is strolling about without a customer waiting for a fare. Instead of resting somewhere, they drive around in traffic, waiting for their phone to ring. Deadheading accounts for over 60 percent of an Uber driver’s shift.
These drivers are on the road without a passenger for more time than if they had a passenger. They are logging more miles and at a higher risk of accidents. With the uncertainty of fares, drivers are taking matters into their own hands and placing themselves in areas where they are more likely to get a ride request.
Uber Insurance Coverage for Drivers in Visalia
Uber accepts hundreds of new drivers to be at our beck and call. The company has a very lax vetting process. They are not concerned with the safety of their drivers, passengers, and others. Drivers want to make easy money and are not putting passenger safety first.
Uber brags about having high premiums for their insurance policies. They do not brag about how difficult it is to get benefits from these policies. Sad to admit, they do not really want to cover your accident expenses.
Uber drivers must carry personal auto insurance. During an accident, claims are filed there first. Unfortunately, many of these claims are denied because insurance companies do not cover work-related accidents. So, where does this leave victims?
Uber insurance policies will pick up where personal insurance fails only in some circumstances. Drivers logged on and waiting for a ride are covered for $100,000 in injury liability for collisions. From the time the driver accepts a ride until they drop off a passer, the $1 million policy covers collisions. There is also a $1 million uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage option.
Even with these available funds, Uber will work to deny or undervalue claims. Instead of using their resources to help victims, they use them to hurt them. When Uber is unreliable, you can file a claim with your auto policy even when you weren’t driving. A better option is to call a Visalia Uber accident lawyer to help create a strong case for you.
Who Is Legally Liable for An Uber Crash?
Since you are an Uber passenger, you assume they are liable for your injuries. While that is true for most commercial vehicles, it is not for Uber. Sadly, rideshare companies are rarely responsible for accidents. The reason is that drivers are independent contractors. The rideshare company has little oversight over them. If you believe your Uber driver was at-fault, call Arash Law.
Our team will investigate your crash and identify the liable party. If that is the driver, we will work with their insurance carriers. If the situation meets Uber insurance standards, we will work with Uber insurance for compensation. Regardless of the accident specifics, we will look at every detail to find compensation avenues.
How Skilled Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers Can Help
Insurance carriers are notorious for delaying and denying claims. Even when an insurer accepts your claim, they will unlikely pay a fair amount. Uber offers the $1 million policy with several stipulations. Experienced Visalia Uber accident lawyers can help you by dealing with the claims process and communicating with insurance adjusters. We will take over these vital steps:
- Handling communication – All communication between you and the insurer will halt when you employ a Visalia Uber accident lawyer. Arash Law will take over all emails, phone calls, and other correspondence, protecting you from giving the insurance company information and allowing you to focus on healing.
- Gathering evidence – Our team will quickly move to gather evidence that supports your claim. Evidence that can help includes medical records, police reports, surveillance footage, and eyewitness statements. The evidence we present will mitigate any disputes the insurance company has.
- Protecting your claim – When you suffer an injury and start a claim, your every move is scrutinized. Anything you say, or post can jeopardize your claim. Many victims are unaware they are making mistakes until it is too late. Our Uber accident attorney in Visalia will advise you on what to avoid. You can ask us about anything to ensure you are not making any mistakes.
Arash Law, run by the talented team of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., will protect you from beginning to end. We fight aggressively for our clients. Our fighting spirit has garnered over $500 million in damages for our clients. Call (888) 488-1391 for a free case review today.
If We Do Not Win, You Do Not Pay
You have likely seen this phrase in advertising throughout Visalia. That is because most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. If the Visalia Uber accident lawyers at Arash Law do not recover funds for your injuries, you owe us nothing. That’s right; we do not get paid unless we get you reimbursement for your losses.
Our consultations are also free. You can discuss your case with us without any obligation. We will review what you provide for case merit. If we both agree to move forward, you can sign up with the law firm. Once you become a client, you become our top priority.
Other Ways to Hold Uber Responsible in a Crash
- Rideshare hiring practices – Reviewing the driver’s criminal and driving history is essential. If there were any charges or infractions, did Uber know and not care?
- Uber safety procedures – We will review the training and instruction that drivers receive. We will also review internal practices that keep passengers safe and happy. We are looking for disciplinary actions against the driver if there are employee records.
- Uber employee driving record – We will review any violations the company has for the specific driver. These violations can call the driver’s credibility into question.
