California E-cigarette / Vape Explosions Accident Lawyers
- PAY NOTHING UPFRONT
- OVER $400 MILLION RECOVERED
- ZERO-FEES UNTIL WE WIN
Vape Explosion Accident Lawyers Helping Victims Across California
The popularity of e-cigarette devices, or vapes, has skyrocketed in recent years, with more and more consumers purchasing vape pens. While vaping is perceived safer than smoking for one’s overall health, the dangers of the device itself are often overlooked. Consumers have a reasonable expectation that the products they purchase will be safe to use, even if the product is designed to facilitate something unhealthy. Lithium-ion batteries power vape devices.
While usually safe, lithium-ion batteries have been associated with fires and explosions and have led to recalls, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and hoverboard products. As with all potentially fatal products, it’s important to keep a receipt of purchase.
Faulty Batteries Are Causing Severe Burn Injuries to Vape Consumers
E-cigarette lithium-ion batteries are known to catch fire or explode. At least 134 cases have been reported to the Food and Drug Administration, but thousands more have gone unreported. California product liability law protects consumers from faulty products and provides the legal means to pursue the parties responsible for your injuries suffered in a vape explosion.
Our Law Firm Will Help You Seek Damages With Outstanding Client Service.
- NO RECOVERY, NO FEE You will only pay attorney fees if we win your case.
- NO UPFRONT CHARGES We do not ask for a retainer fee, even for product liability cases.
- NO SURPRISE BILLS You will never be required to pay for anything related to your ongoing case.
- EXCEPTIONAL CASE RESULTS Our injury attorneys continuously seek the maximum possible recovery for our clients.
If a vape has exploded and caused you or your loved one’s injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, property damage, and pain and suffering. The Arash Law injury attorneys led by Arash Khorsandi will pursue the manufacturer, distributor, retailer, and any other responsible entity in pursuit of financial recovery. Call our expert vape explosion accident lawyers now at (888) 488-1391.
Your Health is Important and Vape explosions can result in serious burn injuries. It’s important to seek immediate medical care as quickly as possible. Our law firm can help you on your journey to physical recovery from your injuries.
- Seek Local Treatment We’ll help you find doctors and hospitals near your home, work, or wherever is convenient.
- Appointment Scheduling We will work with you and your doctors to find convenient times for appointments.
- Forget About Bills Our law firm will handle all of your medical bills so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Pursue Necessary Treatment Serious injuries require serious medical treatment. We’ll fight to ensure you receive the necessary care.
Our experienced product liability attorneys can help you seek needed medical care.
April 2019: $14M settlement in a traumatic brain injury case involving a defective piece of equipment at a factory.– Arash Khorsandi
Why do Vapes Explode?
Vaping devices explode when a lithium-ion battery overheats. At a certain temperature, a flammable portion of the battery will ignite. In rapid succession, other combustible parts of the battery ignite, producing an explosion. If you’ve been injured by an exploding battery in a vape pen, call us now.
Three Simple Reasons Why A Vape / E-Cig Pen Can Explode:
- The battery wasn’t manufactured accurately. This was a problem in the early days of electronic cigarettes, but there has been a massive increase in reliability as the industry has grown in professionalism. It would be best if you always bought vape pens from a reputable supplier.
- Mechanical Mods are vape devices that were built without the usual electrical safeguards and cutouts, and it was one of these that caused the recent death in the USA. You also get mods which are build by vapers themselves.
- A lack of battery knowledge. There are some necessary safeguards which all vapers should know, such as not exposing batteries to direct sunlight and exposing them to extremely hot or cold conditions.
Pursuing an E-Cig/Vape Pen Product Liability Claim
About 10 percent of adults have at least tried an electronic vaping device. While the chances are low, there is no way to tell if or when any vape will explode. If you are considering purchasing a vaping device as an alternative to tobacco, be sure to keep your receipt. Pursuing a product liability claim is complicated, but our experienced attorneys can help you pursue the manufacturers and distributors of exploding vape pens.
How Do I Report a Vape Battery Explosion to FDA?
FDA is aware of explosion events and is collecting data to help address this problem. Please report a vape explosion, or any other unexpected health or safety issue with a vape, to the FDA through the Safety Reporting Portal. When you fill out the form, please be sure to include:
- The name of the vape manufacturer
- The brand name, model, and serial number of the vape
- The brand name and model of the battery
- Where it was purchased
- Whether the product was used differently than intended by the manufacturer
- Whether the product was modified in any way