West Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
West Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers Dedicated To
Finding The Best Solution For You And Your Family
While the city of West Hollywood may seem small, it sadly experiences a disproportionately high number of accidents causing injuries and fatalities. Our dedicated West Hollywood car accident lawyers are here to stay on your side, aggressively advocating for your best interests as you recover from your injuries. Call us at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation and learn how we can help you move forward in this challenging time.
West Hollywood, a popular tourist hub and celebrity hotspot, sees millions flocking to its streets each year. If you or someone you know has been injured in a West Hollywood car accident and another party is at fault, Arash Law‘s experienced car accident attorneys are here. With over $500 Million in settlements secured for our clients, our team will fight relentlessly to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Ditch the worry of upfront costs. You don’t need to pay us unless we win your case – that’s how our personal injury law firm in WeHo operates. Car accidents leave deep wounds, both physical and emotional, and no one should face them alone.
Settlement in a motor vehicle versus pedestrian accident; client, suffered facial and spinal injuries– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
How Our West Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers Can Help Secure Your Maximum Compensation
No one understands the challenges victims face more than our attorneys when it comes to car accidents in West Hollywood. We are seasoned, award-winning attorneys committed to protecting your well-being at every stage of the legal process.
Our West Hollywood personal injury lawyers will provide the following services:
- Investigate the accident
We’ll uncover the cause of your crash and identify the at-fault party to ensure you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Handle insurance claims
We’ll guide you through filing insurance claims and negotiate with adjusters to maximize your compensation.
- Gather evidence
We’ll meticulously collect and preserve crucial evidence to strengthen your case.
- Consult with experts
We’ll collaborate with specialists, such as accident reconstructionists or medical professionals, to build a comprehensive understanding of your case.
- Calculate your damages
We’ll accurately assess your financial losses (medical bills, lost wages) and non-financial losses (pain and suffering) to compensate you fully.
- Take your case to court
If fair compensation isn’t reached through negotiations, we’re prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights.
What To Do After A Car Accident In West Hollywood, CA?
The chaotic moments after a car accident are overwhelming, often leading people to overlook crucial steps for protecting their rights and well-being. Having one of the top-tier West Hollywood car accident lawyers can be a lifesaver amid the uncertainty of this difficult time.
The following are the 10 most essential steps to take following a car accident:
- Check for injuries – Assess yourself and anyone else involved for injuries. Regardless of whether your injuries seem minor, call emergency services right away.
- Secure the scene of the accident – Turn on your hazard lights and move your car to a safe location out of traffic if it is safe to do so. If you can’t move your car, set up flares or warning triangles to alert other drivers.
- Call for help – Dial 911 immediately for paramedics and police assistance.
- Identify witnesses – Ask for the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident. Avoid discussing details with them. Save that for the police report.
- Communicate clearly – Be truthful and accurate when speaking with officers, but don’t speculate on the cause of the accident. If you’re unsure of something, simply say so.
- Document the scene – Take pictures of all vehicles, damage, and the surrounding area with your phone. Get license plate numbers for all involved vehicles.
- Exchange information – Share insurance details and driver’s licenses with other drivers involved, but keep discussions about the accident to a minimum. Obtain badge numbers of attending officers for future reference.
- Contact your insurance – Promptly inform your insurance company about the accident and review your policy details.
- Seek medical attention – Get checked out by a doctor, even if you think your injuries are minor. Adrenaline can mask pain, and internal injuries may not be immediately apparent. Consider an ambulance, ER, urgent care, or your primary care physician based on the severity of your suspected injuries.
- Protect your legal rights – Consult one of Arash Law’s car accident lawyers in West Hollywood as soon as possible. Our attorneys can help you navigate the legal process, advocate for your best interests, and protect you from shady insurance company tactics to disprove your claim.
What Causes Car Accidents In West Hollywood, CA?
Everyone wants accident-free roads. Unfortunately, collisions can happen at any time. Even when drivers follow all the rules, unforeseen circumstances or the negligence of others can cause crashes. Some key factors behind these incidents include:
Cell phones, eating, adjusting music, and even passengers can draw attention away from the road, leading to delayed reactions and poor decision-making.
Alcohol or drugs impair reflexes, judgment, and coordination, increasing the risk of accidents.
Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
Tailgating, weaving through traffic, and reckless maneuvers put everyone at risk and can escalate into serious collisions.
Exceeding the speed limit, particularly on narrow streets, reduces control and reaction time, making collisions more likely and severe.
Ignoring Traffic Signals
Running red lights or stop signs disrupts traffic flow and creates dangerous situations for all road users.
Risky Lane Changes
Abrupt or improper lane changes without proper signaling or checking blind spots can easily lead to side-swipe collisions.
Following too closely leaves little room for maneuvering or sudden stops, increasing the risk of rear-end crashes.
Faulty brakes, worn tires, malfunctioning equipment, or lack of proper maintenance can contribute to accidents, highlighting the importance of regular vehicle checks.
West Hollywood’s lively streets attract both tourists and residents to walk around the area, and drivers must be vigilant to avoid collisions with pedestrians, especially at night or in crosswalks.
Car collisions can leave you disoriented and unsure of how things went down. This is completely understandable, especially with how quickly these accidents can occur. If you’re seeking answers about your crash, our West Hollywood’s dedicated car accident lawyers are ready to assist you. Call us at (888) 488-1391 or fill out our “Do I have a case?” form.
Common Injuries Sustained After Car Accident In West Hollywood, CA
Among the unfortunate consequences of West Hollywood car accidents for our clients are catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Head and Brain Injuries – The sudden forces at play in car accidents can take a severe toll on the head and brain. Concussions, with symptoms like dizziness and headaches, are frequent. More serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can impact cognitive function, motor skills, and even personality.
- Paralysis and Nerve Damage – Spinal cord injuries caused by immense impact or debris penetration can result in partial or complete paralysis. Nerve damage, affecting the peripheral nervous system, can lead to numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness.
- Neck and Back Injuries – Whiplash, a forceful jerking of the head and neck, is a common outcome of rear-end collisions. It can cause muscle strains, pain, and reduced mobility. More severe injuries like herniated discs or spinal fractures can necessitate extensive treatment and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones – The impact of a crash may shatter bones, causing fractures ranging from minor to life-altering. Limbs, ribs, and even the delicate bones of the face can be affected, requiring surgery, casts, and physiotherapy.
- Internal Bleeding and Crushing Injuries – Blunt force trauma can cause internal organs to bruise and bleed. This can lead to internal bleeding, which will require immediate medical intervention. Crushing injuries, often seen in high-impact collisions, can damage muscles, bones, and organs, presenting severe and complex medical challenges.
- Burns – Vehicle fires or exposure to hot engine parts can inflict burns from superficial to deep, requiring specialized burn care to prevent infection and scarring.
- Facial Injuries – Facial lacerations, fractures, and dental damage are not uncommon in car accidents. Reconstructive surgeries involving world-class surgeons may be necessary to restore function and appearance.
- Wrongful Death – In the most tragic situations, car accidents can result in the loss of life. Wrongful death claims help surviving family members cope with the emotional and financial burdens of such an irreversible loss.
What Damages Are Available To Car Accident Victims in West Hollywood, CA?
Winning a car accident case in West Hollywood through settlement or trial can result in financial compensation, known as damages. These damages fall into three categories, and you may be eligible for one or all.
Economic damages compensate you for financial losses incurred due to an accident or injury. These tangible losses are the most common type of damages awarded in court.
- Lost wages – Compensation for income missed due to the accident and recovery period.
- Medical bills – All costs associated with medical treatment, including doctor visits, surgeries, medication, and physical therapy.
- Lost earning capacity – If your injury impacts your future earning potential, we can seek damages for this loss.
- Out-of-pocket expenses – Any additional costs related to the accident, such as transportation to medical appointments, childcare, or household help during recovery.
- Property damage – Reimbursement for repairs or replacement of your damaged vehicle or other personal belongings.
Non-economic damages compensate for the unseen suffering caused by the crash. While more challenging to quantify than a broken windshield, these damages can be just as real and debilitating.
Non-economic damages seek to acknowledge invisible burdens, potentially covering:
- Pain and suffering – This encompasses both the physical agony of injuries and the emotional distress of the accident, including fear, grief, and depression.
- Loss of companionship – The accident may affect your ability to maintain healthy and fulfilling relationships with family and friends, creating a sense of isolation and loneliness.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Activities you once found pleasurable may be overshadowed by pain, anxiety, or fear, diminishing your overall quality of life.
- Emotional trauma – Witnessing or experiencing the violence of a crash can leave lasting scars on your mental well-being, potentially leading to post-traumatic stress disorder or other mental health conditions.
- Loss of quality of life – The accident may cause limitations in your physical or mental abilities, impacting your ability to work, pursue hobbies, or maintain relationships, leading to a diminished sense of well-being.
Punitive damages, unlike the first two types, are awarded less frequently. They’re not guaranteed, as they aim to punish the defendant for outrageous behavior, not simply compensate you for losses.
In California, claiming punitive damages requires proving the defendant acted with fraud, oppression, or malice. This “clear and convincing” evidence standard is stricter than other damages, making it challenging, especially in car accidents. Examples where it might be appropriate include drunk driving or road rage.
Consulting one of the best West Hollywood car accident lawyers is crucial to determining your eligibility for punitive damages. Proving them can be challenging but can also send a strong message to deter future wrongdoing.
Determining Liability In West Hollywood Car Accident Cases
Being involved in a severe accident, either personally or with a loved one, naturally raises the question of compensation for the pain and suffering endured. In California, two routes exist to hold the other party accountable: proving their negligence under common law or demonstrating a violation of state traffic laws.
Common-law negligence requires establishing four elements:
- Duty of Care – The other driver was responsible for operating their vehicle safely and responsibly, adhering to traffic regulations, and avoiding harm to others.
- Breach of Duty – The driver’s actions fell short of this expected standard, exhibiting a lack of reasonable care in the given situation.
- Causation – The driver’s negligence directly caused the accident and any resulting damages.
- Damages – The accident resulted in physical or mental injury or financial loss for you.
Alternatively, establishing statutory negligence is simpler, involving proof that the other driver violated a specific provision of the California Vehicle Code or another relevant law. A police report stating such a violation assumes the driver’s negligence. They then have the burden to prove otherwise or face legal responsibility for the accident.
Morales v. Construction Group Staffing (settled on 7/23/2020) – settlement involving a client who was catastrophically injured when he fell from a height of 4 stories down a shaft. This is a record breaking California Workers’ Compensation settlement. Read more about this case on Yahoo! Finance News– TINA ESHGHIEH
What Is the Deadline For Filing A Car Accident Lawsuit In West Hollywood, California?
There’s no time to waste when suing after an accident. You only have two years of statute of limitations from the crash date or the date you discovered your injury to file a lawsuit. Time flies, and you’ll likely need to deal with insurance companies and the other driver before you file. Immediately consulting Arash Law’s West Hollywood car accident lawyers is crucial to avoid missing the deadline. If you file too late, your case will be thrown out.
Car Accident Statistics in California
California’s bustling roadways are affected by a high frequency of car accidents, leading to extensive property damage, injuries, and, tragically, even fatalities. According to the California Highway Patrol’s Statewide Integrated Traffic Records System (SWITRS), a staggering 269,031 injuries and 3,737 deaths were attributed to car accidents in 2019 alone. While recent estimates for 2022 indicate a slight decrease in injuries to 221,559, there is a concerning increase in fatalities, with 4,030 lives lost.
Our car accident lawyers in West Hollywood have aggressively advocated for injured victims for decades. Recognizing the rising risks on our roads, we’re committed to raising awareness and empowering those impacted by car crashes. If you’ve been involved in an accident, don’t wait – schedule a free consultation today.
FAQs About Car Accidents In West Hollywood, California
Should I accept the Insurance Company's settlement offer?
Driven by profit, insurance companies prioritize their bottom line even when dealing with injury claims. They often offer settlements that need to cover a claimant’s true expenses and losses to maximize gains.
Therefore, seeking legal counsel is crucial if your insurance company makes an offer. The initial offer is typically lower than fair, requiring a counteroffer with greater compensation.
Should I Take Legal Action If Defendant Blames Me For The Car Accident?
California’s “pure comparative negligence” law allows you to recover compensation even if you’re partially at fault. However, any damages you receive will be reduced by your percentage of responsibility. For example, if you’re 25% responsible, you’ll only get 75% of your total damages.
While recovering some compensation is better than nothing, we aim to protect you from blame altogether. So, if anyone, including their insurance company, hints at your fault, contact our West Hollywood car accident attorneys immediately.
Need Legal Help? Contact Our West Hollywood Car Accident Attorneys Today!
Every day that passes after a car accident makes it harder to gather evidence crucial to your case. Don’t let your injury claim get tangled in paperwork. At Arash Law, we offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis – meaning we only get paid if we win you compensation. Call us at (888) 488-1391 today. We’re here to listen, understand your story, and fight for a fair outcome.
Our WeHo car accident lawyers represent individuals and families throughout West Hollywood and the surrounding areas like Whitley Heights, Hollywood, Hollywood Dell, Fairfax, Greater Wilshire Hancock Park, Central LA, La Brea, Brookside, Miracle Mile, Little Ethiopia, Beverly Hills, Beverly Grove, The Flats, Beverly Crest, The Bird Streets, and Trousdale Estates.