Santa Monica Uber Accident Lawyers
- Typical Reasons for Uber Accidents in Santa Monica
- Common Injuries Resulting from Uber Accidents in Santa Monica
- Steps You Should Take After An Uber Accident
- How Long Do I Have to File An Uber Accident Claim in Santa Monica?
- What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After An Uber Accident?
- Who is Liable in An Uber Accident in Santa Monica?
- Uber Driver Downtime Claim
- Why Would Insurance Company Dispute My Uber Accident Claim?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Santa Monica Uber Accident Claims
- Why Choose Arash Law’s Santa Monica Uber Accident Lawyers?
Powerful Santa Monica Uber Accident Lawyers Who Turn Injured Victims Into Victors
The community relies on ridesharing apps like Uber for cost-effective transportation, especially after enjoying the vibrant nightlife in Santa Monica. To safeguard against the consequences of DUI accidents and other traffic incidents involving Uber, you must be aware of your rights and consider consulting our veteran Santa Monica Uber accident lawyers if you’re ever involved.
April 2019: $14M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a defective piece of equipment at a factory.– BRIAN BEECHER
Typical Reasons for Uber Accidents in Santa Monica
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Driver impairment
- Distracted driving
- Disregard for traffic signs/signals
- Failure to yield
Common Injuries Resulting from Uber Accidents in Santa Monica
- Whether you were wearing a seatbelt
- The presence and deployment of airbags
- Your seating position—front or back
TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) or Concussion – This is a severe injury with potential long-term consequences.
Wrongful Death– In a worst-case scenario, grave injuries from Uber accidents can result in deaths. In the tragic event of losing a loved one, we assist families in pursuing wrongful death lawsuits against the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
Steps You Should Take After An Uber Accident
- Call 911 — Always prioritize calling the authorities. Request both police and medical assistance immediately.
- Prioritize Medical Attention and Treatment — Head straight to the hospital, even if injuries seem minor. Immediate medical assessment ensures your well-being and validates the authenticity of any injuries for legal claims.
- Obtain a Police Report — Ensure a detailed report is made. Note down the report number, and collect the attending officer’s name and badge number for future reference.
- Document the Accident Details — Record the exact time and location of the incident. Such details are essential for later investigations or claims.
- Capture Visual Evidence — Utilize your phone to photograph and video the accident scene. Make sure to capture damages to all vehicles involved and any visible injuries. These visuals can be pivotal in legal proceedings.
- Collect Driver Information — Secure the details of all drivers involved, including their driver’s license, registration, insurance, and any relevant contact information.
- Consult with Uber Accident Lawyers — If your accident involves a rideshare service like Uber, it’s crucial to seek advice from experienced Santa Monica Uber accident attorneys. Our legal team at Arash Law specializes in the complexities associated with rideshare accidents and can offer tailored guidance. They will be instrumental in navigating the intricacies of Uber’s insurance policies and ensuring you receive the rightful compensation for your injuries and property damages.
How Long Do I Have to File An Uber Accident Claim in Santa Monica?
In California, there is a legal time limit for filing an Uber accident claim, known as the statute of limitations. Generally, you have two years from the date of an accident to file a claim or initiate a lawsuit.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After An Uber Accident?
Like any motor vehicle accident, an Uber incident can result in severe, life-changing injuries. If the accident wasn’t your fault, you might be eligible for compensation for injuries or damage sustained. This compensation can include:
- Medical bills, including ER treatments, surgeries, and other medical interventions
- Physical and occupational therapy costs, such as chiropractic care
- Mental health counseling
- Expenses for home health care or personal assistance
- Property damage, including repair and replacement costs from autobody repair shops
- Wages lost during recovery
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering
- Psychological trauma
- Reduced life quality or diminished enjoyment in daily activities
Who is Liable in An Uber Accident in Santa Monica?
- Duty – Under the given circumstances, the defendant (Uber or its driver) had a legal obligation to ensure the plaintiff’s safety.
- Breach – Uber failed to uphold this duty through specific actions or omissions.
- Causation – The plaintiff’s injury directly resulted from the defendant’s actions or lack thereof.
- Damages – The plaintiff sustained harm or injury due to the defendant’s actions.
While an Uber driver is on a trip, they possess up to $1 million in liability coverage. However, if the accident involves an Uber driver logged into the app but not engaged in a ride, their coverage is limited to $25,000 for property damages and up to $100,000 in total liability, with a per-person limit of $50,000.
- The absence of mandated training and comprehensive safety protocols for their drivers.
- The lack of obligatory vehicle inspections and regular maintenance.
- The potential risks posed by their GPS system potentially distract drivers and possibly infringe upon existing laws.
Uber Driver Downtime Claim
Why Would Insurance Company Dispute My Uber Accident Claim?
It’s common practice for insurance companies to attempt to deny or reduce claim payments to individuals involved in car accidents. The fact is that they work for their financial gains. This is why it’s essential to have a good attorney on your side, one who will rigorously investigate your claim and advocate for your best interests.
We strongly advise accident victims against entering into negotiations with insurance company representatives. These adjusters are not prioritizing your well-being. Acting on any document they present without the review of skilled Santa Monica Uber accident attorneys from Arash Law might lead to unintentionally forfeiting substantial compensation entitlements.
Our proficient Santa Monica Uber accident lawyers are intimately familiar with the emotional, physical, and financial tolls that motor vehicle accidents can bring upon victims and their families. We have an impressive track record of litigating diverse car accident cases, encompassing scenarios from head-on impacts to elusive hit-and-run incidents.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Frequently Asked Questions About Santa Monica Uber Accident Claims
Absolutely. The responsibility of your driver in the accident does not negate your right to compensation for injuries sustained during an Uber ride.
When an Uber driver accepts a ride, the company's insurance comes into play, eliminating the need for the driver to rely on personal insurance in the event of an accident. If the Uber driver is not actively serving a passenger or waiting for a ride request—essentially "off the clock”—their personal insurance becomes the primary coverage.
When another party is at fault, their insurance might be limited, sometimes up to just $50,000. This limitation underscores the significance of the ridesharing insurance policy, which provides up to $1 million in coverage. This policy also covers situations where the other involved drivers might be uninsured or underinsured.
Why Choose Arash Law’s Santa Monica Uber Accident Lawyers?
Arash Law, managed by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., is committed to providing a streamlined and secure legal process for Uber accident cases. Our Uber accident lawyers offer free and confidential consultations via phone or teleconference, eliminating the need for in-person meetings. Time is of the essence in Uber crash cases, and our attorneys swiftly initiate investigations upon claim validation.
What Makes Us Different From Other Firms in Santa Monica
- We’ll get you the maximum compensation
- We’ll take your case to court if Uber or insurance companies refuse to settle
- We’ll get your medical bills paid
- We’ll recover your lost wages
- We’ll get your vehicle repaired or replaced
- We’ll come to your location – anytime, anywhere
- We’ll get you access to the top medical specialists
- We’ll provide complimentary transportation
Contact The Uber Accident Lawyers Santa Monica Relies On
Arash Khorsandi, Esq., and his team of dedicated personal injury lawyers at Arash Law are committed to advocating for your rights and ensuring you obtain the justice and compensation you’re entitled to.