San Bernardino Accident Attorneys
- Accident Statistics in San Bernardino
- Reasons for Auto Accidents in San Bernardino
- Motorcycle Crash Statistics in San Bernardino
- Types of Cases Our San Bernardino Accident Attorneys Cases We Handle
- 8 Crucial Steps What to Do After an Accident
- Types of Injuries Our San Bernardino Attorneys Address
- Truck Accident Attorneys in San Bernardino
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Lyft and Uber Accidents
San Bernardino Accident Attorneys who Recovered Millions For Injury Victims
Various damages can be the result of an accident, including property damage, bodily injuries, and even fatalities. If you were injured in an accident in San Bernardino, you might be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Our San Bernardino accident attorneys at Arash Law can help you recover damages. Call our legal experts today at (888) 488-1391 for a free consultation.
An automobile accident can be a devastating event that may lead to subsequent, life-altering trauma. These damages can potentially lead to financial losses, for which any victim has the right to be compensated fully.
If you have been involved in a vehicle accident, contact the San Bernardino accident attorneys at Arash Law. Our attorneys have decades of experience handling personal injury cases for injured people in San Bernardino and throughout the state. Having represented thousands of satisfied clients, let us take care of the insurance company negotiations and guide you successfully through the legal process. With us, all you need to do is focus on your recovery so you can get back to a fulfilled life.
Our legal team at Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has helped victims get the compensation they deserve after getting hurt in an accident. The effects of suffering a vehicle accident can be daunting and extensive. We understand that without legal representation, your odds of full financial recovery are diminished greatly. Our San Bernardino accident attorneys at Arash Law are completely dedicated to helping victims navigate the legal processes and look forward to relieving clients of the stress they entail. We work hard to ensure our clients are taken care of, including getting access to medical care, in-court representation, and a full and fair settlement.
Gil v. Anderson Plumbing: verdict by a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury in Van Nuys awarded to a man who was injured when his vehicle was struck from behind by a large commercial plumbing van. Benny was part of the trial team that obtained this verdict.– BENNY KHORSANDI
Accident Statistics in San Bernardino
According to the data provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were at least 15,104 people injured or killed in vehicle accidents in San Bernardino County in 2017. Within the San Bernardino city limits, 1,429 people were injured or killed in motor vehicle accidents. Additionally, 756 people suffered an injury or were killed in traffic accidents in the adjacent city of Fontana, California.
Overall, San Bernardino County was near the bottom for the number of accidents involving bicycle riders or pedestrians, but it was in the top ten for the number of accidents that resulted from underage drinking. Accidents involving impaired drivers resulted in at least 80 injuries or fatalities. Many Individuals and their families have come forward to our San Bernardino accident attorneys for help during these incidents.
Reasons for Auto Accidents in San Bernardino
Over the last few decades, there was a population explosion in San Bernardino that added hundreds of thousands to millions of automobiles on the roads. Because of the increased population, there are more households having more than one vehicle. This, in turn, leads to an increased number of motor vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrian accidents throughout the city. In 2018, more than 80% of residents in San Bernardino commuted to work by car.
More so, there has been an increase in illegal street racing in the county. This form of reckless driving has led to many accidents in the area and has become more prevalent as the population increases. In fact, some of our accident attorneys in San Bernardino have handled many of these cases.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics in San Bernardino
On average, motorcyclists are almost 30 times more likely to suffer fatality in a traffic accident than those in passenger vehicles. Motorcyclists are exposed to the elements and are much more vulnerable to serious injury because they do not have the same covering as other passenger vehicles. Arash Law’s San Bernardino accident attorneys won millions of settlements and awards for the victims of motorcycle collisions.
Cities with the Highest Number of Motorcycle Crashes in 2018
- Ontario – At least 51 people were injured or killed in motorcycle accidents, which ranked 13th among California cities that are similar in size.
- Redlands – At least 45 people were injured or killed, and ranked second for motorcycle accidents among California cities that are similar in size.
- Victorville – At least 32 people were injured or killed in motorcycle accidents, ranking it 14th among California cities that are similar in size.
Types of Cases Our San Bernardino Accident Attorneys Handle
8 Crucial Steps to Do After an Accident
- Get out of harm’s way – The most important thing following an auto accident is to get out of the way of any danger. One should move away from traffic to avoid more damage being caused to other drivers.
- Move the vehicle – The driver should move their vehicle if they are physically able.
- Contact law enforcement – Contacting the authorities is important, as they will arrive to gather witness statements and write a police report.
- Take pictures – Take pictures of the accident scene, along with any damage to the vehicle.
- Get witness statements – Gather the information of any person who witnessed the accident, including names, addresses, and phone numbers. This information will be useful in determining liability and in a trial if the case is taken to court.
