San Diego Accident Lawyers
- Types of Cases that Our Experienced Accident Lawyers in San Diego Handle
- Car Accidents
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Common Causes of Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Aviation Accidents
- Assault and Abuse
- Product Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Maritime Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Complex Injuries
- Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorney
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Accidents happen. We can help
with our San Diego Accident Lawyers
The San Diego accident lawyers at Arash Law, founded by famous attorney Arash Khorsandi, Esq., understand the challenges people are facing and are dedicated to helping them during these difficult times. When you reach out to us, our attorneys’ initial step is to gather all relevant information about your case.
Settlement in a motor vehicle accident involving a ride share company; client suffered spinal injuries– JUDD ROSS ALLEN
Types of Cases that Our Experienced Accident Lawyers in San Diego Handle
- $6 million was recovered for a client driving with his wife and son on a two-lane highway when a drunk driver crossed the double yellow lines and caused a head-on collision, killing the mother.
- $5.25 million was recovered for a client who was rendered a paraplegic after being struck by an inattentive driver; also obtained workers’ compensation benefits for this client.
- $4.1 million for a client who suffered multiple broken bones and other orthopedic injuries as the result of an automobile accident in which another driver attempted to make a left turn in front of our client in heavy fog.
- $2.5 million for a client struck by another driver traveling at a high rate of speed.
Experiencing a hit-and-run accident in the San Diego area can be extremely distressing and leave a person feeling lost and unsure of their options. However, there are steps a person can take to seek compensation and protect their rights, even if the “at fault” driver is never found.
It is crucial to reach out to experienced San Diego accident lawyers who understand the intricacies of a hit-and-run case. The San Diego accident attorneys at Arash Law will guide you through the process and work tirelessly to obtain the maximum compensation for you.
It is important to note that insurance policies are deliberately tricky to understand, and insurance companies may try to minimize payouts or deny claims. That’s why having skilled legal representation is crucial.
Common Causes of Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Distracted driving – The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reported that the 3,142 people killed nationwide in crashes involving a distracted driver accounted for 8.7 percent of all traffic deaths.
- Driver fatigue – According to OTS, being awake for 24 hours is akin to having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 percent, more than the legal limit of 0.08.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that 9,288 people were killed in crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers in California from 2009 to 2018.
- Speeding – OTS reported that the 1,056 people killed in speeding-related collisions in 2016 was a 2.3 percent increase from the 1,032 killed in 2015 and a 10.7 percent increase from the 954 in 2012.
Commercial vehicle accident cases, especially those involving large trucks, are complicated due to the additional rules and regulations that govern commercial transport. If you have suffered a severe injury in a commercial truck accident in San Diego, it is important to seek the assistance of the experienced San Diego truck accident lawyers at Arash Law.
It is true that seeking compensation for injuries sustained in rideshare accidents is a challenging ordeal. Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have their own insurance policies, but the coverage they provide may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the accident.
- If the rideshare driver was not at fault – If the accident was caused by another party, such as another driver, the at-fault driver’s insurance will typically be responsible for covering the damages. In this case, the rideshare company’s insurance policy may provide additional coverage.
- If the rideshare driver was at fault – If the rideshare driver was at fault, the rideshare company’s insurance policy will generally come into play. Rideshare companies are required by California law to carry liability insurance that covers their drivers when they are on duty. However, the coverage may depend on the driver’s status at the time of the accident (i.e., whether they were waiting for a ride request, en route to pick up a passenger, or transporting a passenger).
- If the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured – In cases where the at-fault driver does not have sufficient insurance coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage provided by the rideshare company’s policy may come into play.
If you have suffered an injury in an Uber or Lyft accident, it is essential to seek out expert San Diego accident lawyer as soon as possible. They can assess the details of your case and provide guidance on the best course of action to secure the financial recovery you deserve.
Seeking the Legal Compensation After Uber Or Lyft Accidents
- Permanent and long-lasting physical injuries – Car accidents can result in severe physical injuries that may have long-term consequences, such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or fractures. These injuries can impact your quality of life and require ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Inability to work and provide for your family – Serious injuries from car accidents can render you unable to work temporarily or even permanently. This loss of income can create financial stress and affect your ability to provide for yourself and your family.
- High cost of medical care and other bills – Car accident injuries often require extensive medical care, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation. The expenses can quickly add up, and victims may struggle to afford these costs along with other bills, such as property damage and ongoing care.
- Emotional or mental difficulties – Car accidents can cause emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression, both for the injured person and their loved ones. These emotional and mental challenges can impact daily life and relationships.
