Glendale Car Accident Lawyers
Powerful Car Accident Lawyers Dedicated to Defending the Injured in Glendale California
Because of its proximity to Hollywood, Glendale is a popular tourist and local destination. As a result, the streets of Glendale can easily get crowded. Despite best intentions, car accidents are inevitable and can happen more frequently than we expect in such busy areas. Our Glendale car accident attorneys, led by Arash Khorsandi Esq., can provide expert guidance and dedicated representation if you’ve been injured in a car crash. Call us at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation.
Situated in the Verdugo Mountains and the San Fernando Valley, the city of Glendale is one of the largest cities in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Home to approximately 190,000 residents, Glendale is fourth among the top five biggest cities in Los Angeles County. The city of Glendale is also the twenty-fourth largest urban center in California. Glendale is approximately ten miles from downtown LA.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report shows that 38,824 people died in traffic crashes nationwide in 2020. It is the highest number of fatalities since 2007. In 2022, the Los Angeles Police Department reported 312 traffic collision deaths, an increase of 5% from the previous year and 29% over in 2021. It remains perilous for pedestrians and bicyclists to walk across the city’s streets, with 159 deaths in the collisions. The data reveals that about half of those killed in collisions in Los Angeles were not riding in a car. LAPD data show a 19% increase from 2021. In addition to the number of individuals killed in traffic, hundreds more were seriously hurt. The LAPD estimated it will be 1,479, 30% more than in 2020. Based on the figures, there were about four injuries every day last year.
- Driving too closely
- Not merging with caution
- Failing to yield
- Driver fatigue
- Texting while driving
- Smoking while driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather conditions
You do not have to be scared to assert your legal rights. If you suffered injuries during an automobile accident, you can seek financial compensation for your injuries. The Glendale car accident lawyers at Arash Law can help you in pursuing the damages you deserve to ease your financial burden and physical and emotional sufferings.
A farm worker, suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries resulting from an auto accident where the defendant driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Intersections in Glendale Where Automobile Accidents Frequently Occur
Glendale sees many car accidents each year because of bad driving. Some intersections in Glendale are more dangerous than others. Busy intersections in Glendale can quickly become congested. Intersections often become dangerous when drivers do not yield to other drivers or when drivers make left-hand turns without looking for pedestrians and other automobiles.
- North Brand Boulevard and Goode Avenue
- Pacific Avenue at Glenoaks Boulevard and Colorado Street
- Glenoaks Boulevard and Western Avenue
- 201 S. Central Ave
Suffering injuries at one of these intersections can be devastating. Many accident victims suddenly find themselves in an automobile accident with no warning. Typically, another party was negligent or reckless and thus caused the automobile accident. If you were injured in an automobile crash, contact our skilled Glendale car accident lawyers at Arash Law. Our attorneys can fight for your legal rights and ensure that you receive the rightful compensation.
Deadly Automobile Accidents in the United States
Here are some facts you need to know about car accidents in the United States:
- Many deadly automobile accidents happen on Saturdays. Approximately 6,100 accidents are reported on these days. On weekdays, nonfatal crashes were higher, peaking on Friday.
- During 2016, the highest number of deadly automobile accidents happened between June and September. In October, the greatest number of deadly accidents occurred, totaling 3,249 automobile accidents.
- Approximately forty percent of all deadly automobile accidents occur when a driver strikes a stationary object or is involved in a rollover accident.
- Nearly thirty-eight percent of all deadly automobile accidents involved two automobiles. Many of these deadly accidents occurred when an automobile was traveling at an angle.
- Midnight to 3 AM were the most dangerous hours for driving an automobile in Glendale in 2016. The hours between 6 PM and 9 PM are also risky for drivers in Glendale, California.
- Approximately fifty-eight percent of deadly automobile accidents involved only one vehicle
- 38,800 fatal automobile accidents happened in the United States in 2019. In 2018, the total number of deadly automobile accidents was 39,404. During the past five years, slight variations in the number of deadly automobile accidents suggest that this number will continue to rise.
- AllState Insurance found drivers there get into accidents, on average, every five and a half years.
- There were 35,766 fatal car accidents on U.S. roads in 2020. In addition, 1,593,390 accidents caused injuries, and 3,621,681 accidents resulted in property damage. It means that in one year, 5,250,837 collisions occurred.
- The estimated number of police-reported crashes in 2020 decreased by 22% as compared to 2019, and the estimated number of people injured declined by 17%.
- While the number of crashes and traffic injuries declined overall, fatal crashes increased by 6.8%. The number of crashes and traffic injuries declined overall, but fatal crashes increased 6.8%.
- Speeding, alcohol impairment, and not wearing a seat belt caused 45% of fatal crashes involving passenger vehicles.
Automobile Accident Statistics on a Global Scale
- Across the globe, more individuals die in fatal car accidents every year than die of HIV/AIDS.
- Automobile accidents are the number one cause of death for both children and young adults between five and twenty-nine.
- For all people across the world, automobile accidents are the eighth leading cause of death.
- More than fifty percent of those who die in automobile accidents are bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians.
