Fairfield Auto Accident Attorneys
- Facts About Auto Accidents in Fairfield
- Common Kinds of Injury Accident Risks in Fairfield
- Common Dangerous Intersections in Fairfield
- Common Kinds of Auto Accidents in Fairfield
- How Liability Works with Auto Accidents in California
- Common Causes and Injuries in California Automobile Accidents
- Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairfield
- How Arash Law Holds Negligent Parties Accountable
- Why an Attorney Matters for Your Case
- Recovering Full and Fair Compensation
- Paying Damages After an Auto Accident in Fairfield
- Proving Fault and Damages in a Solano County Auto Accident
- Understanding the Settlement Process
- Getting Maximum Compensation for Car Accidents with Help from Fairfield Auto Accident Attorneys
- Auto Accident Claim Time Limits in Fairfield
- Getting a Traffic Accident Report After an Auto Accident in Fairfield
- What You Should Do After a Fairfield Auto Accident
Competent Auto Accident AttorneysRecovering Millions for Injury Victims in Fairfield
According to the 2020 United States Census, Fairfield had a population of 119,705 as of July 1, 2021, and 50.1 percent of residents were female, while 13.0 percent were 65 years of age and older, 25.3 percent were under 18 years of age, and 7.4 percent were under 5 years of age. The Census reported that 42.2 percent of the population was white alone, 29.3 percent was Hispanic or Latino, 17.7 percent was Asian alone, 12.9 percent was two or more races, 15.9 percent was Black or African American, and 1.2 percent was Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islanders.
The Jelly Belly Candy Company is headquartered in Fairfield, California, although the company has a second manufacturing facility in Chicago, Illinois. Travis Air Force Base is the “Gateway to the Pacific” and is about three miles east of the area, with approximately 7,260 active United States Air Force (USAF) military personnel, 4,250 Air Force Reserve personnel, and 3,770 civilians.
Car accidents are extremely common in the county seat. As KXTV-TV reported on February 22, 2023, that three people were killed in a rollover crash near Fairfield after a chase when police officers tried to stop a white Hyundai driving eastbound on Interstate 80 (I-80) east of American Canyon Road, as the vehicle was stolen and wanted in connection to a carjacking in Vallejo. On January 5, 2023, KRON-TV reported that a 19-year-old woman was killed in a single-vehicle crash while driving on a partially flooded road in the city. The victim was traveling eastbound when she hit a patch of standing water and hydroplaned into a utility pole.
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that there were 477 fatal and injury accidents in Fairfield in 2020, and this total included 28 motorcycle accidents, 32 pedestrian accidents, and 19 bicycle accidents. The total also included one pedestrian under 15 years of age, four pedestrians 65 years of age and older, and four bicyclists under 15 years of age.
Accidents in the city led to 307 driving under the influence (DUI) arrests, with 61 crashes being alcohol-involved and one crash involving a drinking driver under 21 years of age, and 13 crashes involving drinking drivers who were 21 to 34 years of age. OTS also reported that 65 crashes were speed-related, 41 were nighttime crashes (9 p.m.-2:59 a.m.), and 34 were hit-and-run accidents.
Car accidents are an incredibly common cause of major injuries for people all over California, and the nature of injuries can always vary by accident, so some people can recover relatively quickly while many others will be dealing with issues that can last for several years. Founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., Arash Law understands the many challenges people are facing in these situations, and we work closely with our clients to help them understand all of their legal options and secure appropriate financial compensation for all of their losses.
When you are involved in an automobile accident in the greater Fairfield area of California, get in touch with our firm as soon as possible so we can help you with every aspect of your case. You can call Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., at (888) 488-1391 to arrange a free consultation with our Fairfield auto accident attorneys, and we can walk you through the entire recovery process to make everything as easy as possible for you.
A farm worker, suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries resulting from an auto accident where the defendant driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Facts About Auto Accidents in Fairfield
Circumstances Involving Auto Accidents
The OTS states in the 2023 California Highway Safety Plan that from 2010 to 2018, impaired driving-related deaths and serious injuries in California increased by 35 percent. Impaired driving is still one of the leading causes of deadly crashes, accounting for 30 percent of all traffic deaths in California in 2020, with deadly crashes due to impaired driving increasing by 20 percent from 2019 to 2020.
More Drivers on the Road Increases the Number of Accidents
Statista reports that California has the most licensed drivers of any state in the nation, with 27,112,595. The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) report that California has 13,847,935 male drivers and 13,365,715 female drivers, for a total of 27,213,650 of the 39,512,223 residents. Additionally, 15,608,250 male drivers and 16,008,558 female drivers were 16 years of age and older.
Car Accidents Involving Teens Texting
An alarming report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that 6 percent of people reported having been in a crash in the past year, 7 percent were in near-crashes, and 86 percent reported no crash. Men had more crash or near-crash incidences than women (15 percent as opposed to 12 percent), and young drivers 18 to 20 years of age had the highest incidence of crash or near-crash experience compared to all other age groups, with drivers 65 years of age and older having the lowest (8 percent).