- Obtain a copy of the police report – Getting a copy of the official police report is critical for the legal process when determining liability.
- Seek medical attention – Irrespective of the bodily damage, one should always seek medical attention following a car accident to ensure there are not any potential long-term injuries that can occur.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney – The sooner an auto accident attorney is called, the better. To support your claim, your San Bernardino accident attorneys can gather evidence and key witnesses. The goal is to expedite the legal process and ensure proper guidance is received.
Types of Injuries Our San Bernardino Accident Attorneys Address
- Broken bones – Broken bones or fractures often occur when a driver collides with another vehicle, causing them to be ejected from their vehicle.
- Road rash, burns, and lacerations – These injuries can be sustained when a driver is ejected from the vehicle and slides across the road or if some form of fire results from the accident. This type of injury normally happens to the hands, arms, knees, or legs and can lead to infection if not treated correctly.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can occur and lead to more extensive injuries, such as brain trauma or paralysis.
- Internal organ injuries – Sometimes, internal bleeding and organ damage can result from an accident.
- Brain injuries – Brain injuries can also occur when a driver has been struck in the head because of an accident.
- Amputation – Some auto accident injuries are so severe that a limb can be lost. This injury is known as an amputation injury. The limb has to be surgically removed due to the damage being too extensive.
- Fatalities or wrongful death – The most unfortunate result of any auto accident is when death occurs. Throughout the years, our San Bernardino accident attorneys have helped hundreds of families whose loved ones died due to the negligence of other people.
Truck Accident Attorneys in San Bernardino
Another prominent form of case that our San Bernardino accident attorneys address is truck accidents. The legal process of addressing this is like other auto accidents, but there are a few differences.
Determining Negligence in Truck Accident Cases
Another facet of negligence is the breach. A breach happens when a driver fails to exercise reasonable care, which can include stopping at a stop sign, running a red light, failing to yield, speeding, etc. This rule generally applies to a driver breaking any mandate that can cause potential harm to a pedestrian or fellow driver.
An accident victim must prove that the truck driver or another party caused the accident. Whoever caused the accident is generally responsible for paying the costs of the victim’s damages.
If a trucking company fails to keep track of a driver’s qualification either during the hiring or retention process, they may be deemed negligent in an accident. For example, if an employer hires a driver who has an impaired driving record and keeps them on board, the company may be liable for negligent hiring and retention. In addition, a trucking company must sufficiently supervise all employees, ensuring each driver is fulfilling any job and not working too many hours.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Our San Bernardino accident attorneys listed various explanations why truck accidents can occur. Below is a list of the reasons truck accidents happen in San Bernardino.
A rollover accident is defined as typically a large vehicle colliding with another vehicle or structure and subsequently flipping onto its top. Since commercial trucks are large, they are more prone to rollovers than normal vehicles. Rollovers can be dangerous for the driver and others on the road, leading to pileups and various injuries.
Another cause of not just truck accidents but car accidents is an impaired driver. An impaired driver is under the influence of drugs (prescription or recreational) or alcohol. For commercial truckers, operating their vehicle while impaired by any substance can cause severe damage to one or multiple people on the road. As such, they are engaging in flagrant negligence and are liable for the totality of the accident.
Settlement in a Wrongful Death Motor Vehicle Accident – largest Wrongful Death Settlement in Monterey County in 2020 – Top 20 Wrongful Death Settlement in California for 2020;– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Lyft and Uber Accidents
Another major form of accidents that San Bernardino accident attorneys cover is rideshare accidents, such as Lyft and Uber. Rideshare services have revolutionized the way the public approaches transportation and increased the number of vehicles on the road. As such, victims must be assisted if they are involved in a rideshare accident.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
- The other driver was negligent.
- The victim of the accident suffered an injury.
- The other driver’s negligence caused the victim’s injuries.
Rideshare Companies Responsibilities
- Local and national criminal background checks
- Driving record for traffic-related crimes
- Defensive driving courses
- Risk factor identification training and crash avoidance
- Sexual harassment and assault training
- Online screening of the applicant’s criminal record and driving history
Contact Arash Law's San Bernardino Accident Attorneys Today
The attorneys at Arash Law, headed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., have decades of experience helping our clients get the compensation they are entitled to after a traffic accident, with over $500 Million awarded compensation thus far. When a victim suffers a loss after an accident, they need a legal team to help assist them as they recover physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. Our legal team takes the utmost pride in making sure victims get what they deserve. We will take care of the legal side of the recovery.
If you are in the San Bernardino area, contact us today at (888) 488-1391, or feel free to use our online chat to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We also serve nearby areas, like Ontario, Chino Hills, Upland, Fontana, Rialto, Colton, Grand Terrace, Montclair, Rancho Cucamonga, Loma Linda, Highland, Redlands, and beyond. We look forward to hearing from you. We are here to help.