- On a daily basis, more than 3,700 people die in automobile accidents involving pedestrians, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, buses, and automobiles.
- Approximately 1.3 million people die across the globe every year in automobile accidents.
- Despite the fact that low- and middle-income nations have about 60% of the world’s vehicles, they account for 93% of all road deaths.
- Most nations lose 3% of their gross domestic product to road accidents.
Dangers Related to Automobile Accidents in Glendale
- Merge accidents – It is important to be careful when changing lanes on freeways and highways. Many distracted drivers may not see a driver who is attempting to change lanes. Sideswipe accidents often occur when two drivers are not being cautious. Fatal automobile accidents can occur when cars come into contact with each other while they are both traveling at high rates of speed.
- T-bone accidents – T-bone accidents happen when an automobile strikes another automobile head-on from the side. Intersections are common places where T-bone accidents occur. Also, drivers who run red lights and stop signs are often injured in T-bone accidents. These accidents often cause serious bodily injury or death. Also, drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way may find themselves injured in T-bone accidents.
The broadside collision (also known as a T-bone) is the second most common type of traffic accident in California in 2022. According to the 2020 data from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), T-bone collisions accounted for 23.6% of all accidents.
- Sideswipe accidents – Dangerous sideswipe accidents can occur even when two vehicles only slightly touch each other. These accidents often occur when distracted drivers do not realize they are crossing over into other lanes. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration discovered that 129,000 physical injuries occurred in 2018 due to sideswipe accidents. These accidents total thirteen percent of all traffic collisions in the United States. Annually, there are 242,000 sideswipe crashes, according to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). There are over 2,500 deaths and 27,000 injuries caused by sideswipe accidents every year. In all types of crashes, side-swipe crashes account for 2.7 percent of deaths.
- Rear-end accidents – Rear collisions can be dangerous due to the sudden force of impact suffered by drivers and passengers. Many individuals who are involved in rear collisions suffer whiplash. The upper back, shoulders, and neck are often injured during rear collisions. Also, spinal cord injuries often occur during rear collisions. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration discovered that rear collisions caused approximately 590,000 injuries in 2018. In 2022, rear-end collisions accounted for 27% of all traffic accidents in California. It was regarded as the most common type of traffic accident in California.
- Frontal collisions – Frontal collisions are dangerous because two vehicles often travel at high rates of speed when they strike one another. The National Safety Council reported that approximately 4,900 fatalities occurred due to frontal collisions in 2018. The National Safety Council (NSC) reported that there are 46,980 recorded deaths due to vehicular accidents, 5,900 of which are caused by head-on collisions.
- Rollover accidents – Automobiles that turn over due to the impact of an accident often cause serious bodily injury or death. Automobile accidents do not roll over that frequently, but these accidents total thirty-five percent of all automobile accident fatalities every year throughout the United States.
The Types of Damages Injured Victims Can Recover in Car Accident Cases
Injured victims in California have two years from the date of the injury to file their legal claims. If an injured victim establishes liability and satisfies the burden of proof, the following damages can be recovered:
- General damages – Typically, general damages are not quantifiable, and they compensate the victim for intangible losses such as pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Some victims suffer from anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of an automobile accident. Family relationships may also be strained due to an automobile accident.
- Special damages – These damages generally have a dollar value. Property damage, lost earnings, and medical bills are examples of special damages. Also, lost earning capacity is relevant to car accident cases if the injured victim can no longer perform the essential functions of their job.
The Most Common Injuries Victims Suffer During Car Accidents in Glendale
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Organ damage
- Acute head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head wounds
- Severe lacerations
- Torn ligaments
- Bone fractures
Monetary Compensation in Car Accident Cases
- Vehicle damage
- Permanent disfigurement
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost income
- Future medical bills
- Past medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of society, comfort, and companionship
- Loss of emotional support
- Funeral and burial expenses
Car Accidents and an Injured Victim’s Legal Rights
Approximately ninety–five percent of all civil cases are resolved through settlement negotiation. Only a small portion of all civil cases go to trial. Injured victims assert claims against insurance companies, and the responsible driver’s insurance company will pay the expenses suffered by the victim. Insurance claims are not the same as civil lawsuits. Insurance companies will attempt to deny claims, however. Also, many insurance companies will attempt to delay the payment of car accident claims.
Glendale Car Accidents and Comparative Negligence
Injured victims often want to know what happens if they were partly responsible for causing the automobile accident. California is a pure comparative negligence state. Even if the defendant is only 1 percent liable for the accident, the injured plaintiff can still seek financial compensation for their injuries.
Is California a “Fault” State for Car Accidents?
Other states, such as California, are “at-fault” states. Individuals are responsible for their own actions in these states. The party who is responsible for causing the accident is responsible for the injuries suffered by others. Injured victims can assert claims against the other party’s insurance company. You do not have to bring a claim against your own insurer first. Injured victims in California can sue negligent parties and bring claims against their insurers.
The Statute of Limitations on Car Accident Claims in California
In California, a person who suffers personal injury only has a specific period of time in which they can bring a civil lawsuit. This period of time is known as the statute of limitations. In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury actions is two years from the date of the injury. If a party does not bring a civil lawsuit within that time period, it is possible that the party will be unable to seek financial compensation for their injuries.
