Torrance Car Accident Lawyers
Table of Contents
Award-Winning Torrance Car Accident Lawyers Dedicated to Helping Victims Recover Compensation Since 2009
Many car accidents happen in Torrance, a city home to large car companies. If you or a loved one got involved in one, you deserve compensation for your injuries and losses. Arash Khorsandi, Esq. and his team of Torrance car accident lawyers at Arash Law are experienced in holding negligent drivers accountable and ensuring financial recovery for accident victims. If injured, contact us at (888) 488-1391 for a free case consultation.
Torrance, known as the “Balanced City,” is located in Los Angeles County, California, 21 miles from downtown LA, and is part of the metropolitan’s South Bay region. Torrance has excellent weather that attracts residents and tourists alike, with 1.5 miles of beaches near the Pacific Ocean and yearly average rainfall of 1.2 inches. Its nearby cities include Lomita, Lawndale, Rolling Hills Estates, Gardena, and Palos Verdes Estates. Arash Law’s experienced personal injury lawyers in Torrance also help clients in these areas.
According to the 2020 Census, Torrance boasts a population of 147,067 residents. They have access to 30 parks and benefit from living in one of the safest cities in Los Angeles County. Not only is Torrance celebrated for its security, but it also thrives as a booming center of commerce. The city proudly stands as the birthplace of the American Youth Soccer Organization. Additionally, it serves as the home to the World Headquarters of Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc. and the National Headquarters of the American Honda Motor Company.
The scenic highways of Torrance and Southern California provide a great driving experience. Unfortunately, residents in the city are as prone to accidents and injuries as other cities nationwide. Hundreds of drivers use the roads daily, leading to traffic and dangerous situations on the road. In fact, driver error accounts for 90 percent of Torrance car accidents. The statistic also applies to Los Angeles County as a whole.
Our client was driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines, causing a head-on collision that claimed the life of a loving wife and mother.– ARASH KHORSANDI
Why Choose Arash Law’s Torrance Car Accident Lawyers?
Our primary goal is to guarantee that car accident victims receive the best possible settlement results. The aftermath of these accidents can be life-altering, burdening individuals with hospital expenses, medical treatments, lost income, repair bills, and the emotional toll of pain and debt. For many victims, these mounting costs can be overwhelming.
Hawthorne Boulevard, for example, is notorious for road accidents. Unsafe lane changes, speeding, distracted driving, and sudden swerving are some of the most common causes. While minor fender benders frequently occur, there’s also a risk of severe physical injuries or even wrongful death cases. To navigate these complexities and secure the best settlement outcome, it’s crucial to have Torrance car accident lawyers handle the claim process for you.
Proven Track Record
When seeking qualified Torrance car accident lawyers, choose a law firm with a proven track record. With Arash Law, you will not only receive legal expertise but also benefit from the following:
- Our car accident lawyers in Torrance operate on a contingency fee basis, ensuring their extensive legal knowledge is accessible without upfront costs. We only get paid if we win your case.
- We are steadfast in our commitment to protect the rights of injury victims in Torrance.
- Our proactive approach includes lobbying Congress for traffic safety and litigating tort claims. It lets us push for better solutions for our clients and the community at large.
- We remain at the forefront of safety and transportation laws relevant to car accidents in Torrance.
- Our dedication also extends beyond the courtroom—as volunteer advocates, we consistently stay updated on statutory law changes, ensuring the best representation for car accident injury victims.
Leadership and Convenience
- The most aggressive and compassionate legal representation for clients
- Car accident lawyers Torrance trusts that protect your financial well-being, legal rights, and best interests
- Decades of experience achieving favorable outcomes for clients
How Do Local Torrance Car Accident Lawyers Help?
Receiving prompt medical attention and replacing or repairing your vehicles are among the most pressing issues after a Torrance accident. Our Torrance car accident attorneys can offer assistance in both of those areas. Our decades of experience have helped us establish relationships with companies and others that can make these issues easier to resolve.
- Arash Law has professional partnerships with physicians who focus on helping car accident victims. We can connect you with the appropriate medical providers to help you with your injuries.
- We go one step further and help with vehicle repairs. Our team has partnerships with autobody shops. We can arrange alternative transportation while your vehicle is being repaired. We ensure you get the vehicle you need and not just what the insurance company can offer you.
- The most critical challenge our Torrance car accident lawyers help with is obtaining the compensation you deserve. We use our knowledge and proven methods to receive maximum compensation even in complex car crash claims.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers in Torrance Charge?
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
As mentioned above, driver error is the leading cause of vehicle collisions. Other causes of car accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – Impairment is a leading cause of fatal car accidents. Alcohol impairs judgment, cognitive abilities, and coordination, which are all necessary to drive safely.
