Tulare Car Accident Lawyers
- Tulare County Fatal Car Accident Statistics
- Different Kinds of Tulare Car Accidents
- Forms of Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
- Financial Recovery Available for Victims and The Value of A Car Accident Case in Tulare
- California Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
- How Insurance Companies Attempt to Eradicate Your Right to Recovery
- When to Seek a Tulare Car Accident Law Firm
Powerful Tulare Car Accident Lawyers dedicated to Safeguarding Victims’ Rights to Compensation
Victims of car accidents in Tulare need legal representation to navigate the complexities of seeking compensation. Arash Law, founded by the renowned attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., boasts some of the finest Tulare car accident lawyers in the industry. Dedicated to serving the Tulare community and its neighboring areas, our team stands beside injury victims every step of the way.
Tulare, a city in Tulare County, has a population of 59,278 according to the 2010 census. Located in the San Joaquin Valley, it sits just eight miles south of Visalia and sixty miles north of Bakersfield. It got its name from Tulare Lake, which used to be the largest freshwater lake west of the Great Lakes. The city is a hub for product movement because of its proximity to these landmarks: the Stockton seaport being 170 miles away, the Sacramento port 270 miles away, and the San Francisco and Los Angeles ports 200 miles away.
Our client was driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines, causing a head-on collision that claimed the life of a loving wife and mother.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Tulare County Fatal Car Accident Statistics
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, car accident rates are significantly higher in the United States than in other high-income countries. Accidents involving all kinds of vehicles are the leading cause of preventable death nationwide. That causes significant concern for Tulare County residents. Some statistics that are noteworthy include:
Different Kinds of Tulare Car Accidents
The kind of car accident you are involved in factors into the severity of your injury and your insurance claim later on. These tragic incidents can happen within seconds and for many reasons. Some of the most common types of Tulare car accidents include:
Common Injuries from Car Accidents that Require Compensation
Car accidents happen unexpectedly, leaving many victims without the financial means to recover. Getting medical attention can be challenging without the right resources, which is why getting a fair settlement is vital for those injured. Arash Law works with doctors and treatment centers to ensure our clients receive high levels of care and attention, all without any out-of-pocket expense.
- Traumatic brain injuries – The brain is very delicate, and injuries to this organ or its surrounding area can be detrimental to the victim. Some of these injuries are mild or moderate concussions. Others might escalate to a traumatic brain injury that requires lifelong care. Blunt force trauma can also lead to skull injuries. Some symptoms include short-term memory loss, sensitivity to light, hearing impairment, and loss of consciousness. Since this can cause permanent cognitive impairments, victims will need evaluations from neurologists or neuropsychologists to determine the extent of their injuries.
- Facial injuries – Car accidents can cause the head to hit various vehicle parts. Hitting your face can make you suffer a broken nose, teeth, etc. You can also suffer jaw injuries, facial scarring, and disfigurement, the last two of which are permanent. These injuries, therefore, require immediate care.
- Fractures – Hairline and compound fractures are common after car accidents. Aside from pain, some severe fractures can lead to permanent disability.
- Orthopedic injuries – Some common injuries include fractured ankles, knee damage, hand and wrist damage, and broken bones. Orthopedists can evaluate and treat these injuries depending on their specialties.
- Soft-tissue injuries – Ligaments, tendons, and muscles are soft-tissue injuries that cause a limited range of motion and pain.
- Back injuries – Disc damage, lower back injuries, mid back injuries, and lumbar injuries are common back injuries. You can also suffer sciatic pain.
- Whiplash and spinal cord injuries – One of the most traumatic and common injuries from car accidents is spinal cord damage. To ascertain the extent of such damage, a doctor specializing in the spine can determine if you have a spinal cord injury. After such a determination, you will need a thorough evaluation by an orthopedist or pain management physician. Typically, these injuries require imaging scans to be conducted. Physicians can then diagnose your pain’s cause and devise a treatment plan based on the results.
Forms of Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
- Rehabilitation costs
- Medical expenses
- Chiropractic care
- Ambulance and EMS expenses
- Transportation expenses to treatment facilities
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Property damage
- Time off work
- Permanent disability
- Reduction of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Wrongful death
Protecting Your Rights to Recovery – Essential Things to Do After A Car Accident
Since compensation is vital to your recovery, you must guarantee your rights to it are safeguarded. But victims are going through enough already; the added stress of ensuring their right to financial recovery shouldn’t be one of them. You can take several steps to secure a full and fair settlement:
- Seek medical attention – Diagnosis and treatment are essential to your injury claim. They play a vital role in increasing its potential value. By establishing a link between the accident and your injuries, the potential jury will see that your serious bodily harm was due to another person’s negligence.
- Review the police report – At the scene, someone must call 911 to report the accident. First responders will get to the scene and assess the damages, injuries, and cause of the crash. You, through the help of dedicated Tulare car accident lawyers, can contact the local police department to recover the accident report, which contains vital information about the collision.
- Gather witness statements – Some witnesses will stay at the scene, wait for the police, and provide an account of the accident. Others will not. If there are witnesses and you can talk to them, get their contact information. Your legal counsel can speak to them at a later date.
- Collect evidence at the scene of the accident– Pictures and other evidence are essential when filing a claim. If you can take pictures, do so. You should attempt to capture the traffic lights, road defects, weather conditions, and location. Also, take photos of the vehicles and injuries you suffered.