Retaining Glendale Car Accident Lawyers
A Glendale car accident lawyer can make sense of the confusing requirements associated with insurance claims and civil lawsuits. Knowledgeable car accident lawyers at Arash Law, can examine the facts of your case and determine the best way to seek financial compensation for your injuries. Speaking to our Glendale car accident lawyers can help you learn more about what you can do to strengthen your car accident case.
Benefits of retaining a Glendale car accident lawyer include the following:
- You will not have to pay any upfront fees for legal representation because the attorney works on a contingency fee basis.
- You will have a personal relationship with your lawyer, and you will benefit from the attorney-client privilege and attorney-client confidentiality.
- If your case goes to trial, an attorney on your side can build a strong case strategy.
- Many defendants are powerful entities such as governments, insurance companies, and corporations.
Your Glendale Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
- Perform an extensive case evaluation – Trusted car accident lawyers in Glendale can help you learn more about the strengths and weaknesses of your case. You need to explain to your lawyer how the accident occurred. Also, your attorney will review records and speak with you about the nature of your injuries.
The following items should be brought to an initial meeting with your car accident lawyer: (1) traffic collision report; (2) medical records; (3) insurance notes; (4) health insurance forms and cards; (5) Driver’s license; (6) Insurance policy limits; (7) Contact information of the at-fault driver; (8) Photographs and videos of the accident scene; (9) Contact information for any witnesses who observed the accident.
- Initiate an accident investigation – You will speak with car accident lawyers in Glendale after collecting all the records and documents regarding your case. Your car accident lawyer will initiate an investigation into the car accident, a process that can take weeks or months. They will need to collect information, interview people, and examine the accident scene. Private investigators may also be part of an investigation. A car accident lawyer will often have more questions for you after the investigation is complete.
- Perform a medical review – You will need to undergo medical treatment as your civil case proceeds. Car accident victims will need different types of medical treatment based on the nature of their injuries. Some common medical procedures include CT scans, x-rays, MRIs, chiropractic care, and pain management. A car accident lawyer will stay up to date regarding your medical treatment. It may also be necessary for you to undergo surgery and see orthopedic surgeons and other medical specialists. These procedures are necessary for you to recover from your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf – A car accident lawyer can negotiate with opposing counsel regarding the resolution of your car accident case. The lawyer will speak with the insurance companies and other entities while they are representing you. You do not have to worry about participating in these settlement negotiations. A car accident lawyer will fight for your interests.
- Address medical bills and government liens – A car accident lawyer can also address any liens that may exist regarding your future settlement or judgment. A medical provider may need to be paid back after the resolution of your case. A lien is a device that the medical provider uses to ensure they will receive payment for the services they render. Lien negotiators are sometimes employed by car accident lawyers. A lien negotiator will help you keep more of your settlement or judgment. Having a car accident lawyer can give you an upper hand when you are dealing with medical providers and their liens. Medicare may assert a lien on your financial settlement or judgment. Sometimes, these liens may include unrelated medical treatment.
- Have your day in court – Glendale car accident lawyer can take your case to trial if the insurance company is being unreasonable. You may be unable to reach a settlement negotiation in your case. An experienced car accident lawyer can fight for your legal rights, such as your right to a jury trial.
- Collecting funds if a party does not pay – A money judgment may be ordered in your case. However, some defendants may not obey the order and pay the money judgment. A car accident lawyer will work tirelessly to collect them from the defendant.
December 2016: $22M+ verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case. The entire details of the case can be found in the public record filings by the defendant entity that sued its defense– BRIAN BEECHER
The Cost of Retaining Glendale Car Accident Lawyers
The Steps to Take After Suffering Injuries in a Car Accident in Glendale
Contact a Law Enforcement Agency
- First responders can examine any injured party.
- Law enforcement officers will create a traffic collision report related to the accident.
- Law enforcement officers can ensure traffic will move around the accident scene.
- The officers can ensure that other people will not suffer injuries.
- The officers will make road rage incidents less likely to occur.
Photograph the Accident Scene and Injuries
Collect the Other Driver’s Contact Information
Go to the Emergency Room
Sometimes, you may not know if you have suffered physical injuries because the symptoms are not noticeable. You also may have suffered internal injuries that require assessment by a physician. You need to visit a doctor as soon as possible to make sure that you receive any necessary specialized medical treatment. You may need to undergo surgeries or other procedures so you can recover from your injuries. Documenting these surgeries is extremely important for your car accident case. You do not want to delay undergoing any necessary surgical procedures.
Insurance Claims: Be Smart
Contact The Car Accident Lawyers Glendale Locals Trust
Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., helps injured victims in Glendale and its major areas – including Downtown Glendale, Montrose, Verdugo Woodlands, and Chevy Chase – seek financial compensation for their injuries. We have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases. We have recovered over $500 Million for clients throughout California.
We focus on your case, and we are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies and assert the rights of our clients. Our dedicated team also serves victims in other car accident-prone cities in California, including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, Fresno, Riverside, Bakersfield, Long Beach, and Oakland.