- Reckless driving – Speeding, aggression, weaving, and other irresponsible actions on the road contribute to many fatal accidents and wrongful death claims.
- Distracted driving – Changing the radio, talking to passengers, using cell phones, and having pets and children are all common distractions while driving that can lead to collisions.
- Unsafe road conditions – Inclement weather, like strong winds and heavy rain, can make driving challenging. It can cause the vehicle to hydroplane and the driver to lose control. Because of this, drivers should avoid driving in inclement weather or adjust their driving for conditions. Poorly maintained roads can also contribute to car accidents. The government must answer for any dangerous road conditions they do not address.
- Mechanical defects – Sometimes, a third party can be liable for a car accident. If the vehicle has defective parts or is not maintained, a collision can happen.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
- Open fractures
- Broken bones
- Internal and external bleeding
- Loss of limb
- Collapsed lung
- Head injuries
- Slipped disc
- Cracked ribs
- Facet joint syndrome
- Open cuts
Statistics about Torrance Car Accident Claims
Los Angeles County is infamous for traffic accidents. Arash Law heavily litigates car accident claims in the county and California as a whole. We frequently litigate because there are, unfortunately, a plethora of car accidents in Torrance and the surrounding areas. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports over 92,020 injury-related and fatal car accidents.
Statewide, the California Highway Patrol reported a fatal or injury-related car accident every three minutes. Overall, there were 197,146 car accidents statewide in 2017. From these reports, California has moved towards the Vision Zero safety initiative. It aims to eliminate traffic injuries and deaths by 2025.
Car accidents impact not only the victims but their loved ones as well. The injuries are catastrophic in some cases, leading to family members having to take on additional roles. Sometimes, families become caregivers for medical issues. Other times, they must take on the financial responsibility the injured person used to have.
The roads are dangerous, and being in a car accident can change your life forever. Failing to hire the right personal injury attorney in Torrance can devastate you and your family. The wrong lawyer on your team can prevent you from getting the recovery you need from suffering an injury in a collision. Speak to a lawyer at Arash Law today.
Determining Fault in Torrance Car Accident Cases
Proving fault and establishing liability is very complex in California. It requires showing the other person was at fault and that you did not play a role in the accident. This concept is based on comparative negligence. Essentially, you cannot share the blame with the other party. If you do share responsibility, your settlement is reduced by the percentage of fault you had.
What Do You Do After A Car Accident in Torrance?
- Move to a safe location – If possible, move to a safe location to avoid further collisions or injuries.
- Don’t panic – Keep as calm as possible and move vehicles off the roadway.
- Check for injuries – First, evaluate yourself and anyone in your vehicle for injuries. Next, you must call for emergency medical services if there are injuries. A medical professional must check out everyone, even if they do not think they have suffered an injury.
- Call the police – They will come and assess the scene and craft an accident report that you can use for your claim. When you call for medical assistance, they will also send the police for this purpose. If the at-fault driver was intoxicated, police can arrest them and work on criminal charges.
- Exchange contact information – Keep to the basics when speaking to the other driver, insurance company, and police. Do not admit liability or a contribution to the accident. Do not apologize to anyone, as that is an admission of guilt. You should only exchange insurance and contact information. Our legal team will handle the rest.
- Collect evidence – If you can access your cell phone, begin taking pictures of the damage. You will want to capture the accident scene, the vehicles, nearby shops, and traffic signs. Get witness information if there is any. If possible, gather vehicle debris.
- Hire Arash Law’s Torrance car accident lawyers – The best way to protect yourself after an accident is to consult a lawyer.
Some of these steps you can be physically incapacitated to complete. Do only what you can at the scene. The most important part is getting to safety and treating your injuries. We can handle everything once you meet with our Torrance car accident lawyers.
California Motoring Laws
There are various laws regarding vehicle accidents across California. One law that comes into many accident victims’ heads is seat belt use. All passengers 16 years and older must wear a seat belt. If you were not wearing a seat belt during the collision, it would impact the pain and damage you sustained.
Rules on Reporting Car Accidents in California
Ensure that the police file a report about the accident, as it can be used when filing an insurance claim. Still, you must report the collision to the DMV and the insurance company. They will require information about the accident and the drivers involved. You can work with car accident lawyers in Torrance for assistance in reporting the collision.
Reporting Car Accidents to The DMV
According to California Vehicle Code §16000, drivers must report traffic incidents resulting in injuries, damages, or deaths to the DMV within ten days. The insurance company or police will often handle this step for you. However, our Torrance car accident lawyers can help you if, for some reason, they cannot.