- Seek immediate medical attention – Your health and well-being should be your top priority. Seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. Doing so will not only ensure that you receive the necessary care but also document your injuries and their connection to the incident.
- Report the incident – Notify the property owner, manager, or supervisor about the incident and your injuries. Request that they create an incident report and make sure to obtain a copy for your records.
- Document the scene – If you can do so safely, take photos or videos of the scene where the incident occurred. Capture any hazardous conditions, such as spills, uneven surfaces, or lack of warning signs. This evidence can be crucial in establishing liability.
- Gather witness information – If there were any witnesses to the incident, obtain their contact information. Their statements may be valuable in supporting your claim.
- Preserve evidence – If there is any physical evidence related to the incident, such as torn clothing, damaged personal belongings, or surveillance footage, make sure to preserve it. This evidence may be useful in proving your case.
- Consult with a premises liability lawyer – It is highly recommended to seek legal advice from an experienced premises liability lawyer in San Diego. They will assess the details of your case, determine liability, and guide you through the legal process.
- Avoid giving recorded statements – Refrain from providing recorded statements or signing any documents without consulting your lawyer first. Insurance companies may try to minimize your claim or use your statements against you.
- Keep detailed records – Maintain a record of all medical treatments, expenses, lost income, and any other damages resulting from the incident. These records will help support your claim for compensation.
Aviation accident cases are some of the most difficult cases in personal injury law, involving various factors such as federal regulations, technical experience, and liability issues. If you or a loved one have been involved in an aviation accident in San Diego or elsewhere, it is crucial to consult with an experienced aviation litigation attorney who specializes in this area.
- Specialized knowledge – Aviation law is a highly specialized field. An attorney with experience in aviation accidents understands the unique legal principles, regulations, and industry standards that apply to such cases. They are familiar with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigations, and other aspects specific to aviation accidents.
- Investigation and evidence gathering – Aviation accidents often require extensive investigation to determine the cause and liability. A skilled attorney will have the resources and contacts to conduct a thorough investigation, gather evidence, and consult with aviation experts to reconstruct the accident and establish liability.
- Liability assessment – Determining liability in aviation accidents can involve multiple parties, including pilots, aircraft manufacturers, maintenance personnel, air traffic controllers, and more. An experienced aviation attorney can identify the responsible parties and assess their potential liability based on their actions or negligence.
- Insurance and compensation – Aviation accidents can result in significant damages, including medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. An aviation litigation attorney can negotiate with insurance companies and pursue fair compensation for your losses.
- Litigation experience – If a settlement cannot be reached, litigation may be necessary. A skilled aviation litigation attorney will have experience representing clients in court, presenting a compelling case, and advocating for your rights throughout the legal process.
San Diego Aviation Accident Lawyers
The Challenges in Plane Crash Lawsuits
Additionally, an aviation accident attorney is well-versed in the applicable federal regulations, such as those set by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), and other relevant agencies. They can analyze these regulations to determine if any violations occurred and if they played a role in the crash.
When a product is dangerous or defective, it can result in severe injuries or even death. Common types of product liability cases include defective automobiles, malfunctioning medical devices, hazardous toys, unsafe pharmaceuticals, and other consumer products that pose a risk to individuals.
- Design defects – These defects occur when a product’s design is inherently dangerous or flawed, making it unsafe for consumers to use as intended. Even if the product is manufactured correctly, its design poses a risk.
- Manufacturing defects – These defects occur during the manufacturing or production process, resulting in a product that deviates from its intended design. Manufacturing defects can make a specific batch or unit of a product dangerous or defective.
- Marketing defects – These defects involve failures in providing adequate warnings, instructions, or labeling for the product. If the manufacturer or seller fails to warn consumers about potential risks associated with the product’s use or does not provide proper instructions for safe use, they may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
Hurt by a Defective Consumer Product? You Have Rights!
Common Injury Claims Involving Defective Products
Our lawyers can provide guidance, conduct a thorough investigation, work with forensic experts, and build a strong case to seek fair compensation for the injuries, damages, and losses suffered by the victims. By holding manufacturers accountable for their defective products, our firm plays an essential role in promoting consumer safety and ensuring that responsible parties are held liable for their negligence.
Severe burn injuries can indeed have devastating consequences for the victims, causing immense pain, scarring, and long-term disability. It’s crucial for burn injury sufferers to receive comprehensive medical treatment to address the damage and promote healing.