- Vehicle safety – Cars must be well-maintained and road-safe. If there was a malfunction, that can prove Uber and the diver were liable. Both parties are responsible for having safe vehicles.
- Sleepy drivers – Reviewing how long the driver was logged into the app can show they were tired when driving. It can also prove the driver fell asleep, causing a collision.
Steps After a Visalia Uber Accident
- Start by gathering evidence when the accident happens, but only if you are not gravely injured or in an unsafe location. A collision on the freeway will require you to stay in your vehicle and impede your ability to gather evidence. With your smartphone, take pictures of your surroundings, injuries, cars, etc. Also, get the names and contact information of everyone involved.
- Get medical treatment from the paramedics responding to the scene. Allow them to examine you and take their professional opinion regarding further treatment. If they suggest you go to a hospital, you should. Even if you do not need emergency care, visit your doctor for a medical evaluation. Internal injuries are common and deadly if left untreated. Get your medical diagnosis and put your health first.
- Refuse to speak to anyone about the case. This step is vital, especially with the insurance company. They will call you immediately to get a recorded statement. If they say they are recording the call, stop talking and refer them to your Visalia Uber accident lawyer. They are looking for ways to pay you less by finding holes in your story.
- Stay offline, and do not post. The moment you put something online, it is there forever. The insurance company will stalk your online presence for ammunition. Do not post on social media.
- Refrain from accepting any settlement offers. When insurance companies offer early settlements, it is not a good sign. They do not want you to get medical treatment and spend more money. They do not want you to get legal representation. It can also be a sign that you have a good case. If you take the offer, they win.
- Consult with an Uber accident lawyer. The rideshare accident space is still new to many law firms. While some firms have years of handling personal injury cases, that does not equate to rideshare claim experience. You must look for Visalia Uber accident lawyers with a track record of handling these cases.
If you can get to your phone, dial 911. Remember, these calls are recorded, so you can give 911 your account of the accident while the details remain fresh. If you move quickly enough, we can request 911 recordings. Another benefit of informing the authorities is that the police can promptly file a crash report. Do not assume the Uber driver or another bystander will call the authorities.
When You Are an Uber Passenger
As an Uber passenger, regardless of who is at fault, you can pursue compensation through Uber’s $1 million policy. They have liability and underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage. If another driver caused your collision, their policy could be the primary source of compensation. Contact Arash Law to discuss your options immediately.
When You Are Another Driver, Bicyclist, or Pedestrian
You will unlikely be covered under the $1 million policy, but that does not mean you are out of options. When an officer arrives to take a report, you must ask for information on all insurance policies. You will not know what you qualify for until you speak to Uber accident lawyers in Visalia. You should also get medical attention immediately, as injuries can be catastrophic. Our Visalia Uber accident attorneys will handle the rest.
When You Are an Uber Driver
As an Uber driver, you are in a very tricky situation. You never thought you would face such complex legal issues until you were in a collision. Call the police and paramedics to treat your injuries and get a crash report. That step is non-negotiable for anyone in a collision. As an Uber driver, you must have legal representation. Uber will be shifting the blame to you, and you must protect yourself.
Uber and Rideshare Insurance
All car accidents have complexities. What makes Uber claims more complex is driver status. Whatever their status is during the collision will significantly impact how the claim is handled. It will determine which insurance policies you can use and who you can sue if the insurance does not provide sufficient coverage.
There are three distinctions Uber has for their drivers. You will know which policy you can use depending on the period the driver is in during your collision. The periods are:
- Period One – The driver is logged on and awaiting a request. The personal auto policy will handle the claim if they are in a crash. The coverage limits for these policies are $50,000 per person, $100,000 total per collision, and $25,000 for property damage.
- Period Two – The driver has accepted a ride request and is en route to pick up the passenger. The $1 million dollar policy might apply when an accident happens during this phase.
- Period Three – The driver has a passenger in the vehicle and is transporting them to their destination. The $1 million policy will also apply here. It will continue to apply until the passenger exits the car and the driver ends the ride.
Depending on the driver’s status, you will have different routes for compensation.
What Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers Can Do for You
The primary assistance your Uber accident lawyer in Visalia can offer you is gathering evidence and fighting for compensation from the appropriate insurance company. If you are in a collision with an Uber driver who has logged off the app, the claim process is the same as a traditional car accident claim. The worst situation is when victims are stuck between several insurance policies and have nowhere to turn.