Reporting Car Accidents to Law Enforcement
If the police fail to document the collision involving injuries or fatalities, CVC §20008 requires motorists to make a written report about the crash to the Highway Patrol or a local precinct within 24 hours. This is also the case for hit-and-run accidents.
General Rules on the Road
Driver error and fatigue rank as the leading cause of car accidents, with both being entirely preventable. Notably, Los Angeles has earned the notorious distinction of being the road rage capital of the United States, an issue that also trickles out to surrounding cities like Torrance. This heightened aggression on the road frequently results in hit-and-run and pedestrian accidents. Motorists must adhere to all general road rules and do their part proactively to prevent crashes and injuries.
- Drivers must be licensed and insured and must operate registered vehicles.
- Drivers must obey posted speed limits.
- Drivers must adjust their speed and driving habits when bad weather, darkness, or other dangerous conditions are present.
- Drivers must yield to oncoming vehicles.
- Drivers should refrain from following other vehicles too closely.
- Drivers cannot run red lights, stop signs, or traffic signals.
- Drivers should not use a cell phone while driving.
- Drivers should stay away from distractions and handheld devices.
There are many other road rules to follow. It is imperative that drivers are aware of and follow the law to protect everyone’s safety. A driver failing to follow these and other regulations can lead to a traffic crash. When assessing your case, personal injury lawyers will investigate the cause and if any laws were violated.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
Timing is everything when it comes to car accident claims. When seeking compensation, there are many deadlines and processes to consider. You already know the first deadline for filing an accident report with the DMV or city. But that is only the first deadline you must consider, as California has a stringent statute of limitations for all personal injury cases.
It is common to see injury victims believe they can handle a case independently because they think it is ironclad. Unfortunately, even a seemingly ironclad case can run into some problems, with the most common being shared liability laws. When they are applied to a case, it can hurt your chances of getting the maximum payment for your losses. It can even result in losing your case entirely. Even a small percentage of fault awarded to you is enough to defeat the ironclad case you had.
Important Car Insurance Laws
Do not give the adjusters a recorded statement. You should not admit to any negligent actions. If a driver lacks insurance coverage, they must pay out of pocket. Speaking with an experienced lawyer is in your best interest.
What is The 15/30/5 Minimum Requirement for Car-Related Insurance?
There are minimum requirements under California Law for insurance related to car accidents. The law requires vehicle operators to have $15,000 per victim in coverage. They must also have $30,000 for bodily injury or death for more than one victim. Lastly, motorists must have a minimum of $5,000 for property damage. The policyholder’s vehicle is not covered.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident; client suffered internal injuries.– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
These policies can also come in handy if there is an unidentified driver. Our car accident lawyers in Torrance will investigate your collision to find the runaway driver. In the meantime, you can use your policy to avoid delays. In addition to collision coverage, you can make other policy changes.
California works on a fault-based system when handling insurance claims. The laws require that the harmed party prove the other driver is liable for the collision resulting in said injuries. There are also pure comparative negligence laws that can apply to your case, where your financial recovery is reduced by your percentage of fault.
Claims for Permanent Injuries
Car Accident Medical Expenses
It is vital to follow the doctor’s orders. We understand their treatments and appointments are expensive. That is why our legal professionals will represent you while seeking reimbursement from the at-fault driver.
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Mental health treatment
- Chiropractic care
- Medical devices like braces, crutches, wheelchairs, and more
- Spinal injections
- Specialist appointments
- Diagnostic imaging
Gathering Evidence in A Car Accident
Working and negotiating with the insurance company requires proving many aspects of your claim. To prove to the insurance company that you have a valid claim for compensation, you have to prove every element. Our investigators and legal team will search for evidence such as:
- The vehicle event data recorder
- Traffic cameras
- Nearby surveillance cameras
- Witness statements
- Medical documents
- Police reports
- Expert witness testimony
You need substantial evidence to meet the burden of proof for a car accident claim. However, gathering evidence requires significant resources. You must have a competent personal injury with connections and resources to gather this critical evidence. Fortunately for accident victims, Arash Law works with private investigators and accident reconstructionists.
Dealing with An Insurance Company After A Car Accident
How Much Can I Settle for An Accident Claim?
When the insurance company does not budge and negotiations are at a standstill, it is time for the next step. A judge can order mediation between us and the insurer’s team, where a neutral third party will work to get to an agreement. Mediation is successful if both parties negotiate and agree to the terms.
Damages You Can Recover in A Car Accident
Third-Party Payment Options
Call Us for A Free Consultation With The Award-Winning Car Accident Lawyers Torrance Relies On
After a collision in Torrance, you must recover compensation for your losses. Doing so can be challenging when the insurance company is working against you. They will place numerous hoops to pay you less than your case worth.