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Remain a Major Concern
Do Not Ignore Icy Roads in California
FHWA reports that more than 70 percent of the nation’s roads are located in snowy regions that receive over five inches of average annual snowfall. Almost 70 percent of the American population lives in snowy regions, and average arterial speeds will decline by 30 to 40 percent on snowy or slushy pavement, while freeway speeds can be reduced by 3 to 13 percent in light snow and 5 to 40 percent in heavy snow. Every year, 24 percent of weather-related vehicle crashes occur on snowy, slushy, or icy pavement, and 15 percent happen during snowfall or sleet.
More than 1,300 people are killed, and over 116,800 people suffer an injury in vehicle crashes on snowy, slushy, or icy pavement every year. A poll by insurance comparison website The Zebra found that 16.0 percent of people never drive in the snow, 36.8 percent feel comfortable driving in one to three inches, 12.8 percent feel comfortable driving in four to 11 inches, 8.9 percent feel comfortable driving in less than a foot, 2.5 percent feel comfortable driving in more than a foot, and 14.4 percent feel comfortable driving in any amount of snow.
No two traffic accidents in Fairfield will ever be the same, so people need to be sure to retain legal counsel as soon as they have been involved in any crash. Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., will know how to handle your case and help you recover every single dollar to which you are entitled.
Common Kinds of Injury Accident Risks in Fairfield
Common Dangerous Intersections in Fairfield
- West Texas Street from the I-80 interchange to Washington Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Texas Street to Essex Drive
- Travis Boulevard from Pennsylvania Avenue to Sunset Avenue
- North Texas Street from West Texas Street to Hawthorn Drive
- East Tabor Avenue from North Texas Street to Clay Bank Road
- Air Base Parkway from Dover Avenue to Clay Bank Road
- West Texas Street from Beck Avenue to Washington Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Texas Street to Travis Boulevard
- Travis Boulevard from Holiday Lane to Sunset Avenue
- North Texas Street from East Travis Boulevard to Dickson Hill Road
- East Tabor Avenue from North Texas Street to Clay Bank Road
- Atlantic Avenue from Heather Drive to East Atlantic Avenue
Common Kinds of Auto Accidents in Fairfield
It again needs to be stressed that no two automobile accidents are ever the same, and each crash is going to involve its own unique factors that can impact resolutions to these cases. Some of the most common kinds of traffic accidents that our Fairfield auto accident attorneys handle include, but are by no means limited to:
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Fatal auto accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Uninsured driver accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Angle collisions
- Lane departure accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Texting and driving accidents
- Carpool accidents
- Backup Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Blind Spot Accidents
- Merging Accidents
How Liability Works with Auto Accidents in California
California Vehicle Code § 16020 establishes that all drivers and all vehicle owners must at all times be able to establish financial responsibility pursuant to California Vehicle Code § 16021 and must at all times carry in the vehicle evidence of the form of financial responsibility in effect for the vehicle. Drivers will have to show an ability to pay damages of at least $15,000 for every person injured or killed in an accident, $30,000 for the injury or death of two or more persons in one accident, and at least $5,000 for property damage.
Common Causes and Injuries in California Automobile Accidents
- Drowsy driving or driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Ignoring road signs or traffic lights
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper turns
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Inclement weather
- Tire blowouts
- Dangerous road conditions
- Motor vehicle defects
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones or fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Scarring and disfiguration
- Facial injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Arm injuries
- Leg injuries
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Severe burn injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Penetrating injuries
- Crush injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Auto Accident Attorneys in Fairfield
How Arash Law Holds Negligent Parties Accountable
Our efforts will include getting statements from witnesses, obtaining police and medical reports, reconstructing an accident scene, consulting with accident experts, and whatever else may be necessary to deliver the best possible claim that can help you recover maximum compensation. If you suffered serious injuries or your loved one was killed in a traffic accident because of the fault of another party, you will want to call our Fairfield car accident attorneys at Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., right away.
Why an Attorney Matters for Your Case
You will absolutely want to have legal representation when your case is heading for a trial because a skilled personal injury attorney will know how to prove a car accident case in court and help a person recover as much compensation as possible. Under the leadership of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., Arash Law has taken scores of cases to trial and delivered impressive results for its clients.
- Examining evidence and determining responsible parties – As soon as you hire Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., we will immediately get to work on preserving all of the evidence relating to your case. We will work with experts to help determine how another driver was at fault for the crash.
- Calculating the extent of your losses – Many people have little to no idea how much their car accident cases are worth. Estimating the amount of financial recovery can be a tricky business because a number of variables can impact the final figure, but Arash Law, created by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., can accurately compile an estimated cost for all of your future care.
- Negotiating with insurance companies – No person will want to be negotiating with an insurance company on their own because all insurers are always eager to try and quickly hammer out settlements with people who are representing themselves. If you think that you do not need a lawyer for your case, you should know that a One Insurance Research Council (IRC) study entitled “Paying for Auto Injuries: A Consumer Panel Survey of Auto Accident Victims” found that victims who hired attorneys received 40 percent more in settlements with insurance companies than those who represented themselves.