Maritime injuries involve accidents that occur in offshore or maritime settings, such as recreational boating accidents, accidents on commercial vessels, offshore oil rig accidents, or other incidents that take place on or near bodies of water. These cases fall under the purview of specific federal and state laws that govern maritime activities and establish the rights and responsibilities of the parties involved.
When a tragic accident results in the loss of a loved one, the surviving family members may be entitled to seek compensation for their losses through a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death claims are legal actions brought by the surviving family members or beneficiaries of the deceased against the party or parties whose negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct caused the fatal accident.
- Loss of financial support – The value of the income, benefits, and financial contributions the deceased will have provided to the family members had they survived
- Loss of services – The value of household services, childcare, and other contributions that the deceased will have provided
- Funeral and burial expenses – The costs incurred for the funeral, burial or cremation, and related services
- Loss of companionship, love, and emotional support from the deceased
- Pain and suffering experienced by the deceased prior to death
- Loss of guidance, care, and nurturing the deceased will have provided to children or dependents
- Explain the legal elements of a wrongful death claim and the applicable laws in San Diego.
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident to establish liability.
- Gather evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, expert opinions, and medical records.
- Calculate the full extent of the damages suffered by the surviving family members.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to reach a fair settlement.
- Represent your interests in court if a lawsuit becomes necessary.
December 2016: $22M+ verdict in a mild traumatic brain injury case. The entire details of the case can be found in the public record filings by the defendant entity that sued its defense– BRIAN BEECHER
It is important to have experienced and knowledgeable attorneys when dealing with complex injuries and medical issues in personal injury cases. Certain injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, complex regional pain syndrome, and defective drug and medical device injuries, require specialized understanding and experience.
Spinal cord injuries often result in significant disability and require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. Lawyers experienced in spinal cord injury cases will be familiar with the medical complexities, the impact on the individual’s quality of life, and the long-term financial implications.
Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), also known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy, is a chronic pain condition that can be difficult to diagnose and treat. Attorneys who have handled cases involving CRPS understand the challenges in establishing a causal link, gathering medical evidence, and presenting a compelling case for compensation.
Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorneys
Proving negligence is a key aspect of a slip-and-fall accident case. Property and building owners, as well as government agencies, have a duty to exercise reasonable care in maintaining safe conditions for those who visit or use their premises.
Bicycle Accident Lawyers
If you have suffered an injury in a bicycle accident, it is crucial to take the necessary steps to protect your rights and seek appropriate compensation. Consulting with proficient San Diego bicycle accident lawyers can provide you with valuable guidance and support throughout the legal process.
Furthermore, skilled bicycle accident lawyers can deal with healthcare providers, insurance companies, and medical bills, navigate the complexities of insurance claims, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and ensure you receive fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Common Personal Injuries Claims for Bike Accidents
- Motorists hitting bicyclists through sideswipe or rear-end collisions – These types of accidents occur when a motorist fails to give sufficient space to a cyclist while passing or collides with them from behind. In such cases, the motorist may be at fault for not exercising proper caution and yielding the right of way to the cyclist.
- Vehicles turning right in front of shouldered bicyclists – This type of accident often happens when a motorist fails to notice a cyclist who is traveling alongside or slightly behind them. If a motorist turns right without yielding to the cyclist or providing enough space, a collision can occur, resulting in injuries to the cyclist.
- Motorists turning left in front of oncoming bicyclists – This type of accident occurs when a motorist makes a left turn without yielding to an oncoming cyclist, cutting off their path and leading to a collision. Motorists are responsible for properly scanning and ensuring the path is clear before making a left turn.
- Bicycle equipment failure – Sometimes, accidents can be caused by equipment failures, such as brake failures, defective tires, or faulty bike components. In such cases, the manufacturer or distributor of the defective product may be held liable for the injuries sustained by the cyclist.
Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Why Recreational Vehicles Are Difficult to Drive on San Diego Roads
Contact Our Record-Setting Accident Lawyers in San Diego
Arash Law, under the guidance of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., has an unprecedented level of success in handling all kinds of personal injury claims in California. We have recovered more than $500 million for our clients. Best of all, we accomplish this under our no-win, no-fee guarantee, which is a contingency fee agreement under which you will pay us nothing upfront, and we only collect money when we actually win or settle your case.
We invite you to review our past case results and testimonials from previous clients to get a better idea of exactly what working with Arash Law is like. All of our initial consultations are free for our clients, so you can arrange your own by either calling (888) 488-1391 or contacting us online. Do not wait another minute to get help getting justice in your case.