- DO NOT speak to the insurance adjuster – You might be expecting that the insurance companies will help you through this challenging situation. They won’t tell you, though, that they work for their best interest, doing whatever they can to lower your claim or eliminate your chances of recovery. Do not speak to them without representation from qualified car accident lawyers in Tulare on your side, as they will use your words against you.
- Beware of tow trucks – They can seem harmless, but you should be wary of them. Some tow trucks drive around and stop at accident scenes without being called. Some companies won’t tell you that they will charge you for towing and storing your vehicle. They take advantage of accident victims by charging exorbitant fees.
- Speak to reputable car accident lawyers Tulare trusts – The best way to recover compensation after a car accident in Tulare is to have legal representation. You have rights, and we know what they are. The insurance company hopes you do not know them or that you have no assistance. Our yeap in Tulare City are here to fight for you.
Winning Your Case in Court – Elements Tulare Car Accident Lawyers Need to Prove
- There was a duty of care.
- The at-fault party breached the duty.
- The breach caused the accident.
- The accident resulted in injuries.
You must seek the assistance of a competent personal injury attorney. We will go over your case, working with you through every process to ensure you understand your claim and know where it is going. During the case review, we can often tell if all these elements are present. That also helps establish case merit. The award-winning Tulare car accident lawyers from Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., have valuable experience proving these elements.
Financial Recovery Available for Victims and The Value of A Car Accident Case in Tulare
- Medical expenses – The higher your medical expenses are, the more money you must pursue. High medical expenses come with severe or preventable injuries, which can lead to higher settlement amounts.
- Property damage – The damage your car sustains is another factor involved in your case’s value. If your vehicle is severely damaged, then you likely have severe injuries. Otherwise, your injuries might not be as substantial. At least, that is how the issuance provider will try to argue against you. The worse your property damage is, the more you will need in a settlement.
- Psychological trauma – We understand that car accidents not only cause physical injuries but psychological pains as well. Unfortunately, some Tulare car accident lawyers do not consider the psychological impacts that car accidents can lead to. Many car accident victims in Tulare suffer from nightmares, flashbacks, and distress. Some of these symptoms get worse, leading to PTSD. We at Arash Law recognize how vital your mental health is to your overall well-being.
- Lost income – Any lost revenue resulting from the car accident must be included in the valuation of your case. If you are incapable of working in the same capacity or at all, that must also be considered. You can take time off work to go to the doctor because your injury prevents you from working.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
California Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
How Insurance Companies Attempt to Eradicate Your Right to Recovery ?
The better equipped you are to face the insurance adjusters, the higher your chances of getting fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Below, you will find a list of the tricks the insurers will use against injury victims when trying to deny their claims. You can fight these tactics with the help of skilled car accident lawyers Tulare relies on.
- Delaying the claim process – When you suffer an injury, you want to get paid for your medical expenses. Victims will contact the insurance company, hoping they will help pay for their medical necessities. However, the adjuster will inform you that your claim needs to be processed first. Since you are unsure of your rights and do not have legal representation, you wait for the adjuster to call back. Your call is returned after some time, only to be told they are having communication issues with the other driver. They will continue to give you excuses for why they cannot process your claim, which is a delay tactic. They know the longer you go without treatment, the less your case is worth. It also helps them show that you are delayed in getting care and, therefore, aren’t as injured as you claim.
- Reducing your property damage estimate – Your car likely has damage. Now, since the insurance company is responsible for paying for those damages, they will send you to a certified auto body repair shop. The truth is these shops have experience reducing the damage estimate of your vehicle. Since they know that property damage is used as evidence, they can taint the evidence to hurt your future claim. Property damage can also lead to substantial injuries and add to the severity of the collision.
- Getting your recorded statement – Often, you will have clouded judgment as adrenaline rushes through you. The chemicals in your body are in shock, covering up the pain you are experiencing. Once you settle down, you can begin to feel pain in places you didn’t realize were injured. Insurance adjusters are aware of these facts, and they will rush to contact you, sometimes within hours of the collision to ask about your pain and injuries. They hope you say no because your body hasn’t had the time yet to assess your pain.
- Lying about your coverage – Insurance companies know car accident victims trust them. They will then use their trust against you and lie about your coverage for damages, telling you that your policy only covers bodily injury, not pain and suffering. They will also lie that you cannot recover lost income. Reliable Tulare car accident lawyers ensure the victims are well informed that they’re entitled to seek compensation for all the damages they incur, including pain and suffering, future medical care, and property damage.
Why Do I Need Legal Assistance from Tulare Car Accident Lawyers?
When to Seek A Tulare Car Accident Law Firm
Contact The Award-Winning Car Accident Lawyers Tulare Trust Today
The professional Tulare car accident lawyers from Arash Law, led by Arash Khorsandi, Esq., can provide legal representation whether you or your loved one suffered an injury or was tragically killed. Our legal team will hear your case and determine merit, prepared to represent you against the insurance company and in court if necessary. Our team will fight for a settlement covering your medical bills, vehicle repairs, and future losses.
We have decades of experience in the personal injury arena, recovering over $500 Million for clients throughout the state. We also have the resources and knowledge to help you after a car accident in Tulare County. For more information about our services, call us at (888) 488-1391. We offer free initial consultations to determine the best path forward for every potential client.