Our team has decades of experience recovering compensation for injury victims in Visalia and the surrounding areas. We will push the issue until we can negotiate a fair settlement. We are ready to go to trial if the need arises. Do not speak to the insurance company. Instead, call Arash Law at your earliest convenience. Schedule a consultation by dialing (888) 488-1391 now.
Who Is Liable for Your Visalia Uber Accident?
Uber claims are more complex than traditional car accident claims. Uber passengers can face different hurdles when the Uber driver is at fault and when they are not. In either case, insurance claims will be very complex. Here are some things to remember regarding liability after an Uber accident:
- The company can pay for your injuries and property damage if the rideshare driver is at fault.
- If the Uber driver is not at fault but another driver is, the third party’s insurer is responsible for your financial recovery.
- The rideshare liability insurance policy offers coverage options if an uninsured or underinsured motorist causes the accident.
These are the basics, but it is much more complex. You must have the assistance of a Visalia Uber accident lawyer behind you.
April 2019: $14M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a defective piece of equipment at a factory.– BRIAN BEECHER
Insurance Requirements for Uber
The California Public Utilities Commission has established rules regarding transportation network companies like Uber. Their goal is to ensure the safety of all individuals participating in the rideshare process. Uber’s insurance policy for period one offers coverages such as:
- $50,000 for injuries or death for one person in a collision
- $100,000 for injuries or death total per collision
- $30,00 for property damage
Transportation networking companies must also have excess liability insurance coverage available. The minimum is $200,000 per accident. The $1 million policy also covers passengers and drivers during periods two and three. When the driver isn’t working, the claim is strictly handled through personal insurance coverage, and Uber is not involved.
In a recent push to protect drivers, the California Public Utilities Commission considers TNC drivers employees. The reference is state assembly bill 5. This decision will impact how drivers are treated moving forward. It will also affect how insurance claims are handled. Uber and other rideshares may have to change how they do business.
This bill impacts the safety of drivers, passengers, and others. It helps with negligence and liability issues, too. Drivers will now have more rights when they drive for Uber. While these changes are taking place, there is still a gray area for claims. Work with a Visalia Uber accident lawyer to ensure your case meets all new laws.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Bodily injury is common in car accidents, and Uber crashes are no exception. These accident injuries can lead to ongoing medical care and mounting bills. Some of the most common injuries a victim can suffer in a Visalia Uber accident are:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb
- Eye injuries
- Back injury
- Cuts and bruises
- Head injuries
You must get immediate medical attention for these injuries. Some will require medication and some rehab to heal. Others can be permanent, requiring lifelong care and medical expenses.
Compensation Available for Uber Accident Victims in Visalia
As an injury victim, you can pursue compensation for your loss. After all, someone else has led you to these losses, and they must pay. Since injuries and losses vary, so will the compensation available. Injury victims can pursue reimbursement for:
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expense
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment
- Funeral and burial expenses
When an accident results in the death of a loved one, the case becomes much more complex. You can file a wrongful death claim to recover payment for the losses your loved one suffered. It can also cover their household contributions. A financial award will not bring them back. It will hold the negligent party responsible and ease your financial burden.
It is imperative to hire a Visalia personal injury lawyer to help you navigate the legal aspect of your claim. Uber drivers and the company must respond regarding their negligence. Arash will hold them responsible.
Steps to Take If You Are Injured in an Uber Accident
It is difficult to figure out what to do next after a collision. Among the most critical steps you can take to protect yourself are:
- Call the police – They can investigate the scene, clear the debris, and write a report. The report is evidence for your case.
- Get medical attention – Big or small, get attention for your injuries. Get a medical evaluation and ensure it is documented.
- Write down what you remember – While the details are fresh in your mind, write down what you remember. Recall what happened and what you saw around you.
- Document your injuries – Take pictures of your injuries the same day or the next. It is best to have photos before they heal as it shows how severe they were initially.
- Call a Visalia Uber accident lawyer – Protect yourself with professional advice from an Uber accident lawyer with decades of experience helping clients.
Contact Our Dedicated Visalia Uber Accident Lawyers
Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has helped clients recover compensation following rideshare collisions. If you have been in a crash, it is imperative that you speak to our Visalia Uber accident lawyers.
Our esteemed attorneys can come to you wherever in Visalia and nearby areas including Tulare, Hanford, Seville, and beyond. We also serve clients in San Francisco, Riverside, Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sherman Oaks, and throughout California. Our award-winning law firm has also collected over 500 million dollars for clients across the state. Call (888) 488-1391 for a free case review today.