- Fighting for you in court – While the trial is a much rarer outcome to car accident cases, there are still incidents that do end up going all the way to the courtroom. A personal injury case will require a person to prove that another party was at fault for their accident, and they will have to prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence, which essentially translates to “more likely than not.” You will want to be sure you have experienced Fairfield auto accident attorneys representing you inside the courtroom.
Recovering Full and Fair Compensation
- Medical bills
- Long-term medical care
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Travel costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Legal expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Long-term disability
- Disfigurement and impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
Paying Damages After an Auto Accident in Fairfield
When a person is involved in an automobile accident in Fairfield or a surrounding community in Solano County, Arash Law’s Fairfield auto accident attorneys, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., can help them understand their legal options. One important thing people need to understand is California’s law regarding fault and liability for auto accidents.
Under pure comparative negligence rules, an injured person can seek damages even when they are 99 percent to blame for their accident. As long as another party was at least one percent at fault, damages can be sought against the party in proportion to their degree of fault. Your car accident attorneys in Fairfield will bring in valuable evidence to maximize the compensation you can recover.
Proving Fault and Damages in a Solano County Auto Accident
You can avoid this headache by hiring award-winning Fairfield auto accident attorneys from Arash Law, run by Arash Khorsandi, Esq. Let us handle all conversations with insurance companies because we will know how to properly investigate your crash and secure all of the evidence you need to prove another driver was at fault.
Understanding the Settlement Process
The trial is always the backup plan when settlement negotiations prove unproductive, as a person will have the right to present their case to a jury. You will want to be certain you have qualified Fairfield car accident lawyers on your side should your case be headed to trial.
Getting Maximum Compensation for Car Accidents with Help from Fairfield Auto Accident Attorneys
Arash Law’s auto accident attorneys at Fairfield will not only look at all of the costs involved in treating your injuries but also how those injuries are impacting your ability to return to work and take part in recreational activities. When people require additional assistance with everyday functions, our firm will also take those costs into consideration.
Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., has a record of success that includes more than $500 Million recovered for more than 3,000 clients. Some of our most notable accomplishments have included $5.25 Million recovered for a person rendered a paraplegic after being struck by an inattentive driver, $6 Million for a client whose wife was killed in a drunk driving accident, and $6.1 Million for a 6-year-old victim of a pedestrian accident.
You can schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Fairfield auto accident lawyers, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., so you can ask all of the questions you have and get our attorneys to evaluate your case.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Auto Accident Claim Time Limits in Fairfield
California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1 establishes that an action for injury to or the death of a person caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another person must be commenced within two years of the date of an accident. California Code of Civil Procedure § 338, however, gives a person three years to file a claim when an accident results only in a property damage claim.
- People less than 18 years of age (who have two years to file once they reach the age of majority)
- People declared mentally incompetent
- People who die within six months of the end of the statute of limitations
- People in prison
- People performing military services
Getting a Traffic Accident Report After an Auto Accident in Fairfield
1000 Webster Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
California car accident reports are often prepared by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and are commonly referred to as CHP 555 reports. Traffic collision reports usually include such information as details of a collision, the date of a collision, information collected by officers, witness information and statements, and estimated damage from the accident.
You can complete a CHP 190 Collision Request Form on the CHP website. A proper party of interest can obtain a copy of a CHP collision report or investigation without having to go to the CHP Area office where the collision report was filed. Additionally, the Fairfield auto accident attorneys at Arash Law can help you in getting the accident or police report as well as other pieces of evidence for your case.
What You Should Do After a Fairfield Auto Accident
All people who are involved in motor vehicle accidents in the Fairfield area will want to be sure they stop their cars at the scenes of their crashes or as close as possible. You should always contact the police as soon as possible to report your crash.
Every single person involved in a car accident needs to obtain medical attention as soon as possible. Our Fairfield auto accident attorneys always advise this even when people do not think they have suffered an injury. You need to remember that many injuries involve delayed symptoms, and visiting a doctor several days or weeks after an accident will only complicate your compensation claims.
Contact Our Auto Accident Attorney in Fairfield Today
Our firm understands how confusing the immediate aftermath of a crash can be for most people, and we will work closely with you so you know that you have somebody on your side who is committed to protecting your interests. Best of all for you, the Fairfield auto accident attorneys at Arash Law will not charge you anything upfront to handle your case because we represent every client on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we only get paid a predetermined percentage of a settlement or jury award, and we get paid nothing if we do not recover anything.
You can call (888) 488-1391 or contact us online to take advantage of a free consultation. Our Fairfield auto accident attorneys also serve surrounding areas like Vacaville, Suisun City, Napa, American Canyon, Vallejo, Benicia, Martinez, Bay Point, Dixon, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Concord, Antioch, Hercules, and Pinole.