Corona DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
Corona DUI Accident Victim Attorneys Who are Personally Committed to Securing Your Justice
No one is safe when someone drives under the influence while on Corona’s public roads. If you are suffering from an injury from a DUI crash, bring your claim to our Corona DUI accident victim attorneys at Arash Law. Call us at (888) 488-1391 or fill out our “Do I Have A Case?” form online so we can schedule your initial consultation with our lawyers.
Individuals who drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs cause serious injury and death on an annual basis in the city of Corona, California. From 2009 to 2018, there have been a total of 9,288 DUI fatalities in California alone. Both victims and their family members often feel traumatized and violated after being involved in a DUI accident.
Traffic laws and regulations are designed to reduce the overall number of DUI crashes in California, but motorists still choose to drive while intoxicated. It is possible for the victim and their family members to seek financial compensation for the injuries they suffered and the losses they sustained. This is where our Corona DUI accident victim attorneys come in. Arash Law, under the supervision of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has a team of lawyers with a proven track record among our clients in Corona and has recovered more than $500 Million for their claims. We will stop at nothing to bring justice to you and your family.
Morales v. Construction Group Staffing (settled on 7/23/2020) – settlement involving a client who was catastrophically injured when he fell from a height of 4 stories down a shaft. This is a record breaking California Workers’ Compensation settlement. Read more about this case on Yahoo! Finance News– TINA ESHGHIEH
DUI Accidents Affecting Residents in The City of Corona
Situated forty-five miles east of Los Angeles, the city of Corona is a part of Riverside County. Residents commute to and from these two cities every day. Although the city retains a rural atmosphere, it is filled with commercial real estate. Residents here enjoy outdoor swimming areas, multiple skate parks, tennis courts, gymnasiums, and approximately 394 acres of public parks.
Trusted Results From Our Corona DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
DUI Rates in Corona, California
- Based on the data provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were a total of 51 alcohol-involved crashes that resulted in injuries or fatalities within the city.
- Corona has a share in the 30.8% of driving deaths with alcohol involvement within Riverside County.
- The city recorded about 143 DUI arrests in 2020, which is lower than the 245 arrests recorded in the previous year.
Common Causes of DUI Accidents in Corona
- Corona is a popular vacation destination. The city is within driving distance of Los Angeles and other towns inside Los Angeles County. Those who spend time in Corona can find plenty of great places to eat and drink. Unfortunately, some people consume too much alcohol when they are on vacation. As these vacationers travel to the city, they may get behind the wheel of a car while they are intoxicated.
- Public transportation is limited in the city of Corona. Only a select few options are available for those who need public transportation in the city. The Metrolink train is only operative during specific hours, and the train is typically closed during the evening. Dial-a-Ride and Corona Cruiser’s Blue and Red Lines are the two bus systems in Corona. However, their buses do not travel during the late-night hours. Individuals who may be out enjoying themselves in restaurants and bars do not have many options if they want to use public transportation.
- Corona features many clubs, bars, breweries, and restaurants that cater to late-night crowds. Those who are visiting southern California may not want to spend their weekends in the city and instead choose to drive to Los Angeles, which is fifty minutes away. Intoxicated drivers who attempt to make the trip to Los Angeles may find themselves involved in a DUI crash. Drivers who have had only two or three drinks are still at risk of causing an accident resulting in serious bodily injury or death.
- Riverside County is home to numerous intersections where many automobile collisions occur. DUI accidents are more likely to take place at the following intersections:
1. Gilman Springs and Bridge Street in Moreno Valley
2. Winchester and Ynez Road in Temecula
3. Van Buren and Arlington Avenue in Riverside
4. Magnolia Avenue and Tyler Street in Riverside
Common Behaviors Exhibited by Intoxicated Drivers
- Driving in and out of a designated lane
- Not paying attention to other automobiles on the road
- Misjudging distance and travel time
- Impaired coordination
- Unable to respond to changing traffic conditions in a prompt manner
Common Drugs Associated with DUI Accidents
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Herbal supplements
- Opioids, depressants, and stimulants
Most Common Types of Injuries Caused by DUI Accidents in Corona
Parties Liable for DUI Accidents in Corona
The intoxicated driver is often the sole liable party in DUI crashes that arise due to their negligence and intoxication. However, some DUI accident cases may involve other parties that may be liable for the victim’s injuries.
Our DUI accident victim attorneys understand which parties may be liable for an accident victim’s injuries. A lawyer can assess the facts of your case and determine which individuals or entities may be responsible for causing the DUI accident.
Penalties Associated with DUI Convictions in Corona
Any driver who is arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs may face many different penalties, including the following:
- The arrestee may be facing ninety days to one year in a state prison or county jail if it is the driver’s second offense and it happened within ten years of the first DUI conviction. Most fines for a second DUI conviction are between $390 and $1000.
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152 states that an offense is punishable by incarceration that lasts no longer than ninety-six hours. The fine for this offense may be between $390 and $1,000.
Different Damages Victims May Claim in DUI Accident Cases
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Domestic services such as child care, shopping, and cleaning
- Loss of personal property
- Physical therapy
- Nursing services
- Lost earnings
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Damage to reputation
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases in Corona
The statute of limitations is a period of time during which an individual victim must file their legal claims. An accident victim may be unable to seek financial compensation for their injuries if they file a civil lawsuit outside of during this period.
If you suffered an injury during a DUI collision, then you need to speak to a DUI accident victim attorney. It is imperative that you educate yourself about the statute of limitations period and ascertain how much time you have to file a civil lawsuit against the defendants. A skilled personal injury lawyer can review the facts of your case and determine how best to protect your legal interests. A DUI accident victim lawyer will need to collect evidence, examine the accident scene, and request medical records related to your injuries.
DUI Accident Victim Attorneys in Corona
Accident victims who suffer injuries during DUI accidents might deal with years of physical and psychological recovery. Many victims suffer devastating injuries when they are struck by an intoxicated driver. These individuals have the legal right to seek monetary compensation for their injuries. You need to focus on what you can do to strengthen your case and begin making progress toward getting your civil lawsuit filed.
- Being prepared to go to trial and seek financial compensation on your behalf
- Conducting negotiation settlements with other parties, such as the liable party’s insurance company and other entities
- Retaining expert witnesses who can produce expert reports for your civil lawsuit
- Providing responses to your questions about the status of the case
- Ascertaining which case strategies to pursue
- Performing a case evaluation and drafting a civil complaint
- Helping you understand the benefits of attorney-client privilege and attorney-client confidentiality
Contact Arash Law’s Award-Winning Corona DUI Accident Victim Attorneys
Suffering from an injury because of a DUI accident? It will be difficult for you to recover without receiving proper compensation from the at-fault parties. The damage and losses that you and your loved ones sustained will be given justice by our DUI accident victim attorneys in Corona.
Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., helps injured victims seek financial compensation for their injuries. We have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases and have recovered over $500 Million for clients throughout California. We focus on your case, and we are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies and assert the rights of our clients.
Our law firm extends its services to nearby areas in Riverside County, such as Chino, Chino Hills, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Mira Loma, Montclair, Norco, Ontario, Pedley, Rancho Cucamonga, Rubidoux, Yorba Linda, as well as Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego, Bakersfield, and Fresno and other major cities in California.
When you suffer injuries because of drunk drivers, call Arash Law’s Corona DUI accident victim attorneys at (888) 488-1391 for legal assistance in seeking